3 months salary

tooner

Only a f*cking pr*ck would go above more than a months wage. What does it prove? F*ck all and the hoare will just f*ck you up in the divorce courts eventually and you'll be wishing that money back or that you hadn't spent it on her in the first place. If you have that kind of money to spend then you are a lunatic (unless you are a cleaner on less than the minimum wage and works less than 3 hours per week in which case yeah, go for it).

Some one not bitter are they, did she get your pension as well ~?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you see people dropping £20k on a car that will be worth half that in 5 years I don't see an issue with spending £3k on a ring that your wife will be wearing 'til the day she dies. There's people on here spent 3 months wages on a watch FFS :icon_lol:

What's wrong with you?

:scratchchin:;)

Depends on how much you earn to be honest, and i doubt the 3month thing is really the marker to be going for.

I think if it's a nice ring and it's cost you some effort to get it fair enough, granted don't be buying one from the half price jeweller like, but i can't see how anyone "normal" (ie not rolling in dough) wouldn't be happy with something up to a couple of grand maximum.

Considering how much you'll no doubt on the wedding and honeymoon etc as well...

I earn a decent wage i think and there is no fucking way in hell i'd spend 3months wages on a ring for someone, even if i thought they deserved it i'd like to think they'd fucking kill me for doing something that daft.

Exactly, she'd be petrified of losing the bloody thing, shes paranoid enough as it is.

I'm going to propose to my girlfriend and I've heard that you are supposed to spend 3 months salary on a ring. Has anyone else followed this 'mythical' rule of thumb or is it just propaganda from the diamond cartel?

firstly, congratulations. Have you not asked her to pick the ring ? I would say price shouldn't be relevant, but she shouldn't be looking for one just because it costs a lot of money.

All the best.

cheers, i don't know about picking the ring with her, i like the idea of surprising her with it, and i think my taste is refined enough to pick out a stunner

I'm going to propose to my girlfriend and I've heard that you are supposed to spend 3 months salary on a ring. Has anyone else followed this 'mythical' rule of thumb or is it just propaganda from the diamond cartel?

firstly, congratulations. Have you not asked her to pick the ring ? I would say price shouldn't be relevant, but she shouldn't be looking for one just because it costs a lot of money.

All the best.

cheers, i don't know about picking the ring with her, i like the idea of surprising her with it, and i think my taste is refined enough to pick out a stunner

cash spent on a ring is far better spent on a mortgage FFS

sooooooooooooooooooooo much cash is wasted on the "Princess" ideal - people like De Beers spend a fortune trying to implant the idea that the more you spend the better it is when in fact it's the opposite way round

All the best.

cash spent on a ring is far better spent on a mortgage FFS

sooooooooooooooooooooo much cash is wasted on the "Princess" ideal - people like De Beers spend a fortune trying to implant the idea that the more you spend the better it is when in fact it's the opposite way round

This. Make it mean something by all means but spending an ridiculous amount of cash means the same as someone who spends within their budget, stick to the practicalities. I was lucky, my wife wanted to look at the long term and where the money could be spent better - she is an acountant's daughter though.

Oh aye, Argos are renowned for selling the best diamonds on the market :icon_lol:

The moral of the story is, don't ask the sad sacks on here for any real world advice involving ladies

:scratchchin: Come on then ladies man, how many women you shagged and how many long term relationships?

I spent 1 months wages on it and she picked it. She was more fussed about the style of the ring than the clarity. Got a good deal on it anyway.

Don't go bankrupting yourself on a ring. Your missus will probably love it regardless.

Oh aye, Argos are renowned for selling the best diamonds on the market :icon_lol:

The moral of the story is, don't ask the sad sacks on here for any real world advice involving ladies

:scratchchin: Come on then ladies man, how many women you shagged and how many long term relationships?

An above-average number.

He's not lying, he is a real charmer. Just found this pic of him with his current mrs.

Real_Doll_sm.jpg

I've never heard that one and if you're happy to do that then go ahead. :scratchchin:

You must be mental if you do, though. :icon_lol:

3 long term relationships including the wife

Aye, that's always been/still my point. If you can afford it and it means nowt to you, then go for it. If it's a proper imposition then you need be asking why you think you like the the lass in the first place. :icon_lol:

I proposed to my girlfriend just before Xmas. We're buying a house and need a deposit by March so all our available cash is going on that. I proposes without a ring and we bought a 'token' £100 ring for her to wear in the short term until we get the house sorted. She's getting quite attached to the cheap ring now though so might save a few quid after all!