Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Regards stats you can't always rely on them - particularly assist stats.

I mean against Arsenal Hatem put a couple I the box, one perfect, only for the forwards not to attack them. For one Shola didn't even make a run - to an area he should be running in every time.

He put one on a plate for Cisse against City with a beautiful ball over the top but Cisse couldn't go finish, Gouffran should've done better against Palace.

So yeah - there's chances he's put on a plate people have missed. Plus you should generally count penalties won As an assist - so it can get a bit distorted.

I guess he's saying that Oscar offers a defensive contribution...and has therefore played tweice as much as either of the other 2.

Mourinho taking the same position with Mata as pardew does with Ben Arfa.

Bingo :good:

Thing is Mourinho has Oscar and Schrulle.

Is Oscar playing more because his stats are better as an individual?...or are his WS.com marks better because hes playing more?...and why is he playing more?..

Also some on here often quote Mourinho comments when someone throws doubt on Santon's ability. Mourinho is letting Mata go this month, quite plainly doesn't fancy him one little bit as a player. After his performances last season that's strange to me.

He prefers Oscar cause he runs back sometimes...Said it a couple of times now in interviews. Mata apparently does some magic and then buys an ice cream. Mou's side isn't scoring many goals cause their manager is more interested in who's running back. Mou criteria for buying players now is: "You run back a lot son?" Boring cunt. Chelsea have been really dire to watch till very recently.

Edited by Park Life

Regards stats you can't always rely on them - particularly assist stats.

I mean against Arsenal Hatem put a couple I the box, one perfect, only for the forwards not to attack them. For one Shola didn't even make a run - to an area he should be running in every time.

He put one on a plate for Cisse against City with a beautiful ball over the top but Cisse couldn't go finish, Gouffran should've done better against Palace.

So yeah - there's chances he's put on a plate people have missed. Plus you should generally count penalties won As an assist - so it can get a bit distorted.

When you're considering the lack of players moving into space you have to consider how disheartening it must be for them to do that and then stand watching Ben Arfa take on the same man a couple of more times and then miss the target.

This isn't exclusive to Ben Arfa. Gouffran failed miserably to find either of 3 runners yesterday, but that was down to lack of talent, he tried to find the runner. Ben Arfa more often than not will go it alone until he's in the box and then have a look if he can find time/space to shoot...if not, he'll pass.

Gouffran is a journeyman who's had a couple of good games. Sissoko after the early hype won't be a French regular. Albeit athletic and pacey his passing is very average.

Edited by Park Life

When you're considering the lack of players moving into space you have to consider how disheartening it must be for them to do that and then stand watching Ben Arfa take on the same man a couple of more times and then miss the target.

This isn't exclusive to Ben Arfa. Gouffran failed miserably to find either of 3 runners yesterday, but that was down to lack of talent, he tried to find the runner. Ben Arfa more often than not will go it alone until he's in the box and then have a look if he can find time/space to shoot...if not, he'll pass.

Why doesn't Pard tell Cisse or Mandigobi to make runs to the near post or at least try and get in front of the cd when Hatem comes inside? The pair of them hide behind so many defenders they can't be found by a laser weapon mate. :lol:

Who is the mid that should be runing beyond when Hatem gets the ball? Is this ghost actually on the team sheet?

When we attack I swear we leave about 5 players behind marking nobody or chewing grass on the half way line.

He does miracles cause he HAS TO.

The last time I actually saw one of our strikers pull away from the goal for a cutback was Beardsley 3 million years ago. :lol:

A cursory glance tells you they get very little offensive coaching or positional instructions with regard to attack.

Edited by Park Life

Why doesn't Pard tell Cisse or Mandigobi to make runs to the near post or at least try and get in front of the cd when Hatem comes inside? The pair of them hide behind so many defenders they can't be found by a laser weapon mate. :lol:

Who is the mid that should be runing beyond when Hatem gets the ball? Is this ghost actually on the team sheet?

When we attack I swear we leave about 5 players behind marking nobody or chewing grass on the half way line.

The last time I actually saw one of our strikers pull away from the goal for a cutback was Beardsley 3 million years ago. :lol:

A cursory glance tells you they get very little offensive coaching or positional instructions with regard to attack.

We've scored a couple of goals in the last few games from breaks down the right being cut back in the absence of HBA....

Man U

Sissoko out on the right strode forward before pulling the ball back for Yohan Cabaye to side-foot past David De Gea from the edge of the box at what was once the Scoreboard End. Cue pandemonium in one corner of the ground.

Palace

Yohan Cabaye finished off a low right wing centre from Moussa Sissoko with a side-footed effort that deflected in off home captain Mile Jedinak and in at the Holmesdale End.

We scored another from the right against palace, but the OG was hardly due to attacking pressure on the defender so I'll not include it :lol:

Yeah he got told off for that and put back in deep midfield where he gets back to what he really enjoys moaning and niggling fouls. :lol:

We change formation about 10 times a game so no fucker has any idea where their zone of influence is or who to look for...Cabaye did well further foward and started creeping into the box...I don't understand why he gets put back and Shola starts? Hatem after a long chat with Pard comes on ON THE LEFT a position where he has to leave half his weapons behind. Makes no sense. Why is Santon still taking pot shots or standing near free kicks he can't hit a barn door the size of the world? :lol:

No let's just have a pop at hatem whenever he doesn't score a miracle goal. ;) Sick of it.

Edited by Park Life

Genuinely think we'd be seeing more of HBA if we were playing Remy on the left, Ben Arfa on the right and a reliable predaotry finisher in the centre.

Not a "wondergoal from 30 yards once a season" striker, nor a "stand perfectly still, the defenders' vision is based on movement" striker.

I'd love us to go for a Danny Ings/Jordan Rhodes from the lower leagues, try and get Demba Ba back on loan. How about Finnbogason from Heerenveen who has a Eredivisie total of 41 in 46, and this season has 17 in 15 for a team that isn't Ajax, Eindhoven or Feyenoord?

Edited by The Fish

Genuinely think we'd be seeing more of HBA if we were playing Remy on the left, Ben Arfa on the right and a reliable predaotry finisher in the centre.

Not a "wondergoal from 30 yards once a season" striker, nor a "stand perfectly still, the defenders' vision is based on movement" striker.

I'd love us to go for a Danny Ings/Jordan Rhodes from the lower leagues, try and get Demba Ba back on loan. How about Finnbogason from Heerenveen who has a Eredivisie total of 41 in 46, and this season has 17 in 15 for a team that isn't Ajax, Eindhoven or Feyenoord?

Ba and Hatem worked really well iirc cause Ba is very intelligent in finding good space to get shots off. With the addition of Remy on the wide left forward role we'd be really dangerous against anyone.

So the only reason Remy, Gouffran and Shola make the wrong decisions in the box is because what? Pardew is not telling them how to find space? What drivel, all these players know their trade, they don't need to be told how to do what they've done since being kids. Pardew is not 'reminding them'? Hardly. Pardew is not explaining how to deal with being marked? See above. Pardew is not explaining how to deal with new dangled marking systems only deployed by our premiership opponents?

What is it exactly you imagine a coach can tell a player about finding space? Time your run better? Go near or far post but decide early and take the risk? Make a dummy run and then pull back into space. Now we've exhausted the rocket science that is 'finding space in a penalty area' is there something in there that requires a special skill of coaching?

Of course there isnt. Performance of a striker has little to do with coaching once the ball is being delivered into the box. The tactics deployed by a manager dictate the frequency, quality and number of players on the end of those balls. The performance of e.g. Remy is 99% confidence, focus, relaxed and calm mind, thriving on the pressure and atmosphere. All the things that allow a player to make the right decisions. Making the wrong run or being static has nothing to do with 'knowing what to because the coaching staff told you' and everything to do with mental performance. The single most important role of the coach / manager.

I'm surprised you think our attackers are making bad decisions because Pardew has not explained the basics of attacking. A very odd point of view when you think about it.

I agree with Fish that's our strongest attack. Remy is best coming in from the left & obviously Hatem is best coming in from the right & both scare teams.

Even if it's teams doubling up on one of them to create space for the other.

Obviously a more conservative approach has won us some big matches but we can attack a lot better with the right approach.

Don't get me wrong, that attacking line up may well struggle against teams where we haven't the ball for large periods and the fullbacks will be exposed, which isn't a huge problem for Debuchy (as long as he stays on his feet), but Santon will be relying on Tiote's assistance a lot.

Aye. It worked great in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIS-xsl3rFs

At least 2 chances, one early on and one at 5:15 that a proper striker would have finished. First one is just a 50p head, but the second is further evidence that Cisse isn't making the right runs. He's not gambling in the box.

I loved that Shola video :lol: although it does make me wonder how he's managed to win successive contracts from us. Certainly a new forward would be the best way to really see if HBA can make a difference for us or not. I'd agree with Fish in terms of how to set the team up.

Shola is 'amazing in training' he knows the basics of finding space and scoring. Doing it on the big stage is another thing entirely. Calling out Shola's record doesn't change the utter facileness of pretending a striker's movement is a function of the coach's instructions. A striker's movement is one of te lost natural elements of his game and the reason why he is playing professional football in the first place. Or are you suggesting Parky needs to nip down to the training ground to explain how one human being ends up in a different physical space to another? It's nonsense.

Problem is a new striker can make all the runs in the world but if HBA chooses to dribble a bit more or shoot himself a point comes when you just don't know how to play with him.

Shearer would have had 50% less goals if he'd had to 2nd guess Ben Arfa.

Shola is 'amazing in training' he knows the basics of finding space and scoring. Doing it on the big stage is another thing entirely. Calling out Shola's record doesn't change the utter facileness of pretending a striker's movement is a function of the coach's instructions. A striker's movement is one of te lost natural elements of his game and the reason why he is playing professional football in the first place. Or are you suggesting Parky needs to nip down to the training ground to explain how one human being ends up in a different physical space to another? It's nonsense.

We'd be top if I popped down the training ground bro and you know it.

Problem is a new striker can make all the runs in the world but if HBA chooses to dribble a bit more or shoot himself a point comes when you just don't know how to play with him.

Shearer would have had 50% less goals if he'd had to 2nd guess Ben Arfa.

Military grade. :lol:

Anyway I'm just frustrated we didn't put a side shot of confidence and no manager away. Generally speaking we're having a decent season...It's just my opinion that Hatem should start even if it is just the home games for now. The lift he gives the crowd and the players is worth a goal alone.

Shearer would have had 50% less goals if he'd played 50% less games.

FYP :good: