Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

They've already spoiled the fact that Arya's not going to die yet;

arya-jump.gif

She'll recover somehow (maybe a little self-surgery?), maybe meet up with that acting troupe who'll help her get back to Westeros?

Has anyone seen the fan theory that Arya and the waif are a Tyler Durden thing?

There's a similar theory about Theon and someone else at Winterfell in the books. I seriously doubt either of them.

Arya's actions in this episode were a bit odd though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to what happened than meets the eye. Either she had some sort of plan for this to fake her death and get free of the faceless men, or Jacquen maybe up to something with the waif. You would certainly think it's difficult for her just to survive an attack from a faceless man without some seriously good medial help.

Has anyone seen the fan theory that Arya and the waif are a Tyler Durden thing?

Makes me think of a Cynaide & Happiness like this one, but not this one...

neverhaveiever.png

Love the idea that she's been driven completely tonto by all the shit she's had since she was 8 or something though. Since leaving the Hound she's basically been lying in her own piss in an alley.

Thought this week's was good again. Would like to have seen the waif die even though they setup the blind fury thing the other week with Arya's sleeping place.

They seem to be in two minds about Jaime by hinting he's going to be "honourable" but on a couple of times this season making it clear he only gives a fuck about Cersei.

Seems strange the slave masters would attack as I think they got a good deal from Tyrion but I guess it's a plot device.

There's a similar theory about Theon and someone else at Winterfell in the books. I seriously doubt either of them.

Arya's actions in this episode were a bit odd though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to what happened than meets the eye. Either she had some sort of plan for this to fake her death and get free of the faceless men, or Jacquen maybe up to something with the waif. You would certainly think it's difficult for her just to survive an attack from a faceless man without some seriously good medial help.

What's that then?

Thought this week's was good again. Would like to have seen the waif die even though they setup the blind fury thing the other week with Arya's sleeping place.

They seem to be in two minds about Jaime by hinting he's going to be "honourable" but on a couple of times this season making it clear he only gives a fuck about Cersei.

Seems strange the slave masters would attack as I think they got a good deal from Tyrion but I guess it's a plot device.

As soon as I saw her going down the steps it was obvious she was luring the Waif to her death. Not bothered about them not showing the actual death though, we've seen Arya and the Waif scrapping loads, so I didn't miss it. Killing the candle was a nice beat though. Hoping that she's headed straight for Winterfell, it'd be a lovely moment if she's the one that drives Needle through Ramsay.

I like that it's not cut and dry with most of the characters, Jaime seems to be struggling against the demons and now and again he looks like someone who's just realised he's acting dishonourably and takes steps to fix that. Dragontits is the same; she wants to be the caricature of a Queen that she has in her mind but sometimes she's just your typical young lass with Dragons.

The deal they struck with Tyrion was ok, but they've the more powerful army, they would have been confident that they could take the city whenever they fancied, so why not lull Tyrion into a false sense of security.

What do you reckon the rumour is, where do you think Varys is going and next episode looks like it'll be the Battle of the Bastards, will Littlefinger turn up in time?

I think the rumour was how much wildfire is in the city - I think Bran's vision and Jaime's reference to burning cities to the ground don't bode well for King's Landing. It's not as if Cersei care about the plebs.

The trailer suggests a bad day for Jon going by his face but that could be how he'd look in victory when he realises the cost or maybe finding Rickon.

What's that then?

As soon as I saw her going down the steps it was obvious she was luring the Waif to her death. Not bothered about them not showing the actual death though, we've seen Arya and the Waif scrapping loads, so I didn't miss it. Killing the candle was a nice beat though. Hoping that she's headed straight for Winterfell, it'd be a lovely moment if she's the one that drives Needle through Ramsay.

I like that it's not cut and dry with most of the characters, Jaime seems to be struggling against the demons and now and again he looks like someone who's just realised he's acting dishonourably and takes steps to fix that. Dragontits is the same; she wants to be the caricature of a Queen that she has in her mind but sometimes she's just your typical young lass with Dragons.

The deal they struck with Tyrion was ok, but they've the more powerful army, they would have been confident that they could take the city whenever they fancied, so why not lull Tyrion into a false sense of security.

What do you reckon the rumour is, where do you think Varys is going and next episode looks like it'll be the Battle of the Bastards, will Littlefinger turn up in time?

I watched last weeks episode again on Sunday and was convinced there was more going on with Arya. Everything about her seemed wrong. The way she was walking, walking about in broad daylight without a care in the world, no sign of Needle, even the way she talked. It just seemed like she was acting like the waif rather than herself. I was really disapointed with her scenes, it was ridiculous really. She get fooled by the waif disguised as an old bint then gets stabbed in the guts three times by her (a trained assassin), escapes and goes to the most obvious place she could where she luckil finds that the actress is a master surgeon who can repair her to the point she's Lous Smith, jumping about all over the place. It just stretched credibility well beyond breaking point. Fortunately I did think the idea of her turning out the lights and using the darkness against the waif was good.

Regarding Jamie, I don't think they've done his arc as well in the show. In the books there's a clear wedge driven between him and Cersei after Tyrion tells him that she's been sleeping with Lancel and the Kettlebacks. This combined with Brienne dragging the honor out of him changes him a lot more than in the show. He's still far too stuck on Cersei in the show for my liking.

I know Cersei burns the Tower of the Hand in the books, but I don't remember her doing that in the show. It'd be Cersei's MO to destroy the Sept or wherever to "win", forgetting that it'll cause more problems later on.

Agree with DK about the Jamie plot, I much prefer the book's take, but perhaps they're trying to reestablish their connection before her actions break it forever?

I think the whitewalkers are going to show up in next week's battle.

Really?

Can't see it, they'd have had to get past The Wall which is apparently all kinds of magic-deabolted and magic-triple locked and magically-on the chain and all that.

It was until Bran fucked up by getting touched by The Night's King.

Yeah, but I don't think the Walkers will; reach the Wall, breach the Wall, get South to Winterfell, by next episode. Certainly not without the episode spending a decent amount of time showing them do it and the trailer suggests it;ll be mostly the battle at Winterfell.