The Twitter Thread

peasepud

Apparently they're doing it in NI because the IFA will fast track experienced pros to the B badge, whereas the FA require them to complete the C badge first.

I've got the C badge ffs :lol:

It's not exactly elite level stuff

Ahhh fair enough, i was kinda wondering how they were going through those badges so quick, basically getting there B & A during a two week course, you'd think there would be a bit more to it than that like.

Only a matter of time though before Barton is complaining about the poor standard of English coaches despite him not bothering to take the full course.

How long does the c badge take ?

they've done the b & a one after the other in a two week period like

A weeks training, few months away getting practice in, then another weeks training iirc. It was in 2004

Edited by TheRollingStones

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don't know how people stick using twitter for debating/chatting on certain topics, character limits are bad enough but the amount of spam-esq accounts/groups just retweeting the same shite is unreal.

either it's just an account with a bunch of people who follow it because they'll follow anything, and they just retweet anything from the #nufc tag

or

it's just an account with a bunch of people who follow it because they'll follow anything from the #nufc tag and it has a horrible looking advert laden site/blog to go along with it and try make some money from adverts/clicks etc.

Example : https://twitter.com/NUFCFansForum this one popped up today, now i'm not saying it's a bad account or they're trying/will try to spam a site, but i really don't understand why people will "follow it" or reply to tweets like.

NUFC Fans Forum ‏@NUFCFansForum

Who would you prefer #NUFC to sign to lead the line, Bony, Bent or Aubayemang? Is there anyone else we should look at? #NUFC

Why would you not just reply to something already in the hashtag? is that not the point of twitter, i'm not a massive user like but i assumed the point of hashtags are they're associated with relevent topics like #nufc #transfers "talk about some rumour"

(i'm not having a go at that above account btw i truely just don't see why i'd bother following it, or for people who follow more than one account like it, surely their twitter feed is unreadable)

Hashtags should only ever be used as a starting point. You use them to find people you like on a topic. Those people should be added to a list...and once you have a good sized list, then you just open that fenced in group of sensible heads, not the entire loony bin.

People in your list will retweet others who you can add...but they'll tend to be people that you know you like recommending people you thionk you will like.

I still occasionally look at the #NUFC hashtag.....but only to see what the loons are up to.

I don't doubt it may be useful at times but it really doesn't seem worth the effort from what I've seen and usually comes across as gibberish.

As an aside, you know the news is being dumbed down when you hear '......such and such tweeted......' :lol: Fuck off, man!

I don't doubt it may be useful at times but it really doesn't seem worth the effort from what I've seen and usually comes across as gibberish.

As an aside, you know the news is being dumbed down when you hear '......such and such tweeted......' :lol: Fuck off, man!

The beauty of it is how you can tailor it to be exactly what you want. I have a dozen Twitter lists that I follow in Flipboard, pushing longer articles to Pocket, promoting frequently good writers to an RSS feed on Feedly.

In the week or 2 since the NSA revelations, thanks to Twitter, I have started to follow the tweets & writing of a dozen people clued up on the shit that is going down....Shane Harris, Thomas Drake, Ron Wyden, David Simon, Janine Gibson, Eli Lake, Ewan Macaskill, Spencer Ackerman, emptywheel, etc.

I use it as a news referral site mainly.....the commentary these writers put on Twitter is more of an aside to their in depth writing...or the writing they link to.

Others just have everyone in a timeline they follow directly on twitter...Huw Edwards alongside Anal Cathword...works for them, just having something to read while taking a shit I guess.

The beauty of it is how you can tailor it to be exactly what you want. I have a dozen Twitter lists that I follow in Flipboard, pushing longer articles to Pocket, promoting frequently good writers to an RSS feed on Feedly.

In the week or 2 since the NSA revelations, thanks to Twitter, I have started to follow the tweets & writing of a dozen people clued up on the shit that is going down....Shane Harris, Thomas Drake, Ron Wyden, David Simon, Janine Gibson, Eli Lake, Ewan Macaskill, Spencer Ackerman, emptywheel, etc.

I use it as a news referral site mainly.....the commentary these writers put on Twitter is more of an aside to their in depth writing...or the writing they link to.

Others just have everyone in a timeline they follow directly on twitter...Huw Edwards alongside Anal Cathword...works for them, just having something to read while taking a shit I guess.

That's fair enough and it's obviously useful to you. As long as you filter the the stuff and pass it on here I'll make do with that for now. ;)

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 9m
CONTACT: We understand that William Vainqueur is in contact with Newcastle. #NUFC
Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m
Re: Vainqueur. Versatile midfielder playing down the middle. Newcastle have been in contact in January. Currently free agent.
Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m
Re: Vainqueur. Player terminated his contract with Standard officially yesterday.

Quick question to twitter users. How many tweets do you get/read a day?

I follow 683 people. So my timeline would have thousands of tweets daily.

I hardly read 1% of them I would guess.

I have a "Best of Twiter" list, which has 8 people on i think. I read everything from the people on that list. Less than 50 tweets a day on there I would guess.

I have a friends list which I probably read everything on too. People i actually know in real life. There's a few dozen of them, but the majority of them don't tweet much anyway....or like me, 1 or 2 a day tops.

Football, music, films and news make up the vast majority of people I follow and I just dip in and out of those as and when. I just read the most recent tweets in each once I've gone through the above, if I have time.

If I'm really desperate, then I'll look at my Toontastic list last ;)