Dutty Custard

Dr Gloom

Sorry like but ranger was fucking awful tonight. Nee Carroll replacement there. Can't remember him winning anything in the air all night

Edited by Dr Gloom

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

replace the word ranger with the word carroll and this is what we were saying over 2 years ago

Good point!

bollocks.

Carroll showed far more promise more than 2 years ago than dutty has to date.

replace the word ranger with the word carroll and this is what we were saying over 2 years ago

Good point!

bollocks.

Less promise imo. Before his championship season Carroll was pretty dire, yet he was still older than Ranger then. Perhaps you can show me a thread from that period that says otherwise? Doesn't mean that Ranger will progress like Carroll though, obviously, but ffs, give him a chance when we've few other options.

To Dr Gloom, I'd say it's pretty mean spirited to start a specific thread about our youngest, least experienced player being shit despite the fact that there were others plainly worse than him tonight. I don't get some people's mentality.

He doesn't read the game very well at all, barely put himself in a position to receive passes so other players who were looking forwards for passing options were having to turn and pass it back constantly. Best was pretty much the same, and together their communication was crap - so if one wanted to nod it on it was never going to happen because the other was standing static with a defender between them. Crap.

Good point!

bollocks.

Less promise imo. Before his championship season Carroll was pretty dire, yet he was still older than Ranger then. Perhaps you can show me a thread from that period that says otherwise? Doesn't mean that Ranger will progress like Carroll though, obviously, but ffs, give him a chance when we've few other options.

To Dr Gloom, I'd say it's pretty mean spirited to start a specific thread about our youngest, least experienced player being shit despite the fact that there were others plainly worse than him tonight. I don't get some people's mentality.

I recall this distinctly and felt a thrill of potential at the time for Andy that I have never had for Dutty; promise

as a rule I don't engage with you as I don't get your mentality tbh.

Edited by trophyshy

Schwarzer was fortunate to save that shot he managed to get off but that was about all he did, I'm willing to give him a shot tbh because it's not like we've got much else especially with Shola crocked :D .

Schwarzer was fortunate to save that shot he managed to get off but that was about all he did, I'm willing to give him a shot tbh because it's not like we've got much else especially with Shola crocked :D .

That was good. Seems to be where he excels - scrappy physical encounters where you don't need to think, just react.

That was good. Seems to be where he excels - scrappy physical encounters where you don't need to think, just react.

Aye it was a good shot that really took Schwarzer by suprise, I think he needs a goal like that where he just hits it without thinking too much to get some confidence. Not saying he's going to be the next big thing but to be fair to the lad he gets himself in the right positions and does a lot of the hard work. Like others have said there was worse on the field tonight, Best included imo.

Good point!

bollocks.

Cheers. To be honest I haven't a clue who you are so don't know if I 'engage' with you or not. My comment was directed at Dan anyway.

Good point!

bollocks.

Cheers. To be honest I haven't a clue who you are so don't know if I 'engage' with you or not. My comment was directed at Dan anyway.

I don't know who Dan is but you did quote me and reject my point. :D

Sorry like but ranger was fucking awful tonight. Nee Carroll replacement there. Can't remember him winning anything in the air all night

I thought he won more than his fair share. I even said at one point Jonas cant speak jive as custard was winning a lot but couldn't direct them his way.

Ranger can easily be as good as Carroll. While he's not as good in the air, he's not far behind and is a lot faster. His cameo in the Liverpool was miles better than anything Carroll did in his first season.

I think most people write him off because of the two sitters he's missed. But goal will come as he gets them with easy in the reserves.

It's a tad harsh to single Ranger out for criticism iyam.

He should have been out on loan this season, but due to our lack of striking options that hasn't happened unfortunately.

I think Renton's right about Carroll. Apart from pole-axing Buffon, there wasn't much at that age that made you think he was gonna be any good. Mind that doesn't mean we just need to sit back and expect Ranger to develop at the same pace - he might well be mediocre for life.

Renton, I'm just going on what I saw. We had nothing to aim at all night. Ranger went up for plenty of balls but I dont recall him winning anything all night. Tbf he is young and can improve but he's no replacement for Carroll for now. Best wasn't much better either. Sholas injury makes selling Carroll look even more foolish. We could get pulled right back in the shit on last nights evidence.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I've seen him look mint in the reserves, but I agree I don't think it's gonna happen for the boy. He'll end up on some show on sky "what they deein noo?" in 10 years time fixing washing machines.

Think he's far more effective as an impact player rather than starting (which, due to his early introduction, he effectively was last night). That's understandable for a player his age etc. and shouldn't be a problem. He's getting hung out to dry by being expected to play a major role for us this season.