Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

Not sure whats going on with Shane at the moment. He's obviously broke the first team squad given all his substitute appearances of late, however he doesnt seem to play for the reserves any more where as someone like Albeid does.

Would have thought for a young lad only making the bench, competitive matches would be a plus????

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he's not getting used as a sub is he?

He could quite easily be the next Lua Lua for all we know.

Next Alan o'brien or Matty pattison

There are shit loads of these kids who flirt around the first team while they're scrutinised and most get moved on we all know that, don't see Shane being anything more tbh

Just watched it CT. He's got a very thick Northern Irish accent.

Duncan French the fitness coach says that he's on a specific individual program to bulk him up - "to develop a body that can compete in the Premier League".

At the moment he looks like someone's kid brother, which is partly why he doesn't get many games. Pardew's orders. Too scrawny.

woah woah woah he's got a very thick Derry accent, let's not lump us all in with that lot.

i'd never speak if i sounded like the derry lot

*cringe*

Shane and her have the same spindly legs as well ;)

Edited by alex

Bastards!!!!!!

Shanes done an interview from Tenerife but its only available to NUFC TV subscribers :(

http://www.nufc.co.u..._medium=twitter

I must say I find it a bit odd how you seem to be anti-Ben Arfa whilst having a hard on for this kid.

In not anti Ben Arfa at all :lol:

With regard to Shane I think some of you are missing the point. My query is simply why they consider him good enough to be a sub and part of the first team squad, but have stopped using him in the reserves. I would have thought it would be in the clubs interest, particulalry as he is now a regular sub, to stay match fit.

Albeid fits into the same category yet he is being used in the reserves as well.

Its the logic of this situation I dont really get, not whether Shane will come good or not.

Reserves are generally just the bairns / people regaining fitness though. Been that way for a few years now. So it's probably actually a good sign re: Shane and his chances. Abeid seems lower down the pecking order atm so that would fit in too.

CT what is it with you and getting players names wrong?

Probably not seeing them constantly on Football manager and the like :razz:

aye its great not knowing the names of the players of your own club

youre proper cool

Perhaps they don't rate him? Or feel he's ready?

They must rate him or he wouldn't be getting used as a sub or in Tenerife when a lot of the younger lads arnt.

Just seems a bit odd.

Does anyone really care? I'm sure there's either something wrong with him or the management. Maybe Pardew doesn't want him to play for the reserves?

• 3 weeks later...

Ferguson Pleased To Play

0,,10278~10482130,00.jpg

Shane Ferguson was pleased to get some more minutes under his belt on Saturday, even if it didn't come in ideal circumstances for Newcastle.

With the Magpies already 4-0 down to Tottenham at half-time, Alan Pardew brought the Northern Irish youngster on for Gabriel Obertan.

It was only his second league appearance of the season following an 89th minute run-out against Norwich in December, and his display was one of the few positives to take from a match which eventually finished 5-0 to the irresistible Spurs.

And the little left-footer, who has also played against Nottingham Forest and Brighton in cup competitions, hopes that he did enough to impress Pardew going into the final 13 games of the campaign.

"He just wanted me to come on and work hard and keep the shape, really, but hopefully I have done enough," said the 20-year-old, who made seven Barclays Premier League appearances last term.

"It was just good to get on the pitch again and show everyone what I can do.

"Hopefully now I can just keep working hard in training and give the manager a headache."

Speaking to nufcTV, Academy product Ferguson added: "It was good to get more minutes under my belt, but it was a disappointing result and the lads are gutted.

"We just have to hopefully bounce back in a couple of weeks time against Wolves.

"All the lads are disappointed because we've been doing fantastically all season, and it just shows how far we've come.

"Obviously, it's going to hurt after that but we all know it's about how well we bounce back in the next match against Wolves, and hopefully we can do the job there."

I thought of CT when "shane" put a cross in. It was a canny cross right onto the 6 yard line late on, but only Demba was in the box, he was in space but he was nowhere near it. CT would have been spunking over a canny ball into the danger zone like that. On the other hand, if Guttierez had done it, and not looked up to pick out Demba with pinpoint accuracy then he would have been raging about what a crock of shit he is.

I thought of CT when "shane" put a cross in. It was a canny cross right onto the 6 yard line late on, but only Demba was in the box, he was in space but he was nowhere near it. CT would have been spunking over a canny ball into the danger zone like that. On the other hand, if Guttierez had done it, and not looked up to pick out Demba with pinpoint accuracy then he would have been raging about what a crock of shit he is.

Thing with what Ive seen of Shane (which of course is limited) but he seems to be totally single minded on getting the ball into the danger area whether that is a first time cross or a sprint to the bye line and cross. Almost an old fashioned type winger and I say that knowing the club have said they dont really see him as a winger.