Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

Of course it's changed since 1992, I can't believe anyone would argue that.

The season before we came 3rd under Keegan Norwich were sat on the top of the table for the first half of the season and finished the season in 3rd place, behind Man Utd and Doug Ellis' Villa. Even the following season we came 3rd you had Joe Kinnear's Wimbledon finishing in 6th! A team that's stadium was so shit that they had to abandon it to ground share with Crystal Palace.

Are people really trying to say it hasn't changed? At a time when Liverpool have spend £100m on new players and are still not guaranteed a top 6 finish?! Where Man City have thrown a ridiculous amount of money at it just to have their first real season of challenging for the title?

It's miles apart :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The season before we came 3rd under Keegan Norwich were sat on the top of the table for the first half of the season and finished the season in 3rd place, behind Man Utd and Doug Ellis' Villa. Even the following season we came 3rd you had Joe Kinnear's Wimbledon finishing in 6th! A team that's stadium was so shit that they had to abandon it to ground share with Crystal Palace.

Are people really trying to say it hasn't changed? At a time when Liverpool have spend £100m on new players and are still not guaranteed a top 6 finish?! Where Man City have thrown a ridiculous amount of money at it just to have their first real season of challenging for the title?

rubbish. Are you bracketing NUFC with the likes of Norwich now ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Possibly the biggest point miss of all time. :lol:

rubbish.

How is it rubbish? :lol:

Did Norwich not not sit top of the league before coming 3rd?

Did Doug Ellis' Villa not come second despite him being known for not spending?

Did Joe Kinnear's Wimbledon finish 6th despite having no ground of their own?

Did Liverpool spend over £100m and still haven't guaranteed 6th?

Have Man City spent a fortune to have their first season where they look like winning the league?

Which part is rubbish?

Possibly the biggest point miss of all time. :lol:

no it isn't. it's pointless debating with you, because you say nothing about anything, until a few years later and then pretend its what you have always said, like your chum mancmag. It is more difficult for a club with limited resources, but NUFC are one of the biggest clubs in the country. Once again, the point I make will be missed by a multitude of fools who have been completely taken in by Mike Ashley lowering expectations, of which you are one.

Of course, if you behave like clubs such as Norwich, it is more difficult, I think is the point you and Baggio appear to have fixed in your tiny brains, but you either can't see it or won't admit it.

:lol: If you genuinely can't see that football has changed dramatically since the 90s, there's something wrong with you. The difference between our resources and the resources of Man City, Man United and Chelsea is not a gap that can be bridged by saying "but we're one of the biggest clubs in the country."

This isn't a concept that Baggio just made up to annoy you ffs.

:lol: If you genuinely can't see that football has changed dramatically since the 90s, there's something wrong with you. The difference between our resources and the resources of Man City, Man United and Chelsea is not a gap that can be bridged by saying "but we're one of the biggest clubs in the country."

This isn't a concept that Baggio just made up to annoy you ffs.

as I said, it's not really worth replying to you. You have shown over the years that you will simply disagree with something just because its' me, because most of what I have said and you have disagreed with over the years is now happening, and you're still at it.

NUFC can crack those barriers if they have the desire to do it, but they won't do it by selling their best players and not backing their managers, its really that simple, because they are not Norwich, Blackburn, Bolton etc although a foolish element of the support has accepted these lower standards now.

I know what I'm going to get when I log into this thread. It's quite comforting really, knowing that the 'anyone but Fred' debate will continue into infinity. I expect that one day, long after the human race has perished, computer bots will doggedly continue the Great Debate.....

:lol: Abramovich is worth 13 billion dollars man. Fuck knows how much the sheikh in charge of City is worth.

Can we fuck "break those barriers if we wanted to".

You say there's no point replying to me, but this is a perfect demonstration of why it's pointless talking to you. You have little to no grasp on reality as amply demonstrated above.

As for your insistence that you're always right, let's not forget this little beauty:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/12503-leazesmag-is-a/

It's going in my signature. :lol:

:lol: Abramovich is worth 13 billion dollars man. Fuck knows how much the sheikh in charge of City is worth.

