New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old Ashley, taking the piss.

Only three more years then the Northern Rock deal will come to an end and he'll really take the piss. Anyone who doesn't think he'll use the shirt to whore the Sports Direct logo is quite frankly kidding themselves.

The only thing is he knows his product placement is wasted on NUFC fans and the revenue lost from using sports direct as the sponsor would be reasonable. Unless he made serious in roads abroad with both Sports Direct and NUFC it would seem pointless to me him doing this. I agree I think he will do it, but i don;t think it is particularly logical and would only really serve to massage his ego more

Only three more years then the Northern Rock deal will come to an end and he'll really take the piss. Anyone who doesn't think he'll use the shirt to whore the Sports Direct logo is quite frankly kidding themselves.

The only thing is he knows his product placement is wasted on NUFC fans and the revenue lost from using sports direct as the sponsor would be reasonable. Unless he made serious in roads abroad with both Sports Direct and NUFC it would seem pointless to me him doing this. I agree I think he will do it, but i don;t think it is particularly logical and would only really serve to massage his ego more

I think you're overlooking the fact that we're a Premier League club and one that appears live on the TV fairly regularly. This isn't just about product placement with regards to NUFC fans, it's using the shirt as a global advertisment board and I can honestly imagine him believing that it'd be more worth his while to do that than sell the space to a third party. I think it's clear that sponsorship revenue is not being directly re-invested into playing personnel although that is personal opinion rather than anything else.

I think you're overlooking the fact that we're a Premier League club and one that appears live on the TV fairly regularly. This isn't just about product placement with regards to NUFC fans, it's using the shirt as a global advertisment board and I can honestly imagine him believing that it'd be more worth his while to do that than sell the space to a third party. I think it's clear that sponsorship revenue is not being directly re-invested into playing personnel although that is personal opinion rather than anything else.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Sports Direct currently trades outside of the UK therefore it seems pointless to me. Sports Direct is all over TV in this country and anyone who knows PL football in this country knows of him, his shops and that he owns NUFC, not to mention he has shops in every major town or city.

What I am saying is unless he moves his companies progress abroad and expands the global brand of NUFC then Global advertising for him is worth nothing in comparison to the local TV Advertising which he takes part in now and he therefore would be foolish to expect one to take over from the other as suggested by someone else earlier on!

And now for something completely different. Full marks to Puma for trying to give Newcastle's black and white stripes a new twist.

An interesting addition is the 'go faster' stripes down the front - which neatly incorporates the sponsor's logo - but there is still no hard evidence these work on cars... or footballers.

Newcastle's loyal fans won't be too bothered what it looks like as long as they can easily whip it off to reveal a bare chest on a freezing cold evening at a ground near you.

The most original Toon kit in a long time, a lot better than the cream-cracker effort from two seasons back.

Sportsmail verdict 8/10

Horrendous. An absolute abomination of a Newcastle United shirt.

That toffee coloured shite is, well, shite as well.

Retro shirts will become the norm methinks.

Again, can't help but think some people are going a bit OTT about the shirt. This seems to happen with every new kit - a few like it or are indifferent about it, a few hate it and their opinion doesn't change and then a lot of people dislike it at first but eventualy get used to it and like it themselves.

To each their own though.

I don't mind whatever Shola is modelling either.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Sports Direct currently trades outside of the UK therefore it seems pointless to me. Sports Direct is all over TV in this country and anyone who knows PL football in this country knows of him, his shops and that he owns NUFC, not to mention he has shops in every major town or city.

What I am saying is unless he moves his companies progress abroad and expands the global brand of NUFC then Global advertising for him is worth nothing in comparison to the local TV Advertising which he takes part in now and he therefore would be foolish to expect one to take over from the other as suggested by someone else earlier on!

sportsdirect.com ships internationally, hence why it's SJP@sportsfuckingcuntsdirect.com

Also I've seen one of his high class sports stores in Belguim, so he's obviously more than just UK based.

Guest alex
I don't think our training gear usually bears the sponsor.

You can get Puma Newcastle t-shirts and sweatshirts etc. from the club shops without Northern Rock on but I think the actual training gear does have the logo on the front.

I don't think our training gear usually bears the sponsor.

You can get Puma Newcastle t-shirts and sweatshirts etc. from the club shops without Northern Rock on but I think the actual training gear does have the logo on the front.

You are correct, sir.

300060.jpg

300063.jpg

300057.jpg

And now for something completely different. Full marks to Puma for trying to give Newcastle's black and white stripes a new twist.

An interesting addition is the 'go faster' stripes down the front - which neatly incorporates the sponsor's logo - but there is still no hard evidence these work on cars... or footballers.

Newcastle's loyal fans won't be too bothered what it looks like as long as they can easily whip it off to reveal a bare chest on a freezing cold evening at a ground near you.

The most original Toon kit in a long time, a lot better than the cream-cracker effort from two seasons back.

Sportsmail verdict 8/10

Daily Mail completely miss general opinion? Well I fucking never.

Newcastle's loyal fans won't be too bothered what it looks like as long as they can easily whip it off to reveal a bare chest on a freezing cold evening at a ground near you.We can't be bothered to gauge what Newcastle United's fans really think of it.

Sportsmail verdict 8/10