Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thing is CT back when we were all (wrongly) saying that we didnt think CH would cut it in the Prem it was based on him not having had a proper crack at it, you were arguing that he should be given a contract and he could be the best thing to happen to this club.

Since then we've seen him greatly exceed all expectations, give us some results to be truly proud of and bragging rights for years to come. Everyone it seems, has changed their tune, most of us admitting we were wrong and you deciding hes now not good enough.

I see now why you didnt cut it in Advertising.

I was as angry as anyone a few days ago, but with maturity, family life etc and having seen it all before, you calm down quicker and move on. (Im sure Leazes understands). :razz:

Since then Ive tried to have some analysis over the decision and why it could be and what it could mean etc. Some posters, like David Kelly, Chez, Parky and several others get involved and enjoy discussing it.

Then you have the Drama Queens, the Im so clevers and the rent a mongs who act in there own special way. Thats up to them. I know which i find more interesting?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Thing is CT back when we were all (wrongly) saying that we didnt think CH would cut it in the Prem it was based on him not having had a proper crack at it, you were arguing that he should be given a contract and he could be the best thing to happen to this club.

Since then we've seen him greatly exceed all expectations, give us some results to be truly proud of and bragging rights for years to come. Everyone it seems, has changed their tune, most of us admitting we were wrong and you deciding hes now not good enough.

I was as angry as anyone a few days ago, but with maturity, family life etc and having seen it all before, you calm down quicker and move on. (Im sure Leazes understands). :razz:

Since then Ive tried to have some analysis over the decision and why it could be and what it could mean etc. Some posters, like David Kelly, Chez, Parky and several others get involved and enjoy discussing it.

Then you have the Drama Queens, the Im so clevers and the rent a mongs who act in there own special way. Thats up to them. I know which i find more interesting?

I've answered every question you've posed, your problem is you're selective of the questions you choose to answer. What pisses me off and I've voiced this to the very echelons of this board, if the media got hold of your views we'd look like absolute cunts if it was intimated you were a voice of a large section of toon fans.

Seen it all before :razz: you've been a two game a season man for 30 year.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Pardew is clearly not a better manager than Hughton. The problem is that neither of them are that good and IMO, there was a good chance that we'd be relegated with Hughton in charge. And I get that he's a good bloke and everybody liked him. After some of the performances, I can see why ashley decided he wanted him out but I don't understand his choice in Pardew.

I think we'll still get relegated or at least escape by the skin of our teeth.

I've voiced this to the very echelons of this board

I've answered every question you've posed, your problem is you're selective of the questions you choose to answer. What pisses me off and, if the media got hold of your views we'd look like absolute cunts if it was intimated you were a voice of a large section of toon fans.

Seen it all before :razz: you've been a two game a season man for 30 year.

:D

Pardew is clearly not a better manager than Hughton. The problem is that neither of them are that good and IMO, there was a good chance that we'd be relegated with Hughton in charge. And I get that he's a good bloke and everybody liked him. After some of the performances, I can see why ashley decided he wanted him out but I don't understand his choice in Pardew.

I think we'll still get relegated or at least escape by the skin of our teeth.

Pardew has mentioned in every interview that I've seen that he wants to develop the youth system. This sounds too much like the famous no capital outlay "Arsenal Model" mooted when Wise brought in Ranger, Zamblera etc... I'd imagine Pardew is one of a few managers who would agree to work with it.

Edited by Phil

Let's not give CT too much credit. Hughton's record this season is still worse than Allardyce or Souness when they were here after all.

:razz:

Just watched the footage of the press conference again and I had this awful sense of fuckin shame whilst doing so. I wouldn't go down the road of the "a once fine,proud football club" bollocks but when I look at that silly cunt Pardew sat there on his own, without any back up whatsoever from the fuckers who appointed him I just fell ashamed to be associated with what NUFC have been turned into under Ashley. Never thought I'd ever say that I was ashamed of the club ;)

As a Charlton fan, I'm genuinely sorry that you will now have to put up with Alan Pardew (aka 'The Ego').

I thought you might enjoy this summary I put together of his increasingly bizarre press conference excuses for Charlton's poor form:

http://newyorkaddick.blogspot.com/2008/10/...-own-words.html

In truth, he's probably not as bad as I make out nor as great as he thinks. Good luck!

Responsible for West Ham's worst ever run of matches isn't he?

I'm pretty sure his biggest achievement as a manager was to get them promoted (if not that then a lost FA Cup final - but you can't compare that to Hughton because he never had the chance to see how far he could take us in the cup), via the play-offs. In that case Hughton has actually done more than him.

Let's not give CT too much credit. Hughton's record this season is still worse than Allardyce or Souness when they were here after all.

;)

Very True

Just watched the footage of the press conference again and I had this awful sense of fuckin shame whilst doing so. I wouldn't go down the road of the "a once fine,proud football club" bollocks but when I look at that silly cunt Pardew sat there on his own, without any back up whatsoever from the fuckers who appointed him I just fell ashamed to be associated with what NUFC have been turned into under Ashley. Never thought I'd ever say that I was ashamed of the club ;)

Amen.

