Newcastle Vs Tottenham

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully smith still injured

:lol: you know he's good when we're hoping he's crocked and they're hoping he passes a late fitness test.

Still nee Tiote which isn't good, I think he'd have been a monster in this game because of Spur's lack of physical power in midfield as mentioned in another thread. Could be close one this I think a lot depends on if Carroll's fit.

2-1 to us. Them to score first.

Am feeling it too mate, as you said the other day, they're clearly a better team but we've got a chance in this game. Not sure i agree on them scoring first though, early pressure and get the crowd into it. Suppose this is the match thread now the other one has turned into geneticists and genitals.

Edited by ChezGiven

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

3-1 to us, 3-1 at half time. Not looking like we'll have any new signings in by then like, unless SWP comes in. Simpson is better than you give him credit for, but he's not blisteringly quick, big lugs is, that's the prime concern. See you top class right backs of the past they'd all try to take him inside where he's no where near as effective, but no one has seemed to manage it this season, even Maicon.

3-1 to us, 3-1 at half time. Not looking like we'll have any new signings in by then like, unless SWP comes in. Simpson is better than you give him credit for, but he's not blisteringly quick, big lugs is, that's the prime concern. See you top class right backs of the past they'd all try to take him inside where he's no where near as effective, but no one has seemed to manage it this season, even Maicon.

Phil Neville apparently didn't give him a kick shortly after he destroyed Maicon. Danny needs to get on the phone to him :lol:

pros: as long as someone shoots perch it'll definitely be Enrique Vs Lennon this time, should be fine man. spurs are usually shit up here

cons: pardew said carroll was doubtful for this before the mackems game. and i worry about our midfield against theirs wihtout tiote. it was fine with sunderland as they just hoofed it straight from back to front most times, but modric, vdv, maybe palacios will try and play it, and we'll be fucked.

1-0 coloccini

We were unbelievably shit against them even with Tiote not too many weeks back. It was the tactics that really failed us there, as well as Enrique being out. Rarely kept possession of the ball.

We need to play our own game of keeping possession as much as we can and not push too far up the pitch. Opening up space behind us will be potentially dangerous with their speed and skill. Their defense is average and gets little help from their midfield, so if we can have Barton sending balls in to Carroll/Ameobi and Nolan sniffing about there should be goals in it for us.

Edited by OzToonFan

We did well for about 60 minutes then went to pieces tbf.

Didn't think so, felt we were off the pace most of the game. Had one or two decent patches, the rest we were rubbish and that's with them not even playing well.

I agree. Our spoiling tactics worked well first half, Barton especially was winding them up something rotten. He did well as captain. Then Perch was left isolated against Lennon and that was it. Will be interesting to see how Enrique does vs Lennon as he'll be the paciest he's faced this season. I have full confidence in Jose though, an absolute quality player and could make a big difference this time.

Whilst I appreciate the loyalist optimism methinks we may be in for a spot of bother.

Watched them play Man.Ure at the weekend and they looked good, very good.

Yeah they were class against Man U tbf, two very good teams playing good football, I was impressed.

So basically they won't be against us because they're not up to it every week. Man U are champions, they're just a good team that get beat away as often as they win.

I agree. Our spoiling tactics worked well first half, Barton especially was winding them up something rotten. He did well as captain. Then Perch was left isolated against Lennon and that was it. Will be interesting to see how Enrique does vs Lennon as he'll be the paciest he's faced this season. I have full confidence in Jose though, an absolute quality player and could make a big difference this time.

Aye Enrique is fast in all maybe not as fast as Lennon but he's got the beatings of him physically. Enrique's strength is his biggest plus imo many wingers underestimate his pace and knock it past him only to either be beaten to the ball or have him out muscle them, I think the latter is what we'll see him do a lot against Lennon.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
raped@vodaphonecallcentre.com

:lol:

"DANNY GET OFF THAT INTERNET THERES 18 CALLS IN THE QUEUE"

"Sowwy Sharon lav :nah:"

Danny, I have to say I'm impressed by Tottenham, but you must be able to see how anyone with half a clue think Redknapp is a cunt. You're not going to challenge for the title till you sign some hard men and every week he's saying you're in with a shout of the title. You have no steel. His crack at the weekend was basically we're as good as Man Utd, but not better...yet. Oh dear. I was at the game down at WHL a few weeks ago, after 17 years away, still a hovel, and you still have wank fans. You bringing your full allocation up? 2,800?

raped@vodaphonecallcentre.com

:lol:

"DANNY GET OFF THAT INTERNET THERES 18 CALLS IN THE QUEUE"

"Sowwy Sharon lav :nah:"

Danny, I have to say I'm impressed by Tottenham, but you must be able to see how anyone with half a clue think Redknapp is a cunt. You're not going to challenge for the title till you sign some hard men and every week he's saying you're in with a shout of the title. You have no steel. His crack at the weekend was basically we're as good as Man Utd, but not better...yet. Oh dear. I was at the game down at WHL a few weeks ago, after 17 years away, still a hovel, and you still have wank fans. You bringing your full allocation up? 2,800?

Went to general sale rather than points so I dont know.

I wont be making the trip unfortunatly, I have another engagement.

Point taken about the hardman. We have palacios but he cant pass for Toffee. Huddlestone was getting more agressive but the ankle op has ruined that. Which game did you go to? Not NYD? always a shocking atmos cause of the hangovers.

Edited by DesperateDannyB

Interesting what Line up he goes for with this one Smith and Tiote missing. Hopefully Caroll will be back. Apparently Gosling was on fire against Wigan so seems sure to start.

Harper

Simpson Williamson Collochini Enrique

Barton Gosling Nolan Jonas

Carrol Ameobi

Whilst I appreciate the loyalist optimism methinks we may be in for a spot of bother.

Yeah they were class against Man U tbf, two very good teams playing good football, I was impressed.

So basically they won't be against us because they're not up to it every week . Man U are champions, they're just a good team that get beat away as often as they win.

aye, so they are near the top of the league because they play shite every week :lol: What a prick.

So basically they won't be against us because they're not up to it every week . Man U are champions, they're just a good team that get beat away as often as they win.

aye, so they are near the top of the league because they play shite every week :lol: What a prick.

Perhaps if you read the sentence above the one you bolded you'll see that my point is that they don't play shite every week.

Feel a bit sorry for you so won't pursue this one.