Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking at this sensibly, lets not dwell too much on how poor we think Pardew is as a manager because it could have been so so much worse.

What about the managers they could have appointed.

Roy Keane anyone? how about the ex Hull manager and mackem lover Phil Brown or maybe Ian Dowie or Billy Davies? Tony Pulis might have fancied a crack or even Mick McCarthy. Then there is Gordon Strachan who was available!

Looking at the appointment of Pardew from this perspective, it doesn't look too bad now compared to what might have been does it?

Who's comparing him to them though? We're comparing him to Hughton and the job he was overperforming in to start with.

Having cooled off after the initial shock, (something not many seem to have done yet), the latent love for Hughton as a footballing manager is bizzare.

Even when we were doing well last season, most on here (probably except over optimistic me) thought he wasnt good enough for the prem. People should go and read what they were posting 6 months ago! (and they call me contrary).

The lack so far of any comments about missing Hughtons footballing managerial qualities is pretty telling. I also dont buy the line that he was a rotweiller behind the scenes.

Bazillian Bob is right to a degree, it could have been a lot worse and as Ive said before, had the replacement being so called "top drawer" there wouldnt be half the fuss there is now.

With regard to Pardew his record is extremely average but the one good thing he feels he is a wronged man out to prove a point and that can be quite a motivator.

He also has a contract that seems to have an awful lot of get out clauses in it so there is no big pay day for failure.

We'll see how he does.

In other news, Baileys have reported a peak in sales in South Shields this week.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
What a total crock of PR shit that was yesterday. All that shite about if he needs to strengthen he'll be onto Ashley and Llambias hassling them. Give us a fucking break man. I'd rather they were honest than patronising, I might have a teeny, tiny, pea size bit of respect for them. No fucking more though.

Astonished people like Parky were suckered in to the "came across well/said the right stuff" bollocks. He's been rehearsing this for ages man.

Right that's it!! You can bring yer own fukin Volvic next time!1 :razz:

Parky it's difficult to gauge what people are like as people in person on here, but I'm convinced your are a very nice lad. However, this week you've chosen a bad time to wind people up.

I can't resist slipping the odd one in. Sorry. :razz:

Well see Meenzer about that. Luckily you won't be at SJP tomorrow, there'll be a lot of angry faces and not just cos giro's haven't turned up cos of the Merseyside postal strike. You shouldn't let NUFC get to you but I've really fallen out of love with them this week.

How many days you over for in March?

Two days. Me mates stag do. Hamburg are playing Cologne on the Saturday so we're gonna try and get to see that too. Been wanting to go to a Bundesliga game for ages. Heard the Rieperbahn's like the Quayside but ten times better.

What a total crock of PR shit that was yesterday. All that shite about if he needs to strengthen he'll be onto Ashley and Llambias hassling them. Give us a fucking break man. I'd rather they were honest than patronising, I might have a teeny, tiny, pea size bit of respect for them. No fucking more though.

Astonished people like Parky were suckered in to the "came across well/said the right stuff" bollocks. He's been rehearsing this for ages man.

Parky it's difficult to gauge what people are like as people in person on here, but I'm convinced your are a very nice lad. However, this week you've chosen a bad time to wind people up.

I can't resist slipping the odd one in. Sorry. :D

Well see Meenzer about that. Luckily you won't be at SJP tomorrow, there'll be a lot of angry faces and not just cos giro's haven't turned up cos of the Merseyside postal strike. You shouldn't let NUFC get to you but I've really fallen out of love with them this week.

Two days. Me mates stag do. Hamburg are playing Cologne on the Saturday so we're gonna try and get to see that too. Been wanting to go to a Bundesliga game for ages. Heard the Rieperbahn's like the Quayside but ten times better.

Well give me a bell for the eve sortie I'll pm the no later. It's better to end up at the RB not start there. :razz: I like the Hsv stadium, bloke comes round with a keg and fills up your beer. :D

Edited by Park Life

Apparently Hayden Mullins has been bigging up Pardew. Wow, what a fucking endoresment. I wonder why the journeyman who got picked ahead of Mascherano would be so quick to big him up? Any quotes from Tevez about Pardew?

Aye 5 minute interview on Talksport arselicking him. I'm struggling to think of a time where two more gifted players were used less frequently than two utterly shite players as Harewood and Mullins, you could even throw Reo Coker in.

Well give me a bell for the eve sortie I'll pm the no later. It's better to end up at the RB not start there. :razz: I like the Hsv stadium, bloke comes round with a keg and fills up your beer. :D

DURING THE GAME?

A wee ditty (cos Im bored on my lunch )

"You might have raked Fletchers

you might have raked Fonte's

you might like to come in pissed

after having your wicked way

But just try Andy Carroll's

and this is what we'll see

Par-dew's jaw on top of a Christmas Tree!"

1. Pardew alledged to have had an affair with Carl Fletcher wife

2. Pardew alledged to have had an affair with Jose Fonte's wife

3. Pardew alledged to have came into training pissed

4. After saying "raped a player" on MOTD it was said viewers had miss heard him saying the player had been "raked"

Some real heavy hitters lining up to sing his praises like....

Matt Holland (Charlton 2003-09)

"He is a strong character and I believe that he will be able to deal with the pressure. I enjoyed working under him. He might not necessarily be the choice of the Geordie fans. But I would say give him a chance.

"Alan is definitely a character and there is no doubt that he will ruffle a few feathers. He is a very good man-manager. He is very confident. He will be able to deal with the big-name players at Newcastle United. I don't think that will be a problem. The players will react to him and like him and he is someone that they will listen to."

Hayden Mullins (West Ham 2003-09)

"It's a very good appointment. He's a good motivator; he knows the game inside out. He's very thorough leading up to games and does a lot on team shape. He will go up there and try to involve everyone in the squad. I'm sure he'll get them playing well.

"West Ham's FA Cup run was down a lot to the manager. We got into the play-offs in the Championship the year before; we went up into the Premiership and he bought some very good players. Players that are still there and players that have gone on to bigger clubs. He's very good like that, he strengthened the squad wisely and he was a massive part of that.

Shaka Hislop (West Ham 2005-06)

"When we won through to the FA Cup final after beating Boro, Pardew went into this ridiculous dance of joy. He is that kind of guy, quite extrovert. You can have fun with him. The lads all saw the dance and we had a good laugh at his expense.

"Despite what people say about him being arrogant and cocky, you could have proper banter with him and he would take it on the chin. He could be a manager and one of the lads when needed. You have to be quite confident, cocky even, when dealing with a dressing room full of young men with equally huge egos. It is not a problem as long as he can get his feelings and ideas across. You need that kind of Jose Mourinho-style edge to stay in control."

Luke Varney (Charlton 2007-09)

"Andy Carroll's problems off the pitch are well documented, but I definitely think Alan is the man to keep him fully focused on football. He isn't a ranter and raver by any stretch of the imagination, but his man-management skills are superb.

"He understands players and he understands what players go through. It's great for a player to have someone like Alan around because you have someone who'll listen and talk to you. I see no problem with him dealing with the big personalities at Newcastle."

Danny Mills (Charlton 2007)

"There aren't many individuals who make good coaches and good managers but Alan is certainly one of them. He is very much an all-rounder and I haven't worked with much better. I thoroughly enjoyed playing under Alan on loan because his man-management was good, he was tactically very aware and his coaching was decent.

"He was good with the collective but also very good when it came to dealing with us as individuals. He took a risk on me because my reputation preceded me and things worked out really well. I know the Newcastle players will be in shock over Chris Hughton's sacking but they will enjoy working for Alan. He's a strong, honest character and just needs to be given time to implement his own ideas."

DURING THE GAME?

Depends where you sitting like (Mrs P's dad's a member) but yeah. Sausages and rolls are passed down the isle. It's like paradise really. :D Jol was still in charge last time I went, looks fatter and more moody in real life. He would have done a job here I have no doubts. St Pauli is a better atmosphere mind.

Edited by Park Life

Having cooled off after the initial shock, (something not many seem to have done yet), the latent love for Hughton as a footballing manager is bizzare.

Even when we were doing well last season, most on here (probably except over optimistic me) thought he wasnt good enough for the prem. People should go and read what they were posting 6 months ago! (and they call me contrary).

People (including me) accepted they had been proven wrong. You bizarrely appear to have decided you were wrong to back him when previously your posts related to him being the man to keep us safe. He gets us to 11th recording some record wins on the way and you change your view. You truly are a bizarre individual.

Bazillian Bob is right to a degree, it could have been a lot worse and as Ive said before, had the replacement being so called "top drawer" there wouldnt be half the fuss there is now.

Of course there wouldnt, putting in a proven Premiership manager would have given a statement of intent that was at least positive. We can all think Hughton was doing a great job but hes still not proven in a full Premiership season, replacing him with someone who has exceeded at that level would be shitty on Chris but fair enough for the club. Pardew on the other hand has already proven he has not got what it takes for the Prem. 2 Clubs, 2 relegations.

With regard to Pardew his record is extremely average but the one good thing he feels he is a wronged man out to prove a point and that can be quite a motivator.

On that logic, lets replace the nanny Mary Poppins with Ian Huntley.

He also has a contract that seems to have an awful lot of get out clauses in it so there is no big pay day for failure.

I must have missed that breakdown because as far as I can see he will be paid 4 x £450k when hes sacked next year for not getting us back out of the Championship.

We'll see how he does.

Unfortunately we will.

Apparently Hayden Mullins has been bigging up Pardew. Wow, what a fucking endoresment. I wonder why the journeyman who got picked ahead of Mascherano would be so quick to big him up? Any quotes from Tevez about Pardew?

Aye 5 minute interview on Talksport arselicking him. I'm struggling to think of a time where two more gifted players were used less frequently than two utterly shite players as Harewood and Mullins, you could even throw Reo Coker in.

To be fair, Tevez and Mascherano were shite the day we played them under Pardew.

Was a while back now but i do remember 'where's your argies gone' being sung after they were both substituted. Tevez at half time then Mascherno for Benyoun early in the second. The day Harewood, who came on for Tevez, put Given in hospital.

Honestly CT your desire to be contrary is laughable.

Others have said it better than I, but God you're annoying whenever shit like this happens. Trying to take the moral high ground because we're more angered and aggrieved than you are.

People (including me) accepted they had been proven wrong. You bizarrely appear to have decided you were wrong to back him when previously your posts related to him being the man to keep us safe. He gets us to 11th recording some record wins on the way and you change your view. You truly are a bizarre individual.

Of course there wouldnt, putting in a proven Premiership manager would have given a statement of intent that was at least positive. We can all think Hughton was doing a great job but hes still not proven in a full Premiership season, replacing him with someone who has exceeded at that level would be shitty on Chris but fair enough for the club. Pardew on the other hand has already proven he has not got what it takes for the Prem. 2 Clubs, 2 relegations.

On that logic, lets replace the nanny Mary Poppins with Ian Huntley.

I must have missed that breakdown because as far as I can see he will be paid 4 x £450k when hes sacked next year for not getting us back out of the Championship.

We'll see how he does.

Unfortunately we will.

And still in all of that no talk about Hughtons football managing abilities / strengths.

To be fair, Tevez and Mascherano were shite the day we played them under Pardew.

Was a while back now but i do remember 'where's your argies gone' being sung after they were both substituted. Tevez at half time then Mascherno for Benyoun early in the second. The day Harewood, who came on for Tevez, put Given in hospital.

If I recall from press reports did he not leave Teves and the other guy out because they were brought in without his knowledge ala KK / Xisco?

Honestly CT your desire to be contrary is laughable.

Others have said it better than I, but God you're annoying whenever shit like this happens. Trying to take the moral high ground because we're more angered and aggrieved than you are.

As always Fish, another great footballing contribution. :razz:

If I recall from press reports did he not leave Teves and the other guy out because they were brought in without his knowledge ala KK / Xisco?

Your footballing knowledge summed up right there tbh :razz:

And still in all of that no talk about Hughtons football managing abilities / strengths.

Newcastle 6 Aston Villa 0

Newcastle 5 Sunderland 1

Arsenal 0 Newcastle 1

Chelsea 3 Newcastle 4

Newcaslte 1 Chelsea 1

Everton 0 Newcastle 1

Theres enough in that lot to show hes got us in the right frame of mind and can work with the team. Yes we had some poor results elsewhere but I repeat again, show me anything to say Pardew will do better than Hughton has.

Your footballing knowledge summed up right there tbh :razz:

We dont all play football manager :razz:

Newcastle 6 Aston Villa 0

Newcastle 5 Sunderland 1

Arsenal 0 Newcastle 1

Chelsea 3 Newcastle 4

Newcaslte 1 Chelsea 1

Everton 0 Newcastle 1

Theres enough in that lot to show hes got us in the right frame of mind and can work with the team. Yes we had some poor results elsewhere but I repeat again, show me anything to say Pardew will do better than Hughton has.

CH was also unlucky that Bafra got knacked, cause he would have opened up some of the visitors who just came and sat at SJP.