Stoke 4 Newcastle 0

jamie_gordon

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoke is my least favourite away trip that I've done. The day itself was cracking cos we went out pre match in Brum but Stoke itself a dive. Wouldn't want to do the walk along the canal back to the station either again any time soon.

hahaha....is it really that bad?

where should i go to meet up with other fans then?

Stoke is my least favourite away trip that I've done. The day itself was cracking cos we went out pre match in Brum but Stoke itself a dive. Wouldn't want to do the walk along the canal back to the station either again any time soon.

hahaha....is it really that bad?

where should i go to meet up with other fans then?

We got into the away end about an hour before KO and there were plenty of people in there for a bit of atmosphere. Served beer in the away end too.

I bought tickets for this and have an online confirmation but I have not received an e-mail confirming or my tickets in the post but bought of www.nufc.co.uk, do you normally get an e-mail confirm (ain't been away for a while)

Stoke is about the only away trip i went on where i saw any trouble, it was the league cup game many moons ago where we hammered them and Ginola destroyed them so a bitter Lou Macari started off the whole thing about him diving which lead to games like the arsenal one where Dixon basically was allowed to kick the shit out of him with no comeback from the ref.

But i saw a couple of fights break out there and heard that it had been alot worse as i still avoided them, but their fans had been waiting for a big club to come there and were set on acting like pricks.

Watched a bit of the Stoke Wistam game the other day; I was thinking to myself that if Stoke actually got to the final I would have to think long and hard about actually bothering to watch it. Not watching the cup final, for me, is like not bothering to breathe so you can tell how much I care for Stoke City.

Good bars?

There aren't any. Stoke is a fucking hellhole.

QFT

Its the weirdest place on earth, no real town centre. Maybe have a wander into Hanley or take in the Cultural Quarter (irony at its best)

Theres a pub on the retail park where the ground is, one of those soulless Beefeaters or the like. Chances are though you'll get your head caved in from some fat bloke who'll call you duck as he boots you.

Last time I went to the ground was Allardyces last match, the soul destroying 0-0 on a cold wet Sunday evening. The entire corner of their ground took no interest in the game, merely stood baiting our end, with their tops off, they remind me of that Phones 4 U advert set in the Indian Wrestlers camp.

Anyone wondering whether to watch the Cup final if they get there should relive that game to see why paint drying would be a preferable option.

I bought tickets for this and have an online confirmation but I have not received an e-mail confirming or my tickets in the post but bought of www.nufc.co.uk, do you normally get an e-mail confirm (ain't been away for a while)

Yeah they usually send you an email but generally takes them a day or so. I've had so much hassle buying tickets on there this season it's unreal and I even fell for buying a fooking membership - waste of money that was, although I did get a fairly nice keyring :icon_lol:

Stoke is about the only away trip i went on where i saw any trouble, it was the league cup game many moons ago where we hammered them and Ginola destroyed them so a bitter Lou Macari started off the whole thing about him diving which lead to games like the arsenal one where Dixon basically was allowed to kick the shit out of him with no comeback from the ref.

But i saw a couple of fights break out there and heard that it had been alot worse as i still avoided them, but their fans had been waiting for a big club to come there and were set on acting like pricks.

Worst night of violence I've ever seen, every fucka was fighting, like literally everyone, our normal fans got some right hidings, but so did some of their's. What started it off was a rumour toon fans had stabbed a Stoke girl in a bar, and after the match it was like Braveheart everywhere, in our car park a mini bus got overturned and the police were fucking no where. Absolute neanderthals, fair enough go after toon fans who want it, but that neet I'll be honest I was scared and I wasn't a small lad at 18 but fuck me, it was a brutal night, hated them with a passion ever since.

Worst night of violence I've ever seen, every fucka was fighting, like literally everyone, our normal fans got some right hidings, but so did some of their's. What started it off was a rumour toon fans had stabbed a Stoke girl in a bar, and after the match it was like Braveheart everywhere, in our car park a mini bus got overturned and the police were fucking no where. Absolute neanderthals, fair enough go after toon fans who want it, but that neet I'll be honest I was scared and I wasn't a small lad at 18 but fuck me, it was a brutal night, hated them with a passion ever since.

i cant wait for saturday now..................

I think I've said before I went in a car with 3 mates and we were the only 4 people I know who didn't see or were on the receiving end of bother. We had a few pints in a quiet back street bar, went to the match and made it home safely. Another group of mates had their van turned over and when they went to the cop shop to report it some charver lass who'd been nicked pointed out one of the lads and accused him of assaulting her. Coppers stupidly took her word and it went to crown court in the end. The lass and all her "witnesses" turned up in shell suits and admitted after 10 seconds of questioning that she'd only got interested in pressing charges when the coppers mentioned compensation to her. Case dismissed and a complete waste of time, money and effort - apart from the lad having 6 months of hell.

You're right about the small club making a name for themselves that night.

Funnily enough I went there for a party a few years later on the way to Sheff wed from London (my mate's company's HQ is there and he worked there for a while) and had a bloody good time.

This is going to be painful to watch. With no Enrique and Jonas we lose two of our players who are strongest on the ball. On their narrow pitch with no real wide players we're going to have limited constructive possesion, can see us reverting to lumping the ball up towards Best and Zorro, if they start with two up front. Otherwise I guess

Shola with Nolan looking to pick up scraps.

Whoever we play I can't see this being a very entertaining match. A point here would be a good result, though with the high possibility of another Steven Taylor or James Perch fullback performance I'll be highly surprised if we don't gift them several chances though Taylor giving too much space, or Perch goin missing or diving in committing reckless fouls.

Hopefully Simpson starts at right back. No sense in shifting him to the left.

This is going to be painful to watch. With no Enrique and Jonas we lose two of our players who are strongest on the ball. On their narrow pitch with no real wide players we're going to have limited constructive possesion, can see us reverting to lumping the ball up towards Best and Zorro, if they start with two up front. Otherwise I guess

Shola with Nolan looking to pick up scraps.

Whoever we play I can't see this being a very entertaining match. A point here would be a good result, though with the high possibility of another Steven Taylor or James Perch fullback performance I'll be highly surprised if we don't gift them several chances though Taylor giving too much space, or Perch goin missing or diving in committing reckless fouls.

Hopefully Simpson starts at right back. No sense in shifting him to the left.

agree

Sunderland, Tottenham, Liverpool, Wolves, Everton, Rangers, Boro, Leeds and Stoke all have one thing in common. They're all fuckin cunts.

Fear for us today, Williamson will struggle against their neanderthal players and tactics, some cunt needs to get some Guinness doon the skinny fucka, football wise we're much better than them, but we need to fight, if we don't we'll lose and I sadly think we will, and ye naa me, I'd predict us to win at the Nou Camp some weeks.

Anyone know which bars in the toon will be showing the game? I fancy going on the drink all day in town and want to watch the match. cheers

ill be watching in the duke of wellington on high bridge

Anyone know which bars in the toon will be showing the game? I fancy going on the drink all day in town and want to watch the match. cheers

ill be watching in the duke of wellington on high bridge

Cheers mate, I dont mind the Duke of Wellington, canny bar. Im sure the Telegraph used to have the games and maybe the Monkey bar used to too.

Edited by SCOREBOARD1