Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does no one else reckon its been done since day one? I've said it all along, Ashley will make Spurs wait until the last day of the window so we can't buy a replacement, Spurs have said ''ok'' but on the proviso that he doesn't play for NUFC again. Hence the trips to London, Dubai, Switzerland etc.

No.

Fucking hell, mongtastic today.

If you cant see that's a trick that Ashley would pull then you're the only mong mate

I'll bet you if you want snitchboy.

you lost. Predictably.

Raking through old posts, you're right, mancmag is the obsessed one :lol:

Does no one else reckon its been done since day one? I've said it all along, Ashley will make Spurs wait until the last day of the window so we can't buy a replacement, Spurs have said ''ok'' but on the proviso that he doesn't play for NUFC again. Hence the trips to London, Dubai, Switzerland etc.

No.

Fucking hell, mongtastic today.

If you cant see that's a trick that Ashley would pull then you're the only mong mate

I'll bet you if you want snitchboy.

you lost. Predictably.

Raking through old posts , you're right, mancmag is the obsessed one :lol:

not really, daft comments from you are ten a penny

• 2 weeks later...

Now you're going to have to excuse the source, but...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liver...icle700813.html

Newcastle have banked an amazing £30million lump sum from selling Andy Carroll.

The club struck a cash-up-front deal with Liverpool for the striker, which leaves them in a powerful position in the summer transfer market as Alan Pardew plans to rebuild the squad for the long term.

Newcastle also inserted a 25 per cent sell-on fee in the deal with the Anfield club as they forced Liverpool's hand on transfer deadline day, refusing to take the usual pay-by-instalments scenario that clubs frequently agree.

The cash windfall, along with two years of strict cost-controlling at St James' Park, means Newcastle are in a healthy financial position - in contrast to many Premier League rivals.

Pardew is now looking to exploit the situation by spending in the summer, with two top strikers lined up.

The United boss is also running a tight ship behind the scenes and has explained that running Newcastle has become "more than a job".

"You know this job and this club are all around you," said former West Ham boss Pardew. "Wherever you go it's a constant reminder.

"At West Ham, you can go into London and get lost and not be too bothered about it. Here, there's no escape, there are questions about the team wherever you go. You're never really far away from it.

"To be honest I quite enjoy that saturation, so I've got no problem with it. I've really enjoyed a lot of this job - some days not so much, but for the most part I have.

"I still go back to my first week when I went into a petrol station at minus-three degrees and I bumped into one of our fans, a bloke of about 43, who had the full kit on and he was asking me questions. That took some beating.

"You feel it's a bigger job than I've had before in terms of the time I spend working at and around the club. The transfer window, being the club we are, was particularly difficult but it's settled down a bit now and I'm looking forward to having a bit more preparation time with the team.

"We've got a nice run-up now to the Bolton game and then another week to Everton.

"I've read up a little on what's gone on in the past, looked at stuff in and around the training ground - reports and stuff on games - and I'm trying to install a system now that whoever comes in after me has every bit of evidence.

"I've found that wanting if I'm honest, so we report on every game, the build-up, the training, little things that happen - if a player pulled out late, why did it happen? - so there will be some sort of history here for the next manager, which is important given the size of this club. It's good to know what went on and what goes on here.

"We've got to start the undersoil heating, for example, at the beginning of April, which is important. For three of my first eight weeks here we couldn't train. That's ridiculous. So little things like that we can put in place to make the club stronger going forward.

"We've increased the staff. We have two more analysts working with the team now because I didn't think there were enough analysts. We've got them studying the opposition, studying us, collaborating.

"Obviously on the playing side we have John Carver and Willie Donachie up here now, as well as Peter Beardsley, Steve Stone, myself and Andy Woodman. So there's a good structure here now to go forward."

Caulkin at the Times -- Twitter

#NUFC have already banked £30m from Carroll sale to #LFC. V unusual for a deal that big not to be done in smaller instalments.

I refuse to use the term 'good business' bearing in mind lack of replacement for Carroll, but that's a remarkable deal + 25% sell-on clause.

To clarify (this is all in piece): Carroll deal is £35m. £30m paid up front. Dunno how much #Lfc got straight away for Torres. #NUFC

Simon Bird --- Mirror

Carroll cost £30m up-front PLUS a quarter of any sell-on fee

Newcastle have banked an amazing £30million lump sum from selling Andy Carroll.

The club struck a cash-up-front deal with Liverpool for the striker, which leaves them in a powerful position in the summer transfer market as Alan Pardew plans to rebuild the squad for the long term.

Newcastle also inserted a 25 per cent sell-on fee in the deal with the Anfield club as they forced Liverpool's hand on transfer deadline day, refusing to take the usual pay-by-instalments scenario that clubs frequently agree.

The cash windfall, along with two years of strict cost-controlling at St James' Park, means Newcastle are in a healthy financial position - in contrast to many Premier League rivals.

Pardew is now looking to exploit the situation by spending in the summer, with two top strikers lined up.

The United boss is also running a tight ship behind the scenes and has explained that running Newcastle has become "more than a job".

"You know this job and this club are all around you," said former West Ham boss Pardew. "Wherever you go it's a constant reminder.

"At West Ham, you can go into London and get lost and not be too bothered about it. Here, there's no escape, there are questions about the team wherever you go. You're never really far away from it.

"To be honest I quite enjoy that saturation, so I've got no problem with it. I've really enjoyed a lot of this job - some days not so much, but for the most part I have.

