12 games to go..

shackbleep

Our next 4 games are massive for us

Bolton (h)

Everton (h)

Stoke (a)

Wolves(h)

If we can get 7 or 8 points, it would be huge!

Bolton (H) - 1

Everton (H) - 3

Stoke (A) - 0

Wolves (H) - 3

Villa (A) - 0

Man Utd (H) - 0

Blackpool (A) - 0

Liverpool (A) - 0

Birmingham (H) - 3

Chelsea (A) - 0

West Brom (H) - 3

Total of 48 points

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point in predicting the rest of the season when the only thing you can predict is seeing beardless Bud Spencer from down the road week in week out on the telly stating "we have played worse and got away with three points, so it's hard to take" ffs

Bolton (H) - 3

Everton (H) - 3

Stoke (A) - 3

Wolves (H) - 3

Villa (A) - 1

Man Utd (H) - 0

Blackpool (A) - 3

Liverpool (A) - 0

Birmingham (H) - 3

Chelsea (A) - 0

West Brom (H) - 3

Beating Stoke's asking a bit much, I'd say, but I see absolutely no reason why we can't manage all of the other results listed and even beating Villa isn't outside the realm of possibility. We also have HBA coming back into the team soon.

I'm still conflicted about whether or not I want us to finish in a European place. On the one hand, it might help in keeping some of our best players. On the other, it might destabilise our next season and we'd run the risk of suffering 'second season syndrome' a la Reading. I think it's a moot point though as I think we're going to fall short, but not by much.

I'm surprised people are expecting so many wins. Winning matches takes scoring goals, an area where we're quite weak on at the moment.

I hope we do win that many games but can't see it happening personally. HBA back in the squad will be good, but after such a lengthy spell out it would be silly to expect too much of him.

If we can maintain our position in the top half of the table it will be an exceptional result from the players and management. Even more so when you consider the turbulence of sacking your manager and selling your best forward and leading scorer.

Bolton (H) - 1 They're a decent outfit and have been playing some good football recently. I think getting the first goal is vital, as is keeping an eye on Mark Davies. Saying that they're neither prolific up front or weak at the back so a low scoring draw is my prediction.

Everton (H) - 1 These fuckers will be desperate for a result and I think a turgid 0-0 draw will be the reward for two teams scrapping for everything.

Stoke (A) - 1 Ifancy our back four to stymie the majority of their play to be honest. Again it's our abilit to score goals that I worry about. I know we've scored more than all but four, but I think those goals will dry up.

Wolves (H) - 3 They're seemingly incapable of winning against anyone outside the top four, plus I'm hoping Barfa, Ireland and Gosling will havebegun to make a real difference on their return from injury.

Villa (A) - 1 Score draw; they owe us for the spanking we gave them.

Man Utd (H) - 0 I think it was is referred to as an away banker.

Blackpool (A) - 1 Two teams going for the win will end up drawing. Entertaiing draw I reckon.

Liverpool (A) - 0 Dipping cunts will scrape a win by being thieving cunts

Birmingham (H) - 3 They're awful, truly awful We comfortably mugged them in their own backyard, I can't see them raising their game at St James. Especially as they'll be comfortably safe.

Chelsea (A) - 0 They're still going to be unsure of their final position and will comfortably put us to the sword

West Brom (H) - 3 They'll be down, we'll be looking to pull the curtain on a bizarre and entertaining return to the Premier League.

14 points giving us a total of 49, finishing 9th. Which, on reflection, is a fucking good end position given the insanity that has preceded it.

That looks much more likely though we'll probably nab a good result off more fancied opposition then cancel it out with an ugly loss to a weak side.

That looks much more likely though we'll probably nab a good result off more fancied opposition then cancel it out with an ugly loss to a weak side.

Oh definitely, you could easily swap a comfortable home win against Wolves with an unbelievable first win at Old Trafford, this season is just bonkers.

Physioroom reckon Barfa and Ireland will be back by 26th Feb, but I wouldn't risk them until Stoke on the 19th March

The Bolton game could be a tough one but vital given their place in the table. I do think we can nick it though. Everton at home is another winnable one. That said, 6 points from these two? We're not that reliable so we'll prob drop points against one of them. I reckon we'll get beat at Stoke by some long throw into the box type goal. Prob beat Wolves and get a point at Villa. Get beat off Liverpool and Man Utd but beat Blackpool. Beat Brum and get beat of Chelsea before ending the season with a win at home to West Brom.

17 points from the remaining games, say 15 as I assume we'll drop 2 points against another Id expect us to win. This would put is on 50 and a likely top half finish. I'd be very happy with that all things considered.

My problem (I know this has been done to death) is that I think seeds are being sown that in the summer we will loose the likes of Tiote and Enrique and bring in lesser replacements. You wont find a tiote with every deal you do. For every Tiote we get a Perch. Rather than push on, we'll do well to retain position and the team morale that has carried us in many games this season will be eroded if the players dont feel progress is being made.

I'm surprised people are expecting so many wins. Winning matches takes scoring goals, an area where we're quite weak on at the moment.

I hope we do win that many games but can't see it happening personally. HBA back in the squad will be good, but after such a lengthy spell out it would be silly to expect too much of him.

If we can maintain our position in the top half of the table it will be an exceptional result from the players and management. Even more so when you consider the turbulence of sacking your manager and selling your best forward and leading scorer.

This.

I do think we'll be alright, but I don't think we'll win as many as people seem to think. I can see us drawing more games than we lose, though. A few 1-0 and 0-0s scattered around is what I expect to see.

Ameobi will hopefully be back sooner rather than later and despite his critics he'll help us get a few more goals. Hopefully Ben Arfa will net a couple too.

Thinking about it though... I reckon a couple of better strikers (i.e. keeping a fit Carroll and getting someone else in, which was what I wanted during the transfer windows) and we'd be comfortably mid-table.

And I wouldn't have ruled out trying for a European place had we the squad members to do so. We've got a good midfield (that has been missing 3 creative outlets for the most part in Gosling, Ben Arfa and Ireland) and for a newly promoted side we've performed well far more often than I assumed we would.

Only in a few matches (Man Utd away, Wigan home, Man City home, Bolton away, Spurs away, West Brom away etc) have we played badly. That's not bad going in all honesty.

Bolton (H) - 3

Everton (H) - 3

Stoke (A) - 3

Wolves (H) - 3

Villa (A) - 1

Man Utd (H) - 0

Blackpool (A) - 3

Liverpool (A) - 0

Birmingham (H) - 3

Chelsea (A) - 0

West Brom (H) - 3

not a chance

Despite the fact we've scored more goals than 15 others sides in the division?

We've scored at least 4 in 4 league games (Villa, Sunderland, West Ham and Arsenal) which is admittedly very impressive. If you were to take those games away however...

My point is that we're not scoring goals on a consistent basis.

Edited by Tecato

Despite the fact we've scored more goals than 15 others sides in the division?

We've scored at least 4 in 4 league games (Villa, Sunderland, West Ham and Arsenal) which is admittedly very impressive. If you were to take those games away however...

My point is that we're not scoring goals on a consistent basis.

Out of 27 games this season, there's only 6 where we've failed to score.

Baffling to me when people say we've got a scoring problem. We're more goal-rich than we've been for many a season.

Baffling to me when people say we've got a scoring problem. We're more goal-rich than we've been for many a season.

This is true, but when I look over the strikers we have I'm not particularly confident in their ability to score.

They've done a decent job admittedly so far, but they haven't been convincing. It could dry up, or they could be spurred on.... Shola coming back will help.

I'll admit you can't compare it to 2008/09 where we struggled to create chances let alone score.

We've 32 points at the moment. Time to make your run-in predictions:

Birmingham (A) - 1pt

Bolton (H) - 1pt

Everton (H) - 3pts

Stoke (A) - 0pts

Wolves (H) - 3pts

Villa (A) - 1pt

Man Utd (H) - 0pts

Blackpool (A) - 1pt

Liverpool (A) - 0pts

Birmingham (H) - 3pts

Chelsea (A) - 0pts

West Brom (H) - 3pts

Possible total of 48pts? Albeit I think I'm being optimistic with some.

Bolton [h] 3 points

Everton [h] 3 points

Stoke [a] 0 points

Wolves [h] 3 pts

Villa a 1 pt

Man Utd [h] 1 point

Blackpool [a] 0 points

Liverpool [a] 1 point

Birmingham [H] 3 points

Chelsea [a] 0 points]

West Brom [H] 3 points

This is true, but when I look over the strikers we have I'm not particularly confident in their ability to score.

They've done a decent job admittedly so far, but they haven't been convincing. It could dry up, or they could be spurred on.... Shola coming back will help.

I'll admit you can't compare it to 2008/09 where we struggled to create chances let alone score.

You must take in to account the fact that bar the blackburn game I would say we have taken our chances very well this season. I think you are being a bit harsh on the lads who although may not be desirable players are actually doing a decent enough job. Look at some other stirke forces in the pl, DJ Campbell at Blackpool has proved you can be shit and score goals in this league. Also, first half of the season best and lovenkrands did not get a look in so they must be given some playing time. I think they will see us through till the end of the season and we have enough to stay up, then re asses in the summer. Loverman may find its time to drop down but Best must be classed as a decent enough squad player and at his age some more premier league experience could see him imporve