Adel Taarabt

DubiousBobcat

Rumour has it we are looking to bring in Adel Taarabt from QPR. I know this guy blows hot and cold but when he is hot, he is on fire (more so then not at the moment). What's the verdict? If it doesn't fuck up the Ben Arfa deal, then I'm in....

Edited by the_unrepentant

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

One of the most skillful players I've seen in English football ever. He's greedy as owt but he's absolutely immense creativity wise. His attitude has been in question before, but if it's entertaining players you want then him and Ben Arfa in the same team at home would give us a NUFC really worth watching. He's honestly and I mean this he's got the quickest feet in English football, quicker feet than anyone in the Premiership. Never seen anyone nutmeg players with such ease as him and so often.

He signed a 3 year contract only a few months ago and said at the time QPR was his home, despite options to go elsewhere he wants to stay there.

Very similar to Carroll here......apparently this makes a move impossible.

:icon_lol:

QPR have access to more cash than us don't they?

They'd never sell him because a.) they can afford not to, and b.) they'll be in this league next season regardless the way things are going, and it would be suicide for them to get rid of their best player when they need him most.

He's young enough to take the risk of them faltering and not going up after all too, he'd have plenty of suitors next Summer if that scenario came to be. Can foresee Spurs buying him back á la Kaboul were that to happen.

Edited by Tecato

They'd never sell him because a.) they can afford not to, and b.) they'll be in this league next season regardless the way things are going, and it would be suicide for them to get rid of their best player when they need him most.

He's young enough to take the risk of them faltering and not going up after all too, he'd have plenty of suitors next Summer if that scenario came to be. Can foresee Spurs buying him back á la Kaboul were that to happen.

This, QPR don't need to sell for any reason and are in a prime position to come up, only reason he would leave is if he was absolutely desperate for premiership football now. I think it's more likely that he can wait until the summer!

Edited by Marko

This, QPR don't need to sell for any reason and are in a prime position to come up, only reason he would leave is if he was absolutely desperate for premiership football now. I think it's more likely that he can wait until the summer!

exactly why sign for a team thats only guaranteed half a season Premiership football when you can stay where you are, be a hero and get at least a full season next year.

Do they need to sell, due to financial constraints?....... as was the case when Forest offloaded Jenas [their most influential outfielder at the time] to us for a hefty sum.

Potential price & ramifications of destabilizing their midfield [by offloading Taarabt] is too high. There's enough games for them to drop into the play-off spots, and play-off football is a bit like a lottery or cup football, where a season's worth of form can be effectively cast out the window. Just ask Paul Hart, whose Forest outfit were playing the best football in championship for most of the season [01/02] before falling shot in the play-offs, and Jenas [different type of player of course] was the midfield rock up until the point when he was sold.

A peanut bid [of lets say 2m or thereabouts] won't be enough to seal this deal.

Edited by Year Zero

I said the same about not needing to sell but then someone pointed out they sold us Routledge, for pretty cheap too. They had the same owners then and despite not quite stepping up yet he was one of the best wingers in the division last year.

I said the same about not needing to sell but then someone pointed out they sold us Routledge, for pretty cheap too. They had the same owners then and despite not quite stepping up yet he was one of the best wingers in the division last year.

but Taarabt is the best player in that league by a fucking distance. He's more likely of making the step up as well.