Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of CT when "shane" put a cross in.  It was a canny cross right onto the 6 yard line late on, but only Demba was in the box, he was in space but he was nowhere near it.  CT would have been spunking over a canny ball into the danger zone like that.  On the other hand, if Guttierez had done it, and not looked up to pick out Demba with pinpoint accuracy then he would have been raging about what a crock of shit he is.

:lol: Aye.

Anyone else not give a toss about Ferguson, or is it just me?

I know, you keep telling us.... :lol:

http://www.toontasti...ost__p__1037777

I've said it twice. And the comment's aimed at YOU, donut head.

Seriously, have you even seen him play for the reserves (I haven't obviously)? Did he do something before he joined the toon? Do you know him personally? Because YOU have brought him up on here several times iirc and he's done fuck all for us, or am I missing something? He's a fringe player, possibly has potential, but Pardew doesn't rate him enough yet to give him a regular game (I'm not even sure he's made the bench that much when fit but I could be wrong on that). Yet you've got a great big stiffy on for him.

He's plainly a work in progress and got a lot of developing to do. I don't get what your enthusiasm is based on, or is it because he's not Jonas?

Not sure what's too weird. We all have players or positions that excite us in the game.

I have always liked a good winger as we have had some good uns over the years and these are the guys who load the bullets for the strikers, who get the goals.

Add this to my general unhappiness with Jonas over the years and its pretty easy to see how you get excited when you see a young player like Shane show the potential like he did against the likes of Chelsea in the cup or against West Ham or Stoke.

He reminds me of an old fashioned type of left winger who is solely focussed on getting the ball into the box.

I think it was the start of last season when he broke into the first team and made around 9 appearances in total, either starting or as a sub. These appearances drew comments such as ......

Henry Winter "When Ferguson, Newcastle’s excellent young left-back, lifted in a 26th-minute cross, Chelsea’s defence froze.

Chris Hughton "Shane Ferguson floats between left-back and left-wing.’’ And shone."

Peter Beardsley "The emergence of Shane Ferguson has been one of the big pluses so far this season"".

So regardless of what I think, others who know a lot more think we have a very exciting prospect on our hands.

Pardew obviously sees him as a good prospect given his inclusion in the USA tour (where he was injured) and his subsequent inclusion as a first team sub.

Of course there is a big difference between potential and achievement but I dont think he has ever let us down when he has played and instead has looked to be a jinky winger, happy to get stuck in and with an eye for getting the ball into the box.

The defence rests :)

He's the next Liam O'Brien so far.

More like the next Stephen Glass. I'm sure he drew the odd flattering comment too when he was breaking into the first team........

matty pattison too

we've a long line of these guys, dont see "shane" showing anything to separate himself tbh

:lol: I'm fairly sure Paul Huntington got similarly glowing quotes said about him, now where is he? Yeovil Town. Lad's a fringe player, Jonas starts over him and rightly so. He really needs to add bulk to his frame to play at a higher level, he's short but if you look at lads like SWP and Routledge they have a bit of muscle to them Ferguson has nowt on him.

He's pretty skillful tbf.

Agreed from the very small amount I've seen of him but he still needs to bulk up a bit or he'll just get bullied by more physical players.

Put him on the Maradona diet.

:lol: Coke and water