What would be your ideal job?

Jan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I've always said if I won megabucks on the lottery I would buy Blyth Spartans and open up/maintain a decent arcade. Probably make a daily loss on both but they would be things I would enjoy getting up on a morning for.

Well that's identical to what I'd re: Blyth. I'd restart Newcastle Blue Star and try and get them in to the football league. Definitely I'd own some sort of business, you'd get bored of your yacht after a while.

I would maybe put a bit of money into local football but couldn't be arsed with any serious involvement beyond that. Basically, I'd fuck off to the middle of nowhere and have a few animals about the place etc. Paul McCartney Kintyre-stylee. That's not really a job like.

Swimmming pool attendant at the Playboy mansion, I'd stand there all day with a net ready to skim the fanny batter off the surface.

One of those postmen in wilds or Caribbean who deliver the mail to remote islands via sea plane.

If I could go back in time a bit as well it would be more like James Stewart in Spirit of St Louis, where they just used to plonk the plane down in a field or track and get their sarnies out.

96803.jpg

Love the film as well.

A cobbler. I love doing things with my hands and making shoes in a small shop with it's olde worlde type smells would do me fine. However, to do that I would need some dosh behind me. If I had 'enough' to last me, I would love to while the time away making shoes and listening to TMS & football on the radio.

So, Jan. 'A rich man's plaything' eh? My bonus is through soon....... :D

Travelling round the world watching various sporting events and reporting on them.

Seeing as my English is pretty terrible I would say the chances are slim.

Failing that I would be in a band.

Seeing as I am musically inept that is unlikely to happen.

So basically, can someone pay me to travel the world living it up I would be grateful.

Ta.

Edited by DesperateDannyB

Owning a venue with a basement bar, a ground floor cafe/bar thing and a space upstairs with a cabaret lay out for comedy, small music acts and the like.

Wouldn't be too involved with the day to day, but would be in the loop re: booking the turns and selecting the menu and stuff.

The downstairs bar wouldn't be all pounding music and that shit. Just excellent quality whiskeys, vodkas, rum etc. good comfortable chairs, music in the background to encourage chatter and barstaff who know what they're doing.

Cafe would serve locally sourced produce, sandwiches, pastas and the like. Sufficiently expensive to dissuade toughguy and his ilk, but not so expensive as to attract too many chinless Ruperts.

I'd book acts that could sell for £10, £15 themselves.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I'd like to open a bar abroad somewhere and live a laidback lifestyle

You couldn't make a football bar though, well not an Everton one. There's a bar I've been in donno if it's still there tbh, but it's called THE CANNY LAD - wall to wall black and white, in Santa Ponsa, Majorca, and every year it used to get smashed up by mackem pissed up pricks according to the owner.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Travelling round the world watching various sporting events and reporting on them.

Seeing as my English is pretty terrible I would say the chances are slim.

Failing that I would be in a band.

Seeing as I am musically inept that is unlikely to happen.

So basically, can someone pay me to travel the world living it up I would be grateful.

Ta.

Not a bad plan either. Would be canny to just take you and your mates to every England game in the world cup, to the Twenty20 World Cup, Champions League Final etc.

Same with gigs, follow AC/DC or whoever around the world on a few dates.

I'd still love to be a travel writer. Not a book, but a blog preferably. Really enjoyed blogging my way round South Africa, and now it's still online so I can read back and remember the daft things that you forget.

Not sure anyone would be bothered to read it like, but it would keep me more than happy.