"I still go back to my first week when I went into a petrol station at minus-three degrees and I bumped into one of our fans, a bloke of about 43, who had the full kit on and he was asking me questions. That took some beating.

"You feel it's a bigger job than I've had before in terms of the time I spend working at and around the club. The transfer window, being the club we are, was particularly difficult but it's settled down a bit now and I'm looking forward to having a bit more preparation time with the team.

"We've got a nice run-up now to the Bolton game and then another week to Everton.

"I've read up a little on what's gone on in the past, looked at stuff in and around the training ground - reports and stuff on games - and I'm trying to install a system now that whoever comes in after me has every bit of evidence.

"I've found that wanting if I'm honest, so we report on every game, the build-up, the training, little things that happen - if a player pulled out late, why did it happen? - so there will be some sort of history here for the next manager, which is important given the size of this club. It's good to know what went on and what goes on here.

"We've got to start the undersoil heating, for example, at the beginning of April, which is important. For three of my first eight weeks here we couldn't train. That's ridiculous. So little things like that we can put in place to make the club stronger going forward.

"We've increased the staff. We have two more analysts working with the team now because I didn't think there were enough analysts. We've got them studying the opposition, studying us, collaborating.

"Obviously on the playing side we have John Carver and Willie Donachie up here now, as well as Peter Beardsley, Steve Stone, myself and Andy Woodman. So there's a good structure here now to go forward."

I can't get out of my head that Pardoo let slip that the £35 will be invested to cover transfer fees and wages for any replacements.

Two signings of £5mil each both on five year 40k/week contracts and its gone.

And what does £5m get you in the strikers market these days?

I can't get out of my head that Pardoo let slip that the £35 will be invested to cover transfer fees and wages for any replacements.

The reason we managed to get £35m for Carroll was because we knew what Torres was going for.

So if we're after a striker, what price will we be quoted, with clubs knowing what we got for Carroll?

They obviously like to drive a hard bargain so downplaying how much of the money will be spent is the obvious way to approach it. Whether it all gets spent on transfer fees or not I don't know, but the comments shouldn't really be taken seriously. If it means not getting sky-high quotes for transfer targets, they'd happily bullshit all day long.

Playing devils advocate, maybe Rapey said the bit about wages to try and bluff clubs this summer.

If we were really hoying in £12m bids for Nzog, then this might be the case.

Alternatively, we'll sign Carlton Cole and Kenny Miller. :lol:

The reason we managed to get £35m for Carroll was because we knew what Torres was going for.

So if we're after a striker, what price will we be quoted, with clubs knowing what we got for Carroll?

They obviously like to drive a hard bargain so downplaying how much of the money will be spent is the obvious way to approach it. Whether it all gets spent on transfer fees or not I don't know, but the comments shouldn't really be taken seriously. If it means not getting sky-high quotes for transfer targets, they'd happily bullshit all day long.

Didn't some Liverpool director say that the Torres price agreed was whatever Carroll costs + £15m.

Fucking mad way to throw money away for Abramovich if so....but a logical explanation why the price got so high.

presuming we do go in for two strikers, who would everyone like to see us get?

if cardiff don't go up, i'd honestly like to see us go in for bellamy.

maybe try for roque sante cruz too?

those two would be your classic little and large combination. big fella wins it in the air so bellas can get on the end of it.

Stat Attack...

Games played with Carroll = 19

Points won with Carroll = 22

Points per game = 1.16

Games played without Carroll = 8

Points won without Carroll = 13

Points per game = 1.66

Booyah!!

Fill in the blanks HF, if you will...

Goals scored with Carroll = ??

Goals scored without Carroll = ??

Stat Attack...

Points per game = 1.16

Points per game = 1.66

Booyah!!

Goals scored with Carroll = 28

Goals Per Game = 1.47

Goals scored without Carroll = 14

Goals Per game = 1.75

There you are chap.

Well rid tbh :lol:

Stat Attack...

Points per game = 1.16

Points per game = 1.66

Booyah!!

Goals scored with Carroll = 28

Goals Per Game = 1.47

Goals scored without Carroll = 14

Goals Per game = 1.75

There you are chap.

Well rid tbh :lol:

Heretic :icon_lol::razz:

I'd love to see us go after some top quality players. Cavani looks quality, maybe that kid Wickham at Ipswich. I've always liked the look of Pavyluchenko too, and he wants out.

According to the Ipswich fan at work, Wickham has a release clause in his contract but also reckons that Spurs have been offered first refusal on him.

Simon Bird --- Mirror

Carroll cost £30m up-front PLUS a quarter of any sell-on fee

So basically he is aware that he could get sacked rather sooner than later... :lol:

Call me cynical but having the majority paid up would suit Ashley if he plans to be fucking off soon - he'll take the money and run. If it's paid in installments it'd still be coming in after he'd gone.

I don't know about out-going transfers, but all in-coming transfers are supposed to be paid up front by NUFC. Good or bad, this means LardAsh knows virtually exactly where things stand at any given moment in the club's finances I would have thought. The club is always up for sale iyam.

Call me cynical but having the majority paid up would suit Ashley if he plans to be fucking off soon - he'll take the money and run. If it's paid in installments it'd still be coming in after he'd gone.

Which would be reflected in the balance sheet and thus the purchase price, net effect = nowt either way.

Which would be reflected in the balance sheet and thus the purchase price, net effect = nowt either way.

Club's in private ownership and we deal in 'undisclosed' transfer fees.