Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I continue I want to be clear I don't like rape, rapists or rape seed oil.

I wonder how much of the furore is because it's a thing to get angry about? I don't doubt that there are people genuinely appalled at the thought of Evans pulling on the shirt that their heroes have worn, but equally it's known that the British public aren't afraid to take offence for something to do.

There'll be a better way to put this I'm sure, but are there people who think , 'by being outraged at the convicted rapist getting back into football I'm proving I'm anti-rape and therefore a good person'?

Are people doing good things (signing petitions and calling him what he is) but for the wrong reasons?

What you're basically asking is "Is it OK to call someone a cunt if other cunts also exist?". Yes, yes it is.

Not on a par with this shit storm. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, simply pointing out the inconsistencies in the Twitter juries moral and ethical standpoints

Bill Cosby got a standing ovation at his standup show last night

Absolutely, outrage seems based as much on how likeable the criminal* is as his/her guilt.

I bet Rolf Harris would be back in some hearts if he cried about a enough poor sick kittens. Can't imagine the number of dying animals it would take for us to forgive Pinochet.

*Not sure if Cosby is convicted?

Edited by The Fish

What you're basically asking is "Is it OK to call someone a cunt if other cunts also exist?". Yes, yes it is.

No my cathword averse chum, I'm asking, is it ok to call somecathword a cathword for them calling a cathword a cathword but for the wrong cathwording reasons?

Cunt

I bet Rolf Harris would be back in some hearts if he cried about a enough poor sick kittens. Can't imagine the number of dying animals it would take for us to forgive Pinochet.

......:lol:

I mean, aside from the whole should he play/shouldn't he play thing, could Oldham possibly have made a bigger mess of this :lol:

I actually thought that with the legendary intransigence of Ashley with respect of sports direct, they'd go right ahead with it. I wonder what happened in the last 24 hours to change their minds?

So I read the statement, and I'm not sure they do...they've just set out that their role in this has been quite limited and that they're obliged to provide support to the player and any club trying to sign him. In fairness, if they weren't doing that, they'd not be fulfilling their modus operandi. It's not the job of the PFA to stop rapists from playing football - it's the job of the law.

So some of those outraged at a convicted rapist playing for Oldham have persuaded the club not to sign him by threatening to rape family members of the Oldham board. That all seems logical.

Meenzer seems unable to have an unbiased conversation over this without using a meme or a straw man argument?

Pretty sure he's been consistent in his flippancy.

Meenzer seems unable to have an unbiased conversation over this without using a meme or a straw man argument?

Wait, hang on. :lol: I think I've been pretty steady about horrible criminal cunts being horrible criminal cunts. Want to try me?

That's because he maintains he didn't rape her? He's not going to say sorry for something he doesn't think he's done, despite joe public demanding it.

Regardless, Him releasing a statement in the PFA website is a world away from your claim the PFA thinks rape is fine. Your veering into righteous Twitter statement territory with that one

Took this from RTG but it still makes sense.

It's really unusual to get convicted for raping a woman who is drunk. For a home-town jury not to give you the benefit of the doubt your behaviour has to be obviously predatory, Like, for example, rushing across town with your mates in tow to film a sex act, lying to get a key to a room, letting yourself in, having sex with a 19 year old very pissed girl within 120 seconds of meeting her, slinking off via the fire exit and leaving her to wake up in a strange hotel room having wet herself through drink, with no handbag, phone or memory of the night before.

That will about do it apparently.

To then wage war on the poor girl at trial, appeal and afterwards with a sophisticated media campaign, tens of thousands of pounds of resources and an army of neanderthal trolls, never apologise or ask that the girl be left alone despite her continual hounding, offer £10,000 reward for 'evidence leading to your acquittal', dress up some innocent tweet about buying her mates a car if she wins big on the lottery or at bingo more than 6 months before the trial as if she is making it all up for a big payday (even though she accused Evans of nothing at all and had to be forced to testify against him at trial) and string it all out for years by pursuing a truly hopeless application CCRC (which has a 2% success rate at the best of times - and in his case having already lost 4-0 at the CA has a 0% chance) really does underline why no employer should touch him with a bargepole.

And no supporter should feel sorry for him or want him anywhere near football - he is the acceptable face of rape ffs.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ched-evans.1017576/page-2#ixzz3OFaa2Hst

Took this from RTG but it still makes sense.

It's really unusual to get convicted for raping a woman who is drunk. For a home-town jury not to give you the benefit of the doubt your behaviour has to be obviously predatory, Like, for example, rushing across town with your mates in tow to film a sex act, lying to get a key to a room, letting yourself in, having sex with a 19 year old very pissed girl within 120 seconds of meeting her, slinking off via the fire exit and leaving her to wake up in a strange hotel room having wet herself through drink, with no handbag, phone or memory of the night before.

That will about do it apparently.

To then wage war on the poor girl at trial, appeal and afterwards with a sophisticated media campaign, tens of thousands of pounds of resources and an army of neanderthal trolls, never apologise or ask that the girl be left alone despite her continual hounding, offer £10,000 reward for 'evidence leading to your acquittal', dress up some innocent tweet about buying her mates a car if she wins big on the lottery or at bingo more than 6 months before the trial as if she is making it all up for a big payday (even though she accused Evans of nothing at all and had to be forced to testify against him at trial) and string it all out for years by pursuing a truly hopeless application CCRC (which has a 2% success rate at the best of times - and in his case having already lost 4-0 at the CA has a 0% chance) really does underline why no employer should touch him with a bargepole.

And no supporter should feel sorry for him or want him anywhere near football - he is the acceptable face of rape ffs.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ched-evans.1017576/page-2#ixzz3OFaa2Hst

Good post.

Personally I'm undecided as to whether he should be allowed to play football again

He's definitely a rapist, and his sentence was absolutely pathetic. I get that there's an argument that that isn't his or football's fault, and he should be allowed to move on with his life, but quite honestly, fuck him he's a rapist.