Jonás Gutiérrez is shit

Anorthernsoul

It might be my affinity for him after being called 'gutierrez' by the sunday league lads for so long (probably as a back handed insult)

But i really like the bloke - his problem is he blows hot and cold.

I've seen him take on 4 or 5 blokes in a row, cut into the box switch onto his left and deliver a perfect ball right onto the head of carroll (did something similar vs spurs just gone)

but

I've seen him through as a last man, go to receive a ball and then fall over himself and giving away a throw in - and god knows his delivery is anything but reliable.

We definitely need a bit more quality for the 'number 1' slot in the team - but i wouldnt go as far as to call him shite - i couldn't tell you why his crossing is so inconsistent, probably something to do with him favoring his other foot than the one he is forced to hit with while he's played on the left maybe? who knows.

Goes down too easy, wins us a lot of free kicks, can get past his man and go forward, final ball ALWAYS shocking and barely scores. Jonas and Nutshell....thats him in it. I am pretty fed up with him now and as has already been said, roll on Ben Arfa.

Played very well in the first 10 games or so of the season: he did a great job of winning us dangerous free kicks and helped move the ball into the final third. His performance has certainly dropped off of late, but that could be due to fatigue or as someone else noted, the cold weather.

I wouldn't say he's shit -- I'd rather have him on the left with then Lovenkrands.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

When he made his debut against Man Utd at Old Trafford, I thought we'd signed one of the greatest players in our history. Hard to recall a better debutant against such formidable opposition. Sadly he's never lived up to that level, he's inconsistent and for all his build up play is often very good, the key thing you need from a winger is distribution and end product. It's why Beckham was for a while regarded as the best in the world in his position because no one else delivered quality as frequently as him. Jonas doesn't deliver, his crosses are hit and hopes on the occasions he actually gets himself in to a position to get a cross in. He seems a lovely bloke Jonas, he's a very clean player for an Argie, but I'm at the end of my tether with him, particularly the last 2 or 3 months, he doesn't shoot enough as well. We need to replace him I'm afraid.

When he made his debut against Man Utd at Old Trafford, I thought we'd signed one of the greatest players in our history. Hard to recall a better debutant against such formidable opposition. Sadly he's never lived up to that level, he's inconsistent and for all his build up play is often very good, the key thing you need from a winger is distribution and end product. It's why Beckham was for a while regarded as the best in the world in his position because no one else delivered quality as frequently as him. Jonas doesn't deliver, his crosses are hit and hopes on the occasions he actually gets himself in to a position to get a cross in. He seems a lovely bloke Jonas, he's a very clean player for an Argie, but I'm at the end of my tether with him, particularly the last 2 or 3 months, he doesn't shoot enough as well. We need to replace him I'm afraid.

We did, and then he broke his leg....

Aye he's not an out and out winger though and I don't think he was bought as Jonas replacement specifically, we need to find the new Ryan Giggs.

Aye he's not an out and out winger though and I don't think he was bought as Jonas replacement specifically, we need to find the new Ryan Giggs.

A quick Google of 'The New Ryan Giggs' suggests Adam Johnson (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250567/Adam-Johnson-new-Ryan-Giggs-claims-Manchester-City-boss-Roberto-Mancini.html)

Problem solved.

A quick Google of 'The New Ryan Giggs' suggests Adam Johnson (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250567/Adam-Johnson-new-Ryan-Giggs-claims-Manchester-City-boss-Roberto-Mancini.html)

Problem solved.

:icon_lol: Toon fan as well. Can't see Ashley spending £10m on him. When he first came on to the scene at Boro I didn't think he'd be better than Downing but he is, he should have that left midfield berth for England for the next ten years he's that good.

I think Jonas offers a lot - but as the above have said - his delivery is just awful. If he had a good final ball he wouldnt be playing for us anyway. :icon_lol:

He is a good squad member but we do need to look to bring some wingers that can create goals.

Oh and I dont think playing on the left helps him with crossing with his weaker foot.

Edited by Holden McGroin

cough cough........Shane Ferguson :icon_lol:

bollocks. absolute shit. ferguson is 2 years away from being tough enough for the premiership.

bollocks. absolute shit. ferguson is 2 years away from being tough enough for the premiership.

So just tough enough for the likes of John terry et al. :icon_lol: