Stoke 4 Newcastle 0

jamie_gordon

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Out on the Toon! Pardew probes stars' nightclub hi-jinx"

Best and Ireland appearing right cockends Friday night .

article-0-0B3FE7CD00000578-853_470x288.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ub-hi-jinx.html

Hardly criminal I know but y would have thought that under the circumstances a lower profile was called for rather than mincing about like this. Facebook bollocks ffs.

Cliched but this kinda crap 'sends out the wrong message' . Canny irksome in my opinion. I'm not liking anything about this Ireland like. Dopey little blinging crock.

Used to see Clarkey, Steve Watson, Howey, Sellers etc in the town all the time on a Friday night if they were injured back in Keegans day so I don't personally see anything wrong with it.

I've got more of a problem with them going to tuptup. The place is fucking wank!

Back to yesterday and Pardew is again looking like a shite manager. He should never have risked ricky, he should never have played Campbell (and never should again) and to leave it as long as he did when we went three down to change it was fucking clueless.

At best he's no better than Hughton, at worst he's no better than jfk.

I don't think we'll go down because it is a very big ask for all of those teams below us to get more points than we do in the run in but we a looking terrible at the minute and we've gone from having a run where we could have been looking at challenging for a European spot (given what's happened in the cups we wouldn't have a had a chance anyway but we could have certainly been right up there) and guaranteeing our safety to putting ourselves right in the shit.

As always big thanks to Mike.

I want FMA out bur i find it amusing how people on here turn and blame him for everything like.

Aye he sold Carroll and didnt replace him but its the lads who go out on the pitch who are to blame. They are all professional footballers paid handsome wages. It was stoke ffs. Our poor form is the fault of the players NOT FMA.

I want FMA out bur i find it amusing how people on here turn and blame him for everything like.

Aye he sold Carroll and didnt replace him but its the lads who go out on the pitch who are to blame. They are all professional footballers paid handsome wages. It was stoke ffs. Our poor form is the fault of the players NOT FMA.

What about the yes man he sacked Hughton for?...anything to do with him?...

Selling Carroll and not replacing him has left us with a strike force that's championship standard at best. We always knew without Carroll we had nothing up front so we knew we needed to add to the squad. But instead we weakened it just so he could top up his bank balance. That's why it's Ashley's fault (to say nothing of all the other shite that's led us to this point).

Yes the players were pathetic yesterday, yes the manage was too but ultimately the buck stops with him.

"Out on the Toon! Pardew probes stars' nightclub hi-jinx"

Best and Ireland appearing right cockends Friday night .

article-0-0B3FE7CD00000578-853_470x288.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ub-hi-jinx.html

That photo reminds me a little too much of the photo of Martins swanning around in Milan the week prior to the away game against Villa ...

martins1-rex.jpg

Of course AP is to blame as well but ultimitely it comes down the the players performing on the park and they havent even come close in recent weeks.

Its a fair point that FMA sold and didnt replace which makes the manager and the players jobs harder but still they are paid stupid money to do a job and still should of got results we never.

Spurs, Mackems, Bolton, Everton and Stoke.

Selling Carroll and not replacing him has left us with a strike force that's championship standard at best. We always knew without Carroll we had nothing up front so we knew we needed to add to the squad. But instead we weakened it just so he could top up his bank balance. That's why it's Ashley's fault (to say nothing of all the other shite that's led us to this point).

Yes the players were pathetic yesterday, yes the manage was too but ultimately the buck stops with him.

I'm far from his biggest fan and the last thing I want to look like is an Ashley apologist, but I wish people would stop with the "Ashley pockets the club's money" comments unless they can actually prove it.

There are several reasons why he might have left, only a select few know the absolute truth.

The bigger crime was not getting in another striker regardless.

edit; I'm aware that he's lent the club money.

Edited by Tecato

how can Pardew put together even a half decent team when his best players are being sold against his wishes and he has to do the job with his hands tied behind his back ?

Carroll was injured for most of those games man.

I know, but I'm talking about how difficult the job is for him.

He knew what he was getting into in becoming Ashley's lapdog.

true, but somebody would have taken it, eventually.

I agree it would be difficult, but is managing any of the teams below us any more difficult? Selling Carroll without an immediate replacement was fucking stupid and could be one of the things that get us relegated. I'd also question the team fight and spirit that seems to be eroding that was our main feature. That I'd put down to Pardew.

maybe, but I would put it down to morale in the ranks because of the sale of Carroll.

how can Pardew put together even a half decent team when his best players are being sold against his wishes and he has to do the job with his hands tied behind his back ?

That very much depends on what his job is. Building a successful PL team under FMA’s ownership is undoubtedly a very tough task. Talking shit and dodging relegation for a few seasons isn't.

Some supporters, and Mike Ashley, will be expecting him to put together a good team though simply because it is Newcastle. Making them especially stupid. He will sack one manager after another for not doing it, and some supporters will actually slate all the managers, being equally clueless.

He knew what he was getting into in becoming Ashley's lapdog.

true, but somebody would have taken it, eventually.

I agree it would be difficult, but is managing any of the teams below us any more difficult? Selling Carroll without an immediate replacement was fucking stupid and could be one of the things that get us relegated. I'd also question the team fight and spirit that seems to be eroding that was our main feature. That I'd put down to Pardew.

maybe, but I would put it down to morale in the ranks because of the sale of Carroll.

I agree, Leazes. I was worried about moral after Chris H was fired, but Pardew seemed to keep us together. It's only since AC was sold that the cracks have really started opening up; e.g. the comments from Jose, Barton and the utter shit we've seen sometimes on the park.

I never the "The players are paid loads of money so should win" argument. They're playing against players who are paid loads of money too, so wages are irrelevent, the players have no drive, that's the bloody problem

I never the "The players are paid loads of money so should win" argument. They're playing against players who are paid loads of money too, so wages are irrelevent, the players have no drive, that's the bloody problem

Thats not true. The players simply aren't good enough to get where the supporters think we should be.

if we have 2-3 injuries coming into a game we are guaranteed not to win.

“I thought Sol (Campbell) would cope with aerial threat better than Steven (Taylor) and that is why I gave him the nod, no other reason to be honest."

What a fuckin knacka. Taylor is good in the air, quicker and certainly more agile than Campbell. Pathetic tbh. If his concern was their height and strength why not put Campbell in for the weak Williamson. He really is clueless.

When he's up against an aerial threat all Williamson does is try and foul the opposition which suggests a lack of confidence in own ability to me. Taylor's not the answer either for me like. Wouldn't mind both as back up.

Edited by alex

When he's up against an aerial threat all Williamson does is try and foul the opposition which suggests a lack of confidence in own ability to me. Taylor's not the answer either for me like. Wouldn't mind both as back up.

never been over-keen on Williamson despite the praise he got at first, he's alright, but as you say backup. Taylor has stagnated. He needs to move on quickly, because Newcastle are highly unlikely to give him a good platform to play with top players now.

The other side of the coin, is Collocini has settled and looks a decent central defender now, albeit sometimes could do with being a few inches taller.

never been over-keen on Williamson despite the praise he got at first, he's alright, but as you say backup. Taylor has stagnated. He needs to move on quickly, because Newcastle are highly unlikely to give him a good platform to play with top players now.

The other side of the coin, is Collocini has settled and looks a decent central defender now, albeit sometimes could do with being a few inches taller.

He's a sweeper and ideally needs someone like Williamson but better alongside him. Campbell of a few years ago would have been ideal but that ship has sailed. Someone like Samba would probably fit the bill but I doubt we'd pay what Blackburn would want.

He's a sweeper and ideally needs someone like Williamson but better alongside him. Campbell of a few years ago would have been ideal but that ship has sailed. Someone like Samba would probably fit the bill but I doubt we'd pay what Blackburn would want.

Two strikers, a right winger and a centre back are musts in the summer providing we don't lose anyone.

On the day it went horribly wrong.

Harper and Campbell but fucking shite and at fault for the goals.

The referee was raping us all game too! Tiotes booking was not, and he insisted on giving soft decisions to Stoke and fuck all to us.

But that said, end of the day we were poor out there, very poor. No ariel threat what so ever, no quality from out wide what so ever and very little movement through the middle.

Massively frustrating game.

I've stayed positive for a long time but now we could see us being dragged into the fight.

OK, so on Saturday, this was my first Newcastle game. and TBH it wasn't too bad. I can see where there is greatness and I can see where there is shit.

Barton, Tiote and Nolan looked good. Fergusson didn't look to bad either.

Thought issue was there was no wide players, simpson looked a bit fazed at times.

The back four were not to bad, but campbell looks well past it.

As for the goals, Pardew should have done his home work as the 3rd was a copy of the one they scored against West ham the week before.

As for going forward, the only thing I could see us needing was a couple of wide players as Ami had nothing to feed off all game.

Ah well, roll on the Liverpool game as I might be able to get a ticket for ( In the home end - again.)

A not to disappointed South Cheshire Toon.

why change the formation????

we are not good enough to try new formations should just play the 4 at the back!

All week Pardew has been saying he wont play barton or enrique unless 100%! enrique lasted half hour if that!

the formation was a joke 3 center halfs and drop steven taylor! the only reason taylor had a bad game against everton was because he was out of position.

i hate ashley i dislike pardew but love the players...