Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

This was the last good post & it was missed.

Godwin's Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of someone invoking Godwin's Law in response to a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler as if it's still 1997 approaches

It's not support. It's a sense of fair play, looking for the good, trying to see the benefit, giving folk a chance. Looking for positives.

That's just my personality most of the time.

Why jump all over Mick Hartford as a scout?

If Kinnear can bring anything to link up between Club and Ashley then great. If it makes Pardew try harder then great. If he sees things at training that Llambias wouldn't have had a clue about then great.

Of course I would prefer a better owner, DOF, manager, players etc, but I try to look at what is actual rather than just having the "nothing's gonna change while Ashleys here" cover all viewpoint.

I'm quite pleased that Ashley has footballing eyes and ears on the ground and hope Pardew isn't as protected this season.

All sincere hopes.

Some people simply fail to understand that different people have different outlooks.

I thought Ashley was mint? :panic:

Godwin's Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of someone invoking Godwin's Law in response to a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler as if it's still 1997 approaches

:lol:

Btw I was 8 in 1997. No internets for me back then.

I thought Ashley was mint? :panic:

I still think he put enough in place to make us a successful club without realistically being able to compete with the Man Citys and Chelseas, etc.

All went a bit to slime last year for all the reasons discussed to the ends of the earth.

Obviously a money spunking owner would be preferable but theres still a hell of a lot good about our prospects in the bigger picture.

Without him we'd probably be fucked by now.

If he'd got the right person in as DOF : A proper football man with wide ranging experience a the top of the game and good knowledge of the European game, I would have forgiven a lot of things.

Pard really needs help, 2/3 good coaches would go a long way to changing the panic and fluster we see on the pitch most games.

Our squad is so thin right now I'm surprised we let him or perch go. Our bench today was embarrassingly bad

I agree with you. Both would be decent players to have on the bench / squad.

I don't see Pardew as particularly good at progressing youth so loan deals are probably a blessing for the younger players tbf.

To be fair that's the most useful we've seen Sammy play & he did alright by Ferguson & Santon. Other than that he hasn't had much really.

People go on like he's been starting potential Mario Gotze's at right back or something. Dummet impresses me a lot - especially keeping Jesus Navas quiet after an impresive pre season & I like the look of Cambpell but a lot of youth players have failed themselves or just haven't had a chance. He's given Bigi a few chances & whilst sometimes he looks shakey he looks well on his way.

Vuckic looks great but hasn't really had a chance due to injury, Inman came with promise & couldn't deliver it, Ranger was impossible. Nobody has really been crying out 'give me a chance' that hasn't been given one.

Agreed. Real top quality youth pick themselves and we certainly don't have any of that coming through. Except maybe Campbell. Maybe its just hope but he seems more composed and more comfortable than other youth coming through.

Sammie did look pretty good. No end product though and I think that's how he'll stay. Can beat a man, or two or three, then scuff a cross into the first defender. Pretty useless really.

I didn't see Dummett last week. How good was he?

We're turbo shit at developing youth players anyway.

I thought Pardew improved a lot of the fringe players like Perch, Simpson, RTaylor and Gutherie. They were pretty awful before he came.

Of course this is offset by selling routledge and buying obertan.

Edited by Phil

Agreed. Real top quality youth pick themselves and we certainly don't have any of that coming through. Except maybe Campbell. Maybe its just hope but he seems more composed and more comfortable than other youth coming through.

Sammie did look pretty good. No end product though and I think that's how he'll stay. Can beat a man, or two or three, then scuff a cross into the first defender. Pretty useless really.

I didn't see Dummett last week. How good was he?

Dummett has looked pretty solid through pre season and I he looked pretty solid against City - even managing to get forward once or twice. For a young player to be that defensively sound is pretty impressive & he looked pretty confident on the ball so he looks 'ready made' to me.

Obviously he'll still have a lot of work to do but I would have no qualms about seeing his name on the team sheet. I don't think Navas got a cross past him.

Dummett has looked pretty solid through pre season and I he looked pretty solid against City - even managing to get forward once or twice. For a young player to be that defensively sound is pretty impressive & he looked pretty confident on the ball so he looks 'ready made' to me.

Obviously he'll still have a lot of work to do but I would have no qualms about seeing his name on the team sheet. I don't think Navas got a cross past him.

Impressive. Hopefully the lad gets a fair few runs in the team.

I thought Pardew improved a lot of the fringe players like Perch, Simpson, RTaylor and Gutherie. They were pretty awful before he came.

Of course this is offset by selling routledge and buying obertan.

Good point re Routledge. Hes never going to be Luis Figo but was playing the best we'd seen from him just as we sold him. Laudrup has got a lot out of him at Swansea too. Obertan couldnt even male our bench yesterday. Tells its own story that like.