Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple question CT - Do you think Pardew is a better manager than Hughton?

Yes.

Simple question for you.

As you thinks he's not, tell me in footballing terms why Hughtons better.

Never been relegated from premiership,

never shagged a players wife (or at least never been caught)

never turned up drunk for training.

never been sacked by a Division 1 club.

Has beaten Sunderland 5-1 and Villa 6-0 in the same season

Has beaten Arsenal away.

Now show me the proof that Pardew is better.

Tbf you know exactly my point and rather than give it serious argument you throw tripe like that up. (Your choice though)

The gang of four were probably responsible for last season and I would guess that Chris just carried on coaching with a few media duties thrown in as well. I dont see any evidence of anything different.

all during last season and pre season, the conversations on here were that he was not good enough for the prem and that he would be gone by Christmas.

Even this season we have discussed how he perseveres with players when everyone else can see its not working.

He hasnt appeared to show hes a great tactician.

Or that he makes good use of substitutions to change a game.

Or that he's a brilliant man motivator.

In hindsight in appears that he has also just been a yes man.

Do I think Pardew will do any of the above better, probably.

Its quite suprising how so few on here cant seem to rest their emotions to one side, sit back and think about things in reality.

Parky can do it (but knows not to go too far :razz: ), Chez does it very well and even Happy Face talks sense.

The Hystrionic brigade though.....Dear me.

I reckon the solidarity in the side throughout last season after relegation and into this season speaks volumes of his ability to pick the players up.

You've heard from Chris and the gang of four that it was them who held a no holds barred meeting after the Aldershot game and put the do or die togetherness in place. Nolan even said it was him that ran the dressing room.

Short memories.

What about picking the side up after heavy defeats? You'll be saying that was Nolan as well I suspect?

I've got nothing against Pardew. Yet. Plainly many fans have. But surely even you can see the timing and manner of CH's departure is wrong.

But tell me something. We're in 12th now and Pardew is to bring in an improvment. How much further up the table do you expect him to finish?

Its a tough one though isnt it. Last year a few on here were saying great for getting us up but no good for the prem.

Can you imagine if they sacked him a week after promotion?

What about once the window had closed in January? (imagine the shit storm then)

What about after 5-1?

Its clear they didnt want him so really I cant see when else would have been right.

With regard to Pardew, the fact that THEY TRUST HIM means he will get the coaching staff he wants in and will probably get money to spend. Those two points alone will benefit our chances of improving.

It also seems that players are coming out saying good things about Pardews management skill rather than knocking them.

We're in 12th now and Pardew is to bring in an improvment. How much further up the table do you expect him to finish?

Hold on, when do you think the right time to sack him should have been (bearing in mind they didnt want him) ?

Is that a serious question, CT? It had to be in the summer if that was the case.

Last summer, after we'd just being promoted?

You would have been any happier then?

If he was replaced by Pardew back then I wouldn't have been happy but that's a completely different issue. You're asking about the timing. If you don't rate a manager it's obviously better to give a new bloke the chance to bring in his own players, coaching staff, etc. and have pre-season training with the squad than it is to wait for a manager to have a bad spell so you can have an excuse to get rid of him. The latter is obviously the coward's choice, which should come as no surprise I suppose. Can't believe something this elementary needs pointing out tbh.

Is that a serious question, CT? It had to be in the summer if that was the case.

If he was replaced by Pardew back then I wouldn't have been happy but that's a completely different issue. You're asking about the timing. If you don't rate a manager it's obviously better to give a new bloke the chance to bring in his own players, coaching staff, etc. and have pre-season training with the squad than it is to wait for a manager to have a bad spell so you can have an excuse to get rid of him. The latter is obviously the coward's choice, which should come as no surprise I suppose. Can't believe something this elementary needs pointing out tbh.

Just being back on the forum for this week and reading his posts, I can.

Its suprising what Tosh you talk at times. :razz:

If its this bad now, it would have been blue fucking Murder in the summer.

And again, most on here thought he wasnt good enough for the prem but he deserved a shot at the prem.

And again, most on here thought he wasnt good enough for the prem but he deserved a shot at the prem.

