Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Why put him on the left ffs!

Just makes me angry when he's told to stay on the left which ultimately rids him of half his bag of tricks. I can't for the life of me understand why he gets put there...Crossing?

The sad truth is Ben Arfa is more Jonas than Ben Arfa these days.

The player people long to see come to fruition doesn't really exist. His outstanding individual goals are very few and his assist ratio is probably low compared to a lot less gifted players within the league.

Sadly he is the definition itself of a one trick pony and when that trick doesn't come off, there's little else.

You only have to think of players like Solano who wasn't as gifted, but was a much better player to have in the team.

Time to find a new Nobby.

You shouldn't really need to get to statty when you are discussing a player like him. His performances are there for all to see and the fact you need to include the likes of assists against Morecambe to bolster your argument shows the straws you are clasping at.

In the Prem it's 3 goals and 2 assists. Very poor for the most creative player at the club.

The sad truth is Ben Arfa is more Jonas than Ben Arfa these days. The player people long to see come to fruition doesn't really exist. His outstanding individual goals are very few and his assist ratio is probably low compared to a lot less gifted players within the league.Sadly he is the definition itself of a one trick pony and when that trick doesn't come off, there's little else.You only have to think of players like Solano who wasn't as gifted, but was a much better player to have in the team.Time to find a new Nobby.

What absolute bollocks. "One trick pony", aye I think that's what defenders think when facing him.

Just makes me angry when he's told to stay on the left which ultimately rids him of half his bag of tricks. I can't for the life of me understand why he gets put there...Crossing?

I guess because it was an early change he wanted the same sort of system with a bit more creativity...so he went like for like replacing Gouffran.

I've been the first to criticise Pardew for changing our whole approach with each substitution, so i won't criticise him for that, but if he did want Ben Arfa to win us the game while retaining the system you would think he would have replaced Sissoko and gone right like, where he can do most damage.

Sissoko seenms to be the new Gutierrez. Undroppable.

Ben Arfa is 26, theres a world cup this year he's not going to and he's playing for a side who might just possibly sneak into a Europa League place.

Pardew clearly doesn't trust him as far as he can throw him after seemingly/allegedly getting him to play the way he wants about 18 months ago?

The only way we'll find out if he's a genius or a waster is if a better manager buys him and gets more out of him than Pardew apparently can or wants to.

Having said all that yesterday shouldn't be brought into the argument when he was blatantly played out of position and was easily marked out of the game when we went down to ten men, none of which was his fault. He certainly stayed in position for the whole time he was on the pitch, which suggests several things, to me anyway. He could have played more off the cuff, come inside and tried to influence the game more but didn't, so he's either doing exactly as he's told regardless of how he sees the game to get back in favour with Pardew and in doing so hoisting the manager by his own "tactically inept" pertard, or he just doesn't give enough ot a fuck to try and change it off his own bat, which iyam he is capable of v opposition such as WBA yesterday who hadn't won in two months.

Ok just the premiership then, 3 goals and two assists in 9 games, thats a 1 in 3 ratio for goals and say one in 5 for assists

and with 2 assists he's joint second assist stat wise in our team with vastly less time on the pitch than his counterparts.

Our top scorer is remy with 10, when you don't have strikers banging them in properly other players stats suffer, and we've witnessed some horror show misses in front of goal, we've scored 25 as a team minus his goals, removing how many of those were then penalty's or freekicks (which i'd say would be maybe 7 at a guess)

so out of the 18 goals left from 20 games of which he's only been on the pitch for less than half of them apparently he's got a better ratio than everyone else and the only person with a better number of assists than him is sisssoko who has 4 assists and played all 20

Hatem has been playing with the handicap of not having a proper striker to aim at or even more than one player in the box most of the time. :lol:

You shouldn't really need to get to statty when you are discussing a player like him. His performances are there for all to see and the fact you need to include the likes of assists against Morecambe to bolster your argument shows the straws you are clasping at.

In the Prem it's 3 goals and 2 assists. Very poor for the most creative player at the club.

So how many prem minutes has he played?

Nasri who is a comparable player arguably in the best side has 15 starts 4 goals and 3 assists. Think that puts Hatem into context. ;)

Accurate/Total Passes

Ben Arfa 284/339 (877 minutes) - Pass every 2 1/2 minutes, successful one every 3 minutes.

Nasri 893/984 (1300 minutes) - Pass every 1 minute 20 seconds, successful one every 1 1/2 minutes.

Dribbles

Ben Arfa - 47 - Dribble every 18 minutes

Nasri - 32 - Dribble every 40 minutes

Hilarious considering your Marveaux stats based advocacy in the past.

Hard to compare them sadly when nasri has arguably the best midfield and strike force in the league moving with him though lol

How many passes do city make in a match in comparison to us in the final third :P

Man City make 29% of their passes in the final 3rd. With an average of 500 short passes per game that's 145.

NUFC are on 26% of 378. Which is 98. About two thirds as many.

HBA

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/10194/

Mata

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/25363

Oscar

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/41065

Now which ones are only starting from the bench again?.... #awaits annihilation from the forum "trendies" with almost certain use of "not the same sort of players"#

Edited by PaddockLad

I guess he's saying that Oscar offers a defensive contribution...and has therefore played twice as much as either of the other 2.

Mourinho taking the same position with Mata as Pardew does with Ben Arfa.

Is Oscar playing more because his stats are better as an individual?...or are his WS.com marks better because hes playing more?...and why is he playing more?..

Also some on here often quote Mourinho comments when someone throws doubt on Santon's ability. Mourinho is letting Mata go this month, quite plainly doesn't fancy him one little bit as a player. After his performances last season that's strange to me.