Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal - Saturday 5th February K/O - 3:00pm

Flair

I think it was a half time bollocking. Fair play to him anyway.

Also, watching it again, Best looks like he's got a bad tear. He doesn't come off as a precaution, looks like there might be some bad damage.

who knows. As for Mike Williamson, some people quite liked him at first [because they don't like Steven Taylor ?] but he now is looking like a rabbit caught in headlights sometimes.

I think Pardew breifly mentioned it in one of the post match interviews.

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew branded his players a "disgrace" - for their first-half showing - after yesterday's amazing 4-4 draw with Arsenal.

Pardew admitted Andy Carroll's sale to Liverpool did have an influence on their shoddy first 45.

Pardew said: "You must be kidding. Yes.

"That was part of what I said at half-time: 'If you are going to feel sorry for yourself, if you are going to think, okay, it's been a tough week, lost at Fulham, lost a really good young player and take that out into that kind of arena, then you are going to be embarrassed', and they were embarrassed.

"They were a disgrace in some things that we did. The second half, though, more than made up for it.

"It's one of the most remarkable games I have ever been involved in in my life - and I am talking about Sunday mornings as well, 7-7s, I have had, everything."

OK mate. Haven't watched any highlights or anything yet.

He doesn't mention anything about a bollocking there though. Maybe it was Barton who said it. Regardless, many(ex-players) came out after we appointed him and said his man management is second to none(when he isn't porking his players wives).

I think it was a half time bollocking. Fair play to him anyway.

Also, watching it again, Best looks like he's got a bad tear. He doesn't come off as a precaution, looks like there might be some bad damage.

who knows. As for Mike Williamson, some people quite liked him at first [because they don't like Steven Taylor ?] but he now is looking like a rabbit caught in headlights sometimes.

I think Pardew breifly mentioned it in one of the post match interviews.

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew branded his players a "disgrace" - for their first-half showing - after yesterday's amazing 4-4 draw with Arsenal.

Pardew admitted Andy Carroll's sale to Liverpool did have an influence on their shoddy first 45.

Pardew said: "You must be kidding. Yes.

"That was part of what I said at half-time: 'If you are going to feel sorry for yourself, if you are going to think, okay, it's been a tough week, lost at Fulham, lost a really good young player and take that out into that kind of arena, then you are going to be embarrassed', and they were embarrassed.

"They were a disgrace in some things that we did. The second half, though, more than made up for it.

"It's one of the most remarkable games I have ever been involved in in my life - and I am talking about Sunday mornings as well, 7-7s, I have had, everything."

OK mate. Haven't watched any highlights or anything yet.

He doesn't mention anything about a bollocking there though. Maybe it was Barton who said it. Regardless, many(ex-players) came out after we appointed him and said his man management is second to none (when he isn't porking his players wives).

aye, you can see how that would throw a spanner into the works :razz:

FWIW the second penalty should never have been given. Not that I'm fucking complaining like... :razz:

It was one of those that looked like a joke from some angles but from a couple it did look to me that the Arsenal player caused a twist in Williamson's body shape that indicated a contact that put him off the ball.

Of course if it had been against us I would have called it a nothing contact and a complete joke but that's football.

So many decisions go against us I suppose so I'm not fussed.

Off the top of my head Coleman's tackle on Nolan at Everton was the most blatant penalty I've seen and it wasn't given. Swings and roundabouts.

There's fuck all rational about that Arsenal blog. Let's take a look:

"Dowd’s list of offences includes ignoring the Joey Barton ‘tackle’ that prompted Abou Diaby’s reaction and sending off, failure to punish Kevin Nolan for grabbing Wojciech Szczesny by the neck, two dubious penalty awards, and the disallowing of a seemingly good goal by Robin van Persie. His decisions were infuriating and often inexplicable. I sincerely hope his performance is reviewed by the powers that be. I sincerely doubt that it will be."

1. Dowd didn't ignore Barton's tackle, he was in full view of it and deemed it to be a clean and legal challenge, which it clearly was.

2. He did punish Nolan for his manhandling of Szczescunt, with a yellow card. This was a decision in consistency with his punishment of Diaby who received a red card for two aggressive acts.

3. Dowd awarded the first penalty after a clumsy and illegal challenge on Best in the box. The linesman awarded the second after Rosicky's push on Williamson, therefore blaming Dowd for this decision is completely irrational.

4. Robin Van Persie was offside when he scored his goal, which was subsequently disallowed; again, a good decision by the officials.

Dowd's decisions were consistent and easily explained when one understands the rules of football, the game the two teams were playing yesterday. If Dowd's performance is reviewed, the conclusion will be that he had a good match and was consistent in his officiating. The officials did make some poor errors, such as disallowing Best's onside goal, however NUFC as a club towers over the likes of Arsenal when it comes to conducting one's self in a dignified manner. That is why you will not hear us wallowing in self-pity after suffering a poor decision which would have otherwise meant victory - again I refer to Best's disallowed goal. That is why our team can claw a result from the most difficult of circumstances, such as being 4-0 down at half-time to a side challenging for the league title (albeit failing in that challenge, as they have now for several years): they display a good competitive attitude in keeping with the spirit of the game and get on with it. Joey Barton was the epitome of this yesterday and a credit to the sport . The same cannot be said of Arsenal and this is why they will not win the league this season: they are losers at heart.

exactly.

Said to my mate yesterday at half time, "what can Pardew say to them ? 4-0 down, after the week we have had ?"

Well, I quite like Pardew, I've said this before, I think he is well capable of putting a good team together with the right backing [meaning he won't here under Ashley before someone quotes this in future when he is sacked for not succeeding], but at half time yesterday, he must have really did his stuff. Probably assisted by the 2 leaders on the pitch, Nolan and Barton, whatever they did had a profound effect, even though it took the sending off to give us a helping hand. I hope after yesterday people can see that he deserves a break, it isn't his fault he took over from someone who was popular.

I think Best too played with a lot of spirit yesterday, credit to the lad.

We also think Ranger needs some goals, he is only 19, but there is something about him, he is raw, aggressive and quick, it's up to him to show the right attitude and learn.

Agree with all of that.

So many decisions go against us I suppose so I'm not fussed.

Off the top of my head Coleman's tackle on Nolan at Everton was the most blatant penalty I've seen and it wasn't given. Swings and roundabouts.

Fellani elbowing Williamson in the very same game.

Marriner was useless that day. If we hadn't won there'd have been hell on.

So, finally just managed to see the first half.

Barton is a Geordie God and we should just give this guy the Player of the season award and get it over and done with. As heads all around him, surprisingly Nolan, were dropping, Barton was chasing everything. His spirit was summed up on 36 minutes, 4-0 down and Arshavin knocks the ball out for a goal kick to us. Barton chases after it to retrieve it.

Tiote did well, so too Simpson and even though he heads the ball like a new born and doesnt yet understand the offside rule, I though Best showed some glimpses......Just glimpses mind.

Enrique a shocker and Jonas his usual ineffective game so far. Lovenkrands, forgot he was playing til he popped up near the end of the half.

Commentators final words on the first half....."This games as good as over".......Licks lips. :razz:

Commentators final words on the first half....."This games as good as over".......Licks lips. :razz:

I was listening to Five Live and at about 3.40, they were on about how how Arsenal were two points behind Man Utd for a few hours.....

Jumping to conclusions or what? :(

we were thinking about other comebacks after the game.

1. QPR away, 1985, 5-5 when we were leading 4-0 at half time

2. Leicester home, 1990?, won 5-4 after being 4-1 down

3. Charlton home, Ardiles last home match as manager, lost 4-3 after being 3-0 up at half time

Was at all 3 of these games, can't recall any others. Does anybody know any more ?

Young lad (16) in the pub after the game (friend of my mates sons mate or something) fucked off and missed all of yesterday. He says he will never do that again.

In 46 years, only the Leicester game comes close to that, by virtue of yesterday being a top flight game against a top club challenging for the title.

The Leicester game (Aitken's debut) we came back from 4-2 down, not 4-1. We were winning that one 2-1 at one point.

Others that stick in my mind were a couple of away games during SBR's reign where we ended up winning 4-3. Leeds and Derby were the opposition I think. Am sure Lua Lua got a last minute winner at Derby.

we were thinking about other comebacks after the game.

1. QPR away, 1985, 5-5 when we were leading 4-0 at half time

2. Leicester home, 1990?, won 5-4 after being 4-1 down

3. Charlton home, Ardiles last home match as manager, lost 4-3 after being 3-0 up at half time

Was at all 3 of these games, can't recall any others. Does anybody know any more ?

Young lad (16) in the pub after the game (friend of my mates sons mate or something) fucked off and missed all of yesterday. He says he will never do that again.

In 46 years, only the Leicester game comes close to that, by virtue of yesterday being a top flight game against a top club challenging for the title.

The Leicester game (Aitken's debut) we came back from 4-2 down, not 4-1. We were winning that one 2-1 at one point.

Others that stick in my mind were a couple of away games during SBR's reign where we ended up winning 4-3. Leeds and Derby were the opposition I think. Am sure Lua Lua got a last minute winner at Derby.

Wasn't the Derby one 3-2. Malcolm Christie got a goal as I remember it. 4-3 with Leeds, we were 3-1 down and I think it was Solano who got the winner.

Edited by Flair

Wow, thats the second half watched.

Gutted at the end we didnt win.

Like the way after the second pen had gone in, the keeper kicks the ball upfield as Joey and Nolan bear down on him for a second time :razz:

Also think Danny Simpson is not getting enough praise. Starting to look a very good right back both defending and attacking and for me is outshining Enrique at the moment.

Felt the tears welling up watching the fans celebrate at 4-4 and full time.

Finally, can we all now start getting behind Ashley and singing a few Ashley wonderland songs. If he feels the love from the terraces and can enjoy a few pints round the big market, he might, might, just not flog Tiote, Enrique and Barton in the summer.

Like the way after the second pen had gone in, the keeper kicks the ball upfield as Joey and Nolan bear down on him for a second time :razz:

Also think Danny Simpson is not getting enough praise. Starting to look a very good right back both defending and attacking and for me is outshining Enrique at the moment.

Finally, can we all now start getting behind Ashley and singing a few Ashley wonderland songs. If he feels the love from the terraces and can enjoy a few pints round the big market, he might, might, just not flog Tiote, Enrique and Barton in the summer.

?

:( you bell end

yeah, let's all get behind Ashley. How about walking in an Ashley wonderland?

Are you on drugs or something ?

You missed being called a tit for a few days or something? :(