You say there's no point replying to me, but this is a perfect demonstration of why it's pointless talking to you. You have little to no grasp on reality as amply demonstrated above.

As for your insistence that you're always right, let's not forget this little beauty:

http://www.toontasti...leazesmag-is-a/

read the thread you imbecile :icon_lol: I'm not talking about Chelsea or Man City :icon_lol:

that link is old hat now, made up and what a shame there is no record of it being edited to show it. Still, you know best, supporting Souness spending the money he did, for an accountant too. :D

Edited by LeazesMag

Sorry for mistakenly assuming that in quoting my post, and addressing me in your response, you were responding to what I was talking about.

I genuinely should have known better. Seriously I fucking should have.

Is it the same people saying the game has changed so much that it's not possible to compete, but also saying Spurs are shining example of how it's still possible to compete without getting into financial difficulty?

Sorry for mistakenly assuming that in quoting my post, and addressing me in your response, you were responding to what I was talking about.

I genuinely should have known better. Seriously I fucking should have.

shame I thought you may have intelligently responded to my constructive comments that I've made for years, rather than dismissing them in the way you do.

As someone who is only half interested in the club though, as shown by your lack of attendance at games despite living locally, I should have known better.

Edited by LeazesMag

http://www.toontasti...leazesmag-is-a/

This poor looking situation the club is in right now will correct itself over time if it turns out that Roeder is a good appointment. If he isn't and it doesn't, then I believe Fred should go.

:o

Is it the same people saying the game has changed so much that it's not possible to compete, but also saying Spurs are shining example of how it's still possible to compete without getting into financial difficulty?

I'm happy to try Spurs approach but see 5 teams whose revenues/profits/cash are very hard to match.

That's why imo challenging around 5th/6th/7th is about "right" sadly. Beyond that its about management/luck.

Be interesting to see what happens with this financial fair play business. If Chelsea don't make 4th this year, that has to have pretty serious consequences in terms of their ability to meet the rules.

Obviously it remains to be seen how serious UEFA are gonna be about enforcing penalties, although they're talking a good game.

never ceases to make me smile, when people say that I have said I support everything that "Fred" did, when he never owned the club, and I have said hundreds of times that I will back anybody who I think is doing their best that understands the club. The problem is, Mike Ashley doesn't understand the club, and doesn't have the ambition for it that an owner ought to have. It's that simple.

Be interesting to see what happens with this financial fair play business. If Chelsea don't make 4th this year, that has to have pretty serious consequences in terms of their ability to meet the rules.

Obviously it remains to be seen how serious UEFA are gonna be about enforcing penalties, although they're talking a good game.

Being kicked out of European competitions is the ultimate sanction, there are a number of other punishments before it gets to that level. It'll be a while before we see anyone not being granted a European license.

never ceases to make me smile, when people say that I have said I support everything that "Fred" did, when he never owned the club, and I have said hundreds of times that I will back anybody who I think is doing their best that understands the club. The problem is, Mike Ashley doesn't understand the club, and doesn't have the ambition for it that an owner ought to have. It's that simple.

But you thought that Shepherd should go?

I'm happy to try Spurs approach but see 5 teams whose revenues/profits/cash are very hard to match.

That's why imo challenging around 5th/6th/7th is about "right" sadly. Beyond that its about management/luck.

Yeah, I think that should be the expectation, with anything higher something worth celebrating.

Having the 3rd biggest stadium has less impact than it used to.

Having the 6th biggest revenues and the 7th wealthiest owner should give us a good headstart though.

Having the 20th net spend going hand in hand with an as yet unknown profit (before the hefty profit on player trading is accounted for) doesn't suggest we're doing what it takes to maximise those things we have in our favour though.

Being kicked out of European competitions is the ultimate sanction, there are a number of other punishments before it gets to that level. It'll be a while before we see anyone not being granted a European license.

Not being able to register new players is a fairly big deal though. And once you can no longer just bankroll signings with the owner's funds, you wouldn't have to be out of Europe long before you start to go backwards.

Don't get me wrong like, I'm not holding out much hope for it levelling the playing field too much, but it might make enough of a change to allow other teams at least a look at the champions league.