And I say that with the heaviest of hearts.

That Keegan interview in full - lays it out simply and correctly

Chris Hughton's shock departure from St James' Park this week has once again demonstrated that Newcastle United need some stability, but you will never get stability when you have Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias running the club. Ashley has made no secret that he wants to sell Newcastle, and the best day will come when someone buys it from him and runs Newcastle like that club should be run. The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias - it can't go anywhere, I promise you that.

I do not understand the decision to get rid of Chris. I lived with the same people for eight months - I didn't understand them then and I don't understand them now, and I don't think many of the fans do. I also don't understand Christmas Tree - that bloke hasn't got a clue, about politics or football. I hope Ashley and Christmas Tree never meet or the world could possibly end in the vortex of idiocy they could create. When a man buys a club like Mike Ashley did, and he knows as little about football as he does, he is likely to make these sort of mistakes and these sort of judgements, and still think he is doing okay.

When you get the fans saying it is the wrong decision, when you get the players saying it is wrong and when you even get the press saying it is wrong, it tells you, unsurprisingly, that the decision is the wrong one. The news won't have come as a total surprise to Chris, having worked with the people he had been working with for the best part of two and a bit years. He knew what he was dealing with.

It's almost impossible to work in that environment, and that's why I take my hat off to Chris for getting on with it for as long as he did. He hung in there, did a great job under difficult circumstances, with very little investment, and his reward for that is for them to say, 'Thanks very much Chris, you did a great job but we don't want you any more'. The decision is not a reflection on his work at Newcastle, it is a sad reflection on the people running the football club.

Chris certainly deserved to be treated a lot better, but I think the one thing he has got in his favour is that he can walk away knowing full well that the fact those in charge at Newcastle got rid of him is no reflection on the job he did during his time at the club. I don't know what the reason is; you would have to ask Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias. Not many people understand the rationale behind the decision.

It does appear they wanted to remove Chris for a while though. Their minds were made up a long time ago, but results like the 6-0 win over Aston Villa, the 5-1 win against Sunderland and the 1-0 victory at Arsenal made it awkward for them to do so. They waited for an opportune time and the moment presented itself when a couple of results didn't go very well. It would surprise a lot of people, but it does not surprise me.

So what has Chris gained from being at Newcastle? Well, tremendous experience for a start. He was a coach when he went there and, now he has left, he is a manager. If he wants to go back to coaching that would be his choice, but he has proved he can thrive in a leading role. Chris got Newcastle promoted with 102 points in the Championship last season, he was named manager of the year, so if he wants to pursue that avenue, there will be plenty of people who will be very impressed by what he has done at St James' Park. It is disappointing the way it has come to an end, but I don't think, deep down, Chris will be that surprised, knowing the people he was dealing with at the club.

Alan Pardew was confirmed as his replacement on Wednesday and although he is more experienced than Chris was when he started the job, he is not vastly experienced. He has managed for 17 months in the Premier League. But Alan's a good lad. I know him well, he is very dedicated and he works very hard. The sad thing is that Alan is going in and is getting off on the wrong foot through no fault of his own.

The supporters won't be resistant to Alan because of the circumstances of his appointment, though. Any criticism will be levelled at Llambias and Mike Ashley, because it is their decision. The fans would be wrong to pick on Alan. Obviously if results don't go well then they may start to voice discontent, but Alan is just the meat in the middle of the sandwich here.

Deep down, Newcastle fans know they are in a difficult situation because at the moment the man who owns the club doesn't really want it; he has said that publicly. Ashley wants to sell , but also wants to make money and in the current financial climate that will be difficult. Newcastle are in a bit of a corner at the moment, but one thing the fans will do is support the team. The current situation is not the fault of the players, and they will be supported from the stands providing that they give the effort required when you wear that famous shirt. However, Newcastle fans are never going to get behind the current regime, because they have seen too much evidence of things they don't like.

Amen.

And I say that with the heaviest of hearts.

x2

Well CT, I'm guessing you're levelling some of this scorn at me.

Ok, fair enough, I'll tell you why I don't venture many football opinions; most of what I would have said has already been said before.

However, you ever ask me a question and I'll answer it.

but to question my knowledge then show your incompetence makes me think you won't be asking anything, any time soon.

As a Charlton fan, I'm genuinely sorry that you will now have to put up with Alan Pardew (aka 'The Ego').

I thought you might enjoy this summary I put together of his increasingly bizarre press conference excuses for Charlton's poor form:

In truth, he's probably not as bad as I make out nor as great as he thinks. Good luck!

Nice one mate, cheers for sharing.

We could play Pardew bullshit bingo with that lot in the coming months.

"Fair play to Liverpool, they absolutely raped us but I can't fault the lads for effort"

Chris Hughton's shock departure from St James' Park this week has once again demonstrated that Newcastle United need some stability, but you will never get stability when you have Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias running the club. Ashley has made no secret that he wants to sell Newcastle, and the best day will come when someone buys it from him and runs Newcastle like that club should be run. The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias - it can't go anywhere, I promise you that.

I do not understand the decision to get rid of Chris. I lived with the same people for eight months - I didn't understand them then and I don't understand them now, and I don't think many of the fans do. I also don't understand Christmas Tree - that bloke hasn't got a clue, about politics or football. I hope Ashley and Christmas Tree never meet or the world could possibly end in the vortex of idiocy they could create. When a man buys a club like Mike Ashley did, and he knows as little about football as he does, he is likely to make these sort of mistakes and these sort of judgements, and still think he is doing okay.

When you get the fans saying it is the wrong decision, when you get the players saying it is wrong and when you even get the press saying it is wrong, it tells you, unsurprisingly, that the decision is the wrong one. The news won't have come as a total surprise to Chris, having worked with the people he had been working with for the best part of two and a bit years. He knew what he was dealing with.

It's almost impossible to work in that environment, and that's why I take my hat off to Chris for getting on with it for as long as he did. He hung in there, did a great job under difficult circumstances, with very little investment, and his reward for that is for them to say, 'Thanks very much Chris, you did a great job but we don't want you any more'. The decision is not a reflection on his work at Newcastle, it is a sad reflection on the people running the football club.

Chris certainly deserved to be treated a lot better, but I think the one thing he has got in his favour is that he can walk away knowing full well that the fact those in charge at Newcastle got rid of him is no reflection on the job he did during his time at the club. I don't know what the reason is; you would have to ask Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias. Not many people understand the rationale behind the decision.

It does appear they wanted to remove Chris for a while though. Their minds were made up a long time ago, but results like the 6-0 win over Aston Villa, the 5-1 win against Sunderland and the 1-0 victory at Arsenal made it awkward for them to do so. They waited for an opportune time and the moment presented itself when a couple of results didn't go very well. It would surprise a lot of people, but it does not surprise me.

So what has Chris gained from being at Newcastle? Well, tremendous experience for a start. He was a coach when he went there and, now he has left, he is a manager. If he wants to go back to coaching that would be his choice, but he has proved he can thrive in a leading role. Chris got Newcastle promoted with 102 points in the Championship last season, he was named manager of the year, so if he wants to pursue that avenue, there will be plenty of people who will be very impressed by what he has done at St James' Park. It is disappointing the way it has come to an end, but I don't think, deep down, Chris will be that surprised, knowing the people he was dealing with at the club.

Alan Pardew was confirmed as his replacement on Wednesday and although he is more experienced than Chris was when he started the job, he is not vastly experienced. He has managed for 17 months in the Premier League. But Alan's a good lad. I know him well, he is very dedicated and he works very hard. The sad thing is that Alan is going in and is getting off on the wrong foot through no fault of his own.

The supporters won't be resistant to Alan because of the circumstances of his appointment, though. Any criticism will be levelled at Llambias and Mike Ashley, because it is their decision. The fans would be wrong to pick on Alan. Obviously if results don't go well then they may start to voice discontent, but Alan is just the meat in the middle of the sandwich here.

Deep down, Newcastle fans know they are in a difficult situation because at the moment the man who owns the club doesn't really want it; he has said that publicly. Ashley wants to sell , but also wants to make money and in the current financial climate that will be difficult. Newcastle are in a bit of a corner at the moment, but one thing the fans will do is support the team. The current situation is not the fault of the players, and they will be supported from the stands providing that they give the effort required when you wear that famous shirt. However, Newcastle fans are never going to get behind the current regime, because they have seen too much evidence of things they don't like.

Not an interview though.

Not an interview though.

;):D

Not an interview though.

;):D

Not an interview though.

;)

KK has been reading my posts on here .....

few more results like yesterday.....

The bigger picture is, of course, nobody can put a good team together to challenge the big boys [assuming we aren't one of the big boys depending on your point of view] with no money.

So to that degree, we don't really know how good a manager Hughton is, and neither will we discover how good Pardew is. Working with a tight budget is difficult, but its an altogether a different ball game again when you are handed big money and the pressure to succeed that comes with it, added to a crowd who think you ought to have the best for peanuts which simply doesn't attract the top people both on the playing side and the managerial side anyway.

Unless the club is taken over in the New Year, or sometime soon.

Edited by LeazesMag

The bigger picture is, of course, nobody can put a good team together to challenge the big boys with no money.

So to that degree, we don't really know how good a manager Hughton is, and neither will we discover how good Pardew is. Working with a tight budget is difficult, but its an altogether a different ball game again when you are handed big money and the pressure to succeed that comes with it, added to a crowd who think you ought to have the best for peanuts which simply doesn't attract the top people both on the playing side and the managerial side anyway.

I feel for whoever sits next to you at the match.

If you're anything like you are on here you must pipe up at every throw in "this throw in makes no odds if the chairman won't back the manager"

;)