Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure he has a future with us but a run of games at The Heed can't be bad.

Don't think he'll make it at the Premier a League level. Hope he gets a decent career though, poor bastard hasn't a hope in the real world with hair which is that ginger.

Also, nice to see Sky Sports new star signing encouraging players to dive to win penalties. At least he's open about his cheating.

Didn't Neville or Carragher say the same?

Right, I mean no offence when asking the following question, it's just a question.

Are the minutes applause losing their worth? It seems every game has a section of the crowd applauding for a minute to commemorate someone or something.

There was one last night from the West Brom fans, but I've no idea what it was commemorating/celebrating?

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any, I'm not saying some are worthy & some aren't, I'm simply asking are they losing their potency because of their frequency?

The WBA one is for Jeff Astle, I'm not sure how long it's going to continue for. Doing it for one season is long enough.

Is it a decade since his passing? Or do they do it every season on the anniversary of his death?

Not sure why I'm asking you, guessing you're not the president of the JEff Astle memorial association or owt

The minutes silence is virtually impossible nowadays because people are just dying to fuckin clap for some bizzare reason. At west brom this season on remembrance Sunday the silence was observed for about 15 seconds before there was a spontaneous round of applause. It fuckin ruined it on the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of WWI. Why can't people fuckin control themselves?..

Are there too many is a bit subjective tbh. Geoff Astle occupies a Milburn/Shearer position at West Brom...we don't have a round of applause for Jackie do we? He died in 89, in the Autumn but the actual date I couldn't tell you....so maybe there's not enough...

Is it a decade since his passing? Or do they do it every season on the anniversary of his death?

Not sure why I'm asking you, guessing you're not the president of the JEff Astle memorial association or owt

Not since they ousted me in a bloody coup. :(

And I think the Astle thing is in support for the Justice for Jeff campaign. I'm not sure what sort of justice they're after, likely to do with him dying as a result of heading footballs weighing the same as a bag of concrete so often.

I've heard the Justice for Jeff thing mentioned a number of times when WBA have been on sky so the minutes applause is getting them quite a bit of press. In that respect I can't see how it's losing it's worth.

For our 17th minute thing it's just a show of respect for the two lads who were murdered. I don't see how it's losing its worth although I would hope it doesn't continue beyond this season and isn't just used for any old reason in the future.

The minutes silence is virtually impossible nowadays because people are just dying to fuckin clap for some bizzare reason. At west brom this season on remembrance Sunday the silence was observed for about 15 seconds before there was a spontaneous round of applause. It fuckin ruined it on the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of WWI. Why can't people fuckin control themselves?..

Are there too many is a bit subjective tbh. Geoff Astle occupies a Milburn/Shearer position at West Brom...we don't have a round of applause for Jackie do we? He died in 89, in the Autumn but the actual date I couldn't tell you....so maybe there's not enough...

Was 1988 actually, October 9th. I only know the date as it's my sister's birthday.

"As a coach, I felt I couldn't offer what I should offer," Van Basten, 50, explained in an interview with Voetball International. "He made things too difficult for me. It was specifically my problem. I couldn't do it. I kept suffering from stress. I was the one who needed to take the decisions. J69's looking at you. 'What, when, who, how and where?'"

:( such a shame

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jan/21/the-strange-world-of-professional-footballers-websites

This link is a page of the Guardian's favourite footballer websites. Some are quite bizarre. Tom Cleverly had one back in the day when he was trying to make himself a brand (like Beckham, one assumes). The site has closed down now, for some reason...

Andrei Arshavin has one where people apparently were able to ask him random crap and he'd answer. Someone asked him if he liked bears. Apparently he thinks bears are pretty good.

:lol:

Edited by Rayvin