Are you actually disagreeing with the logic that the best time to bring in a new manager would have been in the summer (if they didn't rate Hughton)? I was talking purely from a timing point of view. The clue was given by my saying that in the previous post.

As for the blue murder bit, they couldn't give a fuck what the fans think anyway.

Edited by alex

I wasnt sure if he could handle the prem, especially not on one scraps I expected MA to fede him. So for me, if they knew they didnt want him (which is pretty clear they didnt) he should have went in the summer. But, as they kept him he should have had a new contract and an assitance and given a shot. Im bemused at why now?

Again, where do think Pardew will have us finish that offers an improvement over what CH has done given Pardews vast ability over that of CH?

The decision is not a reflection on his work at Newcastle, it is a sad reflection on the people running the football club.

Perfect, KK.

Also, CT is quite clearly a mong. But that Nolan quote he's referring to is nearly right

“We have a management that is so happy with the system. They allow us to manage the dressing room but if Chris says, ‘No, that’s not right, this is what we do,’ then that’s it, no matter what we say. Chris is the manager, Col (Colin Calderwood) is the assistant, we are the players. They manage, we just play.”

“The reason why it is this way is all obvious. Because Chris did not have the job at the start of the season, Chris, Col, all the coaching staff, all the medical staff who came on tour with us did not know they would still be in a job the next day.”

“We knew we had to join forces with them and build something that would work so if Chris got the job, there would be a structure in place to make sure we had the best chance of getting back into the Premier League.”

“We have enjoyed the fact that all you (journalists) can write about is is good stuff!”

Mods, can we ban Contrary Tit from Newcastle Forum and any politics threads? :razz: He is okay when not on the windup.

To be honest, if I put a poll up of the "What is your favourite Star Wars?" I'd guarantee he'd pick Phantom Menace - after viewing the poll results of course.

Mods, can we ban Contrary Tit from Newcastle Forum and any politics threads? :razz: He is okay when not on the windup.

To be honest, if I put a poll up of the "What is your favourite Star Wars?" I'd guarantee he'd pick Phantom Menace - after viewing the poll results of course.

He's the JarJar Binks of Toontastic.

Thing is CT back when we were all (wrongly) saying that we didnt think CH would cut it in the Prem it was based on him not having had a proper crack at it, you were arguing that he should be given a contract and he could be the best thing to happen to this club.

Since then we've seen him greatly exceed all expectations, give us some results to be truly proud of and bragging rights for years to come. Everyone it seems, has changed their tune, most of us admitting we were wrong and you deciding hes now not good enough.

I see now why you didnt cut it in Advertising.

I wasnt sure if he could handle the prem, especially not on one scraps I expected MA to fede him. So for me, if they knew they didnt want him (which is pretty clear they didnt) he should have went in the summer. But, as they kept him he should have had a new contract and an assitance and given a shot. Im bemused at why now?

Again, where do think Pardew will have us finish that offers an improvement over what CH has done given Pardews vast ability over that of CH?

Look at Fish's sig. :razz: Even more certain now.

The decision is not a reflection on his work at Newcastle, it is a sad reflection on the people running the football club.

Perfect, KK.

Also, CT is quite clearly a mong. But that Nolan quote he's referring to is nearly right

“We have a management that is so happy with the system. They allow us to manage the dressing room but if Chris says, ‘No, that’s not right, this is what we do,’ then that’s it, no matter what we say. Chris is the manager, Col (Colin Calderwood) is the assistant, we are the players. They manage, we just play.”

“The reason why it is this way is all obvious. Because Chris did not have the job at the start of the season, Chris, Col, all the coaching staff, all the medical staff who came on tour with us did not know they would still be in a job the next day.”

“We knew we had to join forces with them and build something that would work so if Chris got the job, there would be a structure in place to make sure we had the best chance of getting back into the Premier League.”

“We have enjoyed the fact that all you (journalists) can write about is is good stuff!”

:razz:

The thing is, Im only contrary at the time. As usual a few months down the road, the majority will be saying the same thing. Whether its NUSC or Barton call for player of the season or the Carrol hypes over the top etc etc.

Ahead of the curve, usually. (Its a bastard to live with). ...... awaits post fix. :razz: