Charles N'zogbia keen on a move back to NUFC

jamie_gordon

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know thats why i was pulling your leg!

how about James Perch instead?

I would rather not see that pepperami impersonating shitehawk ever play for us again :lol:

Perch_2497050.jpg41607_6438462002_9340_n.jpg

Edited by GeeForce

Ireland* on the edges of that, too

*I know he's returned to Villa, but I could see us picking him up

hmmmmmm....great at Man City but seems to have lost his way. Anyhow new Villia manager coming in who might give him a chance.

Magpies quoted £12m for Charles N'Zogbia

NEWCASTLE United will have to spend a huge chunk of their summer transfer budget to bring Charles N’Zogbia back to St James’ Park after Wigan Athletic told them they want £12million for the winger.

Although the Latics will sell for £9m to a club playing in the Champions League next season, they have told other suitors – including Sunderland – that the price will be considerably more, as they believe those Premier League clubs are direct rivals in the bid to beat the drop.

Newcastle have been informed it will take them an extra £3m to persuade Wigan to part with their prize asset, even though the 25-year-old – sold by Newcastle for just £6m two-and-a-half years ago – has made it clear that he wants to leave the DW Stadium.

Should the Magpies land the winger it would make the France international the most expensive player signed by Mike Ashley, beating the £10.3m splashed out on Fabricio Coloccini in 2008.

Despite the age of austerity supposedly ushered in by Newcastle’s controversial owner, they have not been immediately put off by the size of the fee or the player’s wage demands which, The Journal understands, will start at £55,000-a-week.

That means their interest in Ivory Coast international Gervinho remains a watching brief, although he is still a more than attractive alternative.

Despite the fact fees of £12 and £15m have been quoted in France in recent days, Newcastle know the Lille star has an £8m release clause in his contract.

He remains a viable target, but reports that he has already agreed to sign for the Magpies appear to be premature, with claims that Arsenal are his preferred destination refusing to go away.

As things stand, N’Zogbia remains one of Magpies manager Alan Pardew’s main targets this window, joining L’Orient striker Kevin Gameiro at the top of their wanted list.

With a £4.5m offer accepted for Lille midfielder Yohan Cabaye, a £10m offer accepted for Gameiro – who scored for France against Ukraine last night – and £12m needed for N’Zogbia, Newcastle will have spent virtually all of the £35m received for Andy Carroll if they land all three of them when wages are included.

Whether there would be enough money left to pay for Gervinho as well is debatable and may explain why Pardew has looked elsewhere for other parts of his summer strengthening project.

There is a £5m offer for Reading striker Shane Long on the table while the club made a £1m bid made for Swansea left-back Neil Taylor last night.

The big problem with N’Zogbia is the

amount competition from rival Premier League clubs. Liverpool are monitoring the situation closely, while Aston Villa have identified him as a possible replacement for Manchester United-bound Ashley Young.

Sunderland’s interest is long-standing and their manager Steve Bruce thought he had all but signed the player in January, only to be told to wait until that summer when there would be money available.

That delay may prove to be costly, particularly if reports Tottenham Hotspur are also in the running for a player who was Sir Bobby Robson’s final signing as Newcastle manager are true.

N’Zogbia, currently on holiday in America, has told friends that he is not in a rush to make a decision and will assess his options when he knows who is willing to match Wigan’s demands.

That decision is likely to be at least another fortnight away.

Should the N’Zogbia deal prove to be too expensive for a Newcastle board which is always looking for value for money, they will look to Gervinho instead – that is despite some misgivings about his and Cheik Tiote’s departure for the African Cup of Nations next January.

7th Jun 2011

Wigan star Charles N'Zogbia says he wants to join an ambitious club who will be challenging for honours.

The Latics winger is currently with the French squad after he was handed a recall by Laurent Blanc, after a brilliant end to the Premier League season.

Now N'Zogbia is gearing up for the summer which he is hoping will include a big move.

The former Newcastle star has been strongly linked with a return to Tyneside, with North East rivals Sunderland and Liverpool are also thought to be very keen.

But N'Zogbia has warned any suitors that he wants to make sure he joins a side challenging for silverware.

"It is true that over the last two years at Wigan, our goal has been to stay in the Premier League and it is tough and it has been a bit detrimental to me," he told Sport France.

"It is a bit of a disadvantage to me, but I always give my best for whichever team I am with.

"I have one-year left on my contract, and after two-years I think the coach and the owner are satisfied with what I have produced.

"Now they know that I want to sign with a bigger club, with bigger goals who can play in Europe and also help me with France.

"I said to them that if I am still at Wigan then I would give them 200 per cent, as I am loyal to the club.

"But they have opted for a transfer and I hope it will happen under good conditions and that everyone will be happy."

N'Zogbia underlined that he wants to join a club with big ambition and admitted that he wanted to stay in Premier League, but he would consider moves to France, Spain or Italy too.

"A big club for me is one that plays in Europe, and which has the goal of winning the title - that may be in England, France, Spain or Italy," he continued.

"I left France at the age of 18, and I have been in the Premier League for six or seven years and I have evolved in the Premier League, I am familiar with that and I have learned the customs of that league and I feel good.

"So it is the Premier League first for me, after that France, Spain or Italy - I have seen them on television and it would be a new challenge."

so he wants to go to a team challenging for silverware. next plz :rolleyes:

12m - they're trying it on. He's got a year to run on his contract and they've got absolutely no hope of keeping him thereafter. He's not the sort of player you'd like to be relying on to keep you from relegation.

buying him back for over twice what we sold him for would be a shocking piece of business. can't see it happening.

good player and worth the money but he wants silverware so thats that, or is it?

tbf (and I dont say this often/never) if we went out and spent 12m on a player the manager wants yet only has 1 year left on his contract then Id see that as an intent to push for honours.

Id also have to get a t-shirt made :rolleyes: