Stoke 4 Newcastle 0

jamie_gordon

When he's up against an aerial threat all Williamson does is try and foul the opposition which suggests a lack of confidence in own ability to me. Taylor's not the answer either for me like. Wouldn't mind both as back up.

never been over-keen on Williamson despite the praise he got at first, he's alright, but as you say backup. Taylor has stagnated. He needs to move on quickly, because Newcastle are highly unlikely to give him a good platform to play with top players now.

The other side of the coin, is Collocini has settled and looks a decent central defender now, albeit sometimes could do with being a few inches taller.

He's a sweeper and ideally needs someone like Williamson but better alongside him. Campbell of a few years ago would have been ideal but that ship has sailed. Someone like Samba would probably fit the bill but I doubt we'd pay what Blackburn would want.

Two strikers, a right winger and a centre back are musts in the summer providing we don't lose anyone.

And all for about 3m quid.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he's up against an aerial threat all Williamson does is try and foul the opposition which suggests a lack of confidence in own ability to me. Taylor's not the answer either for me like. Wouldn't mind both as back up.

Have to agree although Will has done well for a cheapie.