Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

So, you guys are making fun of my Canadian english, eh?! :doh::blind:

Well I bet Hatem Ben Arfa doesn't call his mom MAM!!! :handbags::razz:

Probably why he's currently not at his best.

So, you guys are making fun of my Canadian english, eh?! :doh::blind:

Well I bet Hatem Ben Arfa doesn't call his mom MAM!!! :handbags::razz:

:lol:

Actually far more chance of Ben Arfa calling his mother 'mam' than 'mom' or indeed the Southern 'mum'.

doddDM2312_228x280.jpg

Bloke used to get changed in the locker room of an old workplace of mine and he always said out aloud to nobody in particular, "I see Ken Dodd died." Somebody would always say "Did he?!" To which he would reply, "No, Doddy".

(It was south of the river). ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Trying too hard to impress the manager when he comes on due to having such a limited time to make an impact/make things happen when we're getting beat. Sure we can all agree 10 minute cameos here or there aren't the best way to judge a player's contribution to the team. Especially when he's proven here if he's given a run of games starting he'll be more than good enough for us.

Trying too hard to impress the manager when he comes on due to having such a limited time to make an impact/make things happen when we're getting beat. Sure we can all agree 10 minute cameos here or there aren't the best way to judge a player's contribution to the team. Especially when he's proven here if he's given a run of games starting he'll be more than good enough for us.

Cheers Tooj. Aye that's how he looked last time I properly watched him. Seems almost wound / sent out to get the wonder goal.

Cheers Tooj. Aye that's how he looked last time I properly watched him. Seems almost wound / sent out to get the wonder goal.

I think that's pretty much it at the moment. I know this sounds contradictory but despite his composure on the ball he also seems very anxious when he comes on simply because he's that desperate to impress. That's always been something that he has faced throughout his career his own anxiety issues make him desperate to impress, especially now due to his age he knows he hasn't really got that long left at the top level so is trying to make up for that if you like.

I think that's pretty much it at the moment. I know this sounds contradictory but despite his composure on the ball he also seems very anxious when he comes on simply because he's that desperate to impress. That's always been something that he has faced throughout his career his own anxiety issues make him desperate to impress, especially now due to his age he knows he hasn't really got that long left at the top level so is trying to make up for that if you like.

Aye, that's a good point about his own issues. You can tell by how happy he was / is here, that happiness is more important to him than chasing the pay check / big move.

Probably the best and worst thing for him personally would be a fresh start elsewhere.

Must personally be hard to take in a World Cup year surrounded by lads who are going.