Whos imogen of big brother been shagging?

Dafydd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nitwit hits Twitter with writ

By NICK PARKER

Published: Today

A SOCCER star who won an injunction to hide his affair with Big Brother's Imogen Thomas is crazily suing Twitter.

The married Premier League idol, who must remain anonymous, had his name linked to the injunction by a user of the social networking site.

The ace is taking unprecedented High Court action against the US-based service and "persons unknown responsible for the publication of information on the Twitter accounts". His ground-breaking move is the first legal bid to extend the powers of Britain's creeping privacy laws to the internet.

Case papers were filed after widely-reported "tweets" by a mystery source named a number of celebs alleged to have obtained injunctions.

Lawyers for the footballer - said to have won a gagging order to stop Imogen talking about an affair - are now expected to demand that Twitter supply data exposing the source.

The action was revealed as law lords published a year-long review into the use of injunctions and super-injunctions that ruled they should be granted only if "strictly necessary".

Internet leaks of the alleged names have wrecked celebrities' bids to hide sleazy behaviour by paying high-powered lawyers to gag the media. Barristers were anticipating another payday from the ace last night as he launched his attack on Twitter.

The case was filed as Imogen, 28, spoke of her fury at being accused of demanding £100,000 to stop her going public about the fling.

Britain's top privacy judge Mr Justice Eady accepted the blackmail claims without proof as he explained why he had granted an injunction against Imogen and The Sun.

Legal experts last night doubted the star could tame the net. A source at the centre of further alleged web leaks said: "Good luck suing Twitter.

"His lawyer must be laughing at the prospect of cashing in on trying to overturn the US constitution."

More than 140million tweets are sent daily by users around the world.

Player's attempt to sue Twitter backfires

Sat May 21 12:45PM

Thousands of Twitter users are posting the name of the Premier League star who won a super injunction to stop details of his affair going public in protest at the player's attempts to sue the social networking site.

The star began legal proceedings against Twitter in the High Court earlier this week to try and force the firm to release details of users who had named him as the married player who'd had a lengthy affair with former Big Brother contestant Imogen Thomas.

Lawyers have demanded that Twitter hand over the names of users who disclosed the player's name in order that they could pursue legal action against them, and possibly persuade authorities to bring contempt of court action.

The star's name has been splashed all across Twitter for several weeks - as well as being published in several other countries - but given that the site is US-based it seems the married superstar would have little chance of winning the legal battle.

And now the move has backfired completely as his name has been repeatedly re-Tweeted by fans of the site, who are apparently outraged at the attempt to gag their free speech.

"xx xx is suing Twitter. I can't Imogen why," is just one of the messages being repeated over and over on the site

Twitter are yet to comment on the case, but legal experts are highly sceptical about the chances of forcing an American company to pay heed to a British court ruling - particularly given the disarray and confusion surrounding UK privacy laws.

And if the American firm refuse to obey the UK court order, the player would have to reveal his name should he wish to continue his battle: US law states that he would have to sue the company in his own name, whereas in the UK his legal team have been able to hide his identity behind the mysterious initials CTB.

The star's name has been splashed all across Twitter for several weeks - as well as being published in several other countries - but given that the site is US-based it seems the married superstar would have little chance of winning the legal battle.

Wonder what he splashed all across this Imogen lass.

I don't suppose her middle name being Baaaaaarbara had a bearing on the attraction?

I thought the whole idea of said footballer suing Twitter was somewhat self-defeating. If he hadn't been guilty then why would have been suing them anonymously.

I can only think of one player with the now infamous CB initials, and I bet his his cock went boing boing seeing Imogen if it was him.

Frankly, I believe every website in the world should print 'the name' in order to torpedo the whole super-injuction thing that entitles the rich to cover up all sorts of crimes by buying some judge.

I can only think of one player with the now infamous CB initials, and I bet his his cock went boing boing seeing Imogen if it was him.

Frankly, I believe every website in the world should print 'the name' in order to torpedo the whole super-injuction thing that entitles the rich to cover up all sorts of crimes by buying some judge.

That's the way to stick it to them, everywhere and everyone on the net say who it is and lets see them take everyone to court! I did read in the papers that when the guy started action or threat of action against twitter that shitloads of peopel started tweeting about him so he'd have to go after all of them, and fair play to anyone who did that.

So the initials (e.g. CTB) are made up in these cases then as a further barrier.

And what is the TSE story? More shagging?

Although I think famous people should have a private life, justice demands that the press torpedo these super injunctions, as they can be used to cover up much more serious stuff providing they can bribe a friendly judge.

Hate myself for posting on the topic, but ignoring who's fucking who, which I couldn't be less interested in, this is a pretty daring front page...

http://twitpic.com/50z730

They hardly needed a black band that wide, a postage stamp would have done the job quite adequately the beady eyed little fucker.

Incidentally Fergie ought to be more worried about who's shagging his former daughter-in-law and I've got that on good authority from someone who knows her personally.