Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

Whats the thought from everyone after his appearance yesterday?

Think 352 was a hard one for him to come in to, but his attacking play was pretty good even though some of his crosses were a little off yesterday.

Had out two best efforts at goal (i think) with that volley from near the bye line that the goally palmed away and that amazing run from the corner flag. Wish that had gone in.

Still think he looks better as a winger than a left back.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he looked like a scared little boy everytime he got the ball going forward. That one run was the singlemost positive thing he done all game and he should of passed.

Thought he was shite. But he's just a kid.

Edit: That volley was an attempted cross.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

I thought he looked like a scared little boy everytime he got the ball going forward. That one run was the singlemost positive thing he done all game and he should of passed.

Thought he was shite. But he's just a kid.

Edit: That volley was an attempted cross.

Bit harsh. He had a volley saved on the line. His passing rate was 80% (better than Tiotes) and his tackling ratio was 100%.

Guest Your Name Here
Whats the thought from everyone after his appearance yesterday?

Think 352 was a hard one for him to come in to, but his attacking play was pretty good even though some of his crosses were a little off yesterday.

Had out two best efforts at goal (i think) with that volley from near the bye line that the goally palmed away and that amazing run from the corner flag. Wish that had gone in.

Still think he looks better as a winger than a left back.

He’s not a left back.

The drag back at the start of his ‘amazing’ run was enough for me. That kind of awareness/creativity can’t be taught. Whether we should throw him in under the current circumstances is debatable, but I’d like to see him get a chance at left wing.

Bit harsh. He had a volley saved on the line. His passing rate was 80% (better than Tiotes) and his tackling ratio was 100%

The relationship between tackling success rate and overall good defending is questionable.

He was out of position for the first goal. And opposition players ran straight by him a few times far too easily.

In saying that, you have a point in that he does look promising, at least going forward. His play near the byline for the goal scoring opportunity was good and he was well within his rights to take the shot on once he got into the box. Just unfortunate it was on his weaker foot.

• 2 weeks later...
[You]

well done against wolves lad

[shane Ferguson]

thank yu

:icon_lol:

I hope he chooses ROI over NI aswell. I think he will.

How come you don't support Norn Iron?

Because he's Irish :lol:

Because I'm not Northern Irish. And they're shite. And I've always supported ROI. And I'm Irish. Not British. Norn Iron is a UK club. I'm Irish.

• 2 weeks later...
Teenager Shane Ferguson has won the club's Carling Player of the Month award for March after gaining more than half of the public vote for his displays against Everton and Stoke.

In what was a disappointing month for the team, Ferguson shone as he came from the bench in each game, which both ended in defeat.

And the Northern Ireland under-21 international, who also impressed from the start against Wolves this month, will be presented with the award before Tuesday night's home game against Manchester United.

Laugable.

Not that I don't think Ferguson shows promise but at the moment that is all it is. Two matches off the bench, he shouldn't even be eligible.

Shows the average supporter of our club is just as stupid as the average member of the public.

Fickle, short-sighted, easily manipulated bunch of morons. Just like everyone else.

I hate to think how the antics of Ashley & Co are viewed by the vast majority of idiots. #shudders#

• 1 month later...

Another good performance from young Shane yesterday. Didnt look out of place and looked after the ball well under pressure.

At one point he tackled one of their defenders who was in a heap on the floor. The camera then zoomed in on Shane looking about 9 :lol:

The defender must have also glimpsed who had brought him down as he seemed to suddenly leap up pretty damn quickly no doubt full of shame at being floored by Mr Muscles son.

Shane Ferguson eyes dream end to season

TOON starlet Shane Ferguson has declared himself fit and ready to bid farewell to a “dream season” in Sunday’s Premier League match against West Brom.

The talented left-sided player limped off early at Chelsea after taking a knock on the ankle, but says he is “good to go” when the Baggies come to St James’ Park for the final game of the season.

Derry-born Ferguson has been a real discovery for Newcastle after graduating through the Academy and reserve ranks, and is certain to begin next season as an important squad player, having proved he can cut it in the top flight.

Now he aims to bow out in style and he told the Chronicle today: “Thankfully I should be fit for the West Brom game and it will be good to see the season out with another game and a win.

“I had a little knock, so I came off, but it should be OK for the weekend.”

Ferguson began the season in the reserves under Chris Hughton and initially was only called up as part of United’s experimental line-ups in the Carling Cup.

However, Alan Pardew has been keen to test the one-time Northern Ireland international in the fierce world of the Premier League, and Fergie’s verdict on life at the top is simple.

He said: “I loved every minute of it.

“I love playing at stadiums like Stamford Bridge – it’s a dream come true, really.

“If you’d asked me at the start of the season if I’d be where I am now, I’d never have dreamt it. It’s just brilliant.”

The Magpies can still finish as high as eighth in the Premier League if results go their way and they see off West Brom.

Ferguson feels it has been a season of solid progress. He added: “All credit to the lads – they’ve been unbelievable all season.

“They’ve stuck together, and done really well.”

Confidence within the Toon squad is still brimming after Sunday’s 2-2 draw with recently-dethroned champions Chelsea.

Ferguson reflected: “Everyone was up for it in the changing room before the match.

“We stuck together and did really well – it was a great performance.

“The lads were disappointed to go behind (to Alex’s goal), as we had worked so hard to get where we were in the match.

“Everyone was down, but Joey Barton and the other experienced lads kept the team going, and when Tayls got that goal it was brilliant.”