Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

Its funny how some people seem to have this disdain or whatever for Ferguson but are equally happy to froth away about Sameobi or Vuckic both of who are on or around the same level.

Based on one mazy dribble against Stoke? :lol: Sameobi and Vuckic are both on the verges of the first team, Shane™ has barely made a mark yet!

Here's the thing though, Shane™ beats three Stoke Players and spoons it into the keepers' arms; he's our brightest prospect and will be a mainstay for years to come. Ben Arfa beats half the Blackburn team and scores a wondergoal yet you slate him!

misc-jackie-chan-l.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf, Ferguson's shown a bit of potential, just like the two mentioned. Sammy looked to have jumped ahead of him in the queue. But people on here aren't waxing lyrical about them in the way CT does about 'Shane' so I'm not sure what his point is there.

Its funny how some people seem to have this disdain or whatever for Ferguson but are equally happy to froth away about Sameobi or Vuckic both of who are on or around the same level.

Based on one mazy dribble against Stoke? :lol:Sameobi and Vuckic are both on the verges of the first team, Shane™ has barely made a mark yet!

:lol: Hate to bring facts into it but Sammi made 1 league sub appearance last year, Vuckic 0 and Ferguson 7.

This season Vuckic has made two starts and Sammy and Shane one apiece.

Doesnt really square with your view of things.

Tbf, Ferguson's shown a bit of potential, just like the two mentioned. Sammy looked to have jumped ahead of him in the queue. But people on here aren't waxing lyrical about them in the way CT does about 'Shane' so I'm not sure what his point is there.

Sammy only got ahead of Shane because Shane got injured pre season in America.

People do wax lyrical about Sammy. Some were even suggesting he start every game back in September.

I have explained how my exuberance for seeing Shane given a run is tied in with his potential and my views on Jonas.

People go on and on about our lack of cover in defence but for me our lack of creativity on the wings is the biggest problem we have. The spotlight will only intensify over coming games as we now have quality up front waiting for crosses.

I'd like to see Pardew stick him in at left back and move Santon to right back.

Aye, I said similar the other day. More to do with my feelings on Simpson though much else like :lol:

Based on one mazy dribble against Stoke? :lol:Sameobi and Vuckic are both on the verges of the first team, Shane™ has barely made a mark yet!

:lol: Hate to bring facts into it but Sammi made 1 league sub appearance last year, Vuckic 0 and Ferguson 7.

:lol:

Let's be honest here, you're backed into Shane™'s corner and that's fine but he hasn't reproduced the Stoke magic this season.

I have no idea if he'll come good, none at all. Never seen him play reserve football so I can't say what his chances of a NUFC career are, but I'm not basing everything on one fucking run that didn't amount to anything! If anything, it means he's a winger with fuck all end product. ;) Would love it if he can grow into a first team place and not be the next promising youngster who turned out to be shit but we can't say either way what'll happen.

Your stat argument is cute btw.

youve changed stats half way through

THIS season, "shane" has made 2 sub appearances only, Sammy Ameobi has made 1 start and 9 sub appearances and Vuckic has made 2 starts and 2 sub appearances and is now on loan a a good CCC side

youve changed stats half way through

THIS season, "shane" has made 2 sub appearances only, Sammy Ameobi has made 1 start and 9 sub appearances and Vuckic has made 2 starts and 2 sub appearances and is now on loan a a good CCC side

Don't let stats get in the way of a pro Shane™ stat argument.

How would that that support your argument that given a chance "shane" will shine? If he's had more chances than any of his contemporaries? :confused:

Hate to bring facts into it but Sammi made 1 league sub appearance last year, Vuckic 0 and Ferguson 7.

How would that that support your argument that given a chance "shane" will shine? If he's had more chances than any of his contemporaries?

It doesn't, it disputes Brocks assertion that Vuckic and Sammy are way ahead of him.

The fact that SF is usually quite focussed on getting the ball into the box combined with the duo we now have there waiting is why I think he'll do well.

It's also not an argument just my opinion.

We all have youngsters we like the look of and hope they get a shot. Some will prefer Sammy, some Vuckic, some Ranger. I just prefer to see him get a go ahead of the others.

We are crying out for some service from the wings and he might just deliver.

Hate to bring facts into it but Sammi made 1 league sub appearance last year, Vuckic 0 and Ferguson 7.

How would that that support your argument that given a chance "shane" will shine? If he's had more chances than any of his contemporaries?

It doesn't, it disputes Brocks assertion that Vuckic and Sammy are way ahead of him.

Don't see how.

"Shane" is a year older than both Ameobi and Vuckic, he broke into the first team before them simply by virtue of that fact, but his injury set him back. Ameobi and Vuckic have started making the same kind of first team appearances at the same time in their development (aged 19).

I've got little hope for any of them to be brutally honest.

They don't need to be as impressive as Oxlade-Chamberlain (he's a year or 2 younger than all 3) or Aaron Ramsay when he was setting the world alight at 18, but they're nowhere close.