no deal for Joey

Knackers

Does he have to come out with any anti-Ashley stories? Ashley and Llambias do a good enough job of that themselves.

Joey Barton has always said what he thinks, this is not a new trend. Nothing he has said has been that controversial and I'd be willing to bet that everything he says has more of a grounding in reality than what comes out of the club.

If Mike Ashley wants to stop people pointing out stupid things that he has done then he should stop doing stupid things, not try to silence people speaking out.

Getting rid of Barton because he's said something that got someone offside is akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

exactly

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i doubt it's a massive coincidence that its two of our biggest earners in barton and enrique that could be on their way out. i suspect big mike's wanted their £60k+ a week each off the bill for a while now.

Guest alex
i doubt it's a massive coincidence that its two of our biggest earners in barton and enrique that could be on their way out. i suspect big mike's wanted their £60k+ a week each off the bill for a while now.

Given their contract lengths it's time to cash in from the club's pov. Fair enough if their replacements are as good / better but it's a high risk strategy imo and one which will probably lead to often flirting with relegation if it's done over a long-ish period. We weren't that far off going down this year (not that we were ever really in danger of that as we always managed to keep our head above water) and we had freakish away form in a very strange season all round (same amount of wins as the champions despite being the lowest scorers). I also think the team spirit was a big factor in the season gone and a revolving door policy can hardly help matters there.

Edited by alex

Given their contract lengths it's time to cash in from the club's pov. Fair enough if their replacements are as good / better but it's a high risk strategy imo and one which will probably lead to often flirting with relegation if it's done over a long-ish period. We weren't that far off going down this year (not that we were ever really in danger of that as we always managed to keep our head above water) and we had freakish away form in a very strange season all round (same amount of wins as the champions despite being the lowest scorers). I also think the team spirit was a big factor in the season gone and a revolving door policy can hardly help matters there.

It also badly affects future incomings. Whos going to want to come to a club not knowing who youre going to be playing alongside and being unsure about your future? Its maybe fair enough if we were Man U or Chelsea and the lure of winning stuff would draw them in but funnily enough we're not. What is there to attract players? in the past it was to work under the likes of KK and SBR and to play alongside top players. Can you imagine any player signing and saying "I came because the idea of playing alongside Leon Best and James Perch excites me"

It sends out the wrong message to players and will make contract negotiations of those we want to keep (if there are any)very difficult. Will Nolan, Colo and Jonas want to hang around once JB and Enrique go?

It sends out the wrong message to players and will make contract negotiations of those we want to keep (if there are any)very difficult. Will Nolan, Colo and Jonas want to hang around once JB and Enrique go?

Why would Given/Nzogbia hang about if we were selling the likes of Milner?

Why would Bassong/Beye hang about if we were selling the likes of Given/Nzogbia ?

Why would Carroll hang about if we were selling all of the above?

Why will Barton/Enrique hang about if we're selling the likes of Carroll?

Why will Nolan/Colo/Jonas/Tiote hang about if we're selling the likes of Barton/Enrique?

etc.

In fairness...Ashley signed everyone in those last couple of rows, so he has shown that his replacements can be a good standard.

Einstein you like.

Still hilarious to see you now trotting out what you gave me flak for saying ages ago, and actually blocking me for it too.

• 2 months later...
Completely misses the point though. Getting £35m for Carroll was a no-brainer. What pisses people off is the belief it won't be reinvested in terms of new personnel.

I understand that, but I cant be arsed to get into drama mode just yet. Maybe if the situations the same come the first game of the season.

Why are you still being a thick fucking cunt now that none of the money had been spent?

If you can't stick with what you said previously You're a wum fuckwit.

Completely misses the point though. Getting £35m for Carroll was a no-brainer. What pisses people off is the belief it won't be reinvested in terms of new personnel.

I understand that, but I cant be arsed to get into drama mode just yet. Maybe if the situations the same come the first game of the season.

Why are you still being a thick fucking cunt now that none of the money had been spent?

Oh dear, Pissed on holiday :clapping:

I think we have new personnel to drama queen. We havent got a new striker, nobodys happy about that. But we have got some very good players in.

Off to bed with you.

I think we have new personnel to drama queen. We havent got a new striker, nobodys happy about that. But we have got some very good players in.

Off to bed with you.

Sober as a judge, but if I was pissed, i'd be sober in the morning you'd still be a fucking arsehole. None of the Carroll money spent at all and you're still giving it the twatty twist, despite saying yourself he'd be a cunt to spend none of it.

You're a shambles man. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

Off to bed with you.

Sober as a judge, but if I was pissed, i'd be sober in the morning you'd still be a fucking arsehole. None of the Carroll money spent at all and you're still giving it the twatty twist, despite saying yourself he'd be a cunt to spend none of it.

The twatty twist!

Saying that the world has stopped because we didnt get a striker....Give over.

If we'd signed a striker, most including me would have put it down as a fairly decent window. You and a few others wouldnt, because for you it was all about 35 mill or nowt.

Some of us have moved on and live in the real world. Some of us would be delighted if they had spent it all as they said at the time, but I think we've all known for quite some time that wasnt going to be the case.

You can cry in your pillow all night about a striker we havent signed. I'm disappointed but tomorrow we will still have 7 points, Cabaye, Marveaux, Santon, Ba, Obertan, Albeid etc.

Honestly your acting like a sad act. Nobodys saying they are great, nobody's happy we haven't signed a striker.

QPR's former Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton on Twitter: "Nice to see Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias come through with their promise to reinvest Andy Carroll money, £59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons... ambition???"

CT, I don't mean this aggressively (don't even live in the north east) but from what little I know of you, you work in newcastle as a taxi driver, have posted your pic on here, and carry on constantly with this patter with other geordies. has it never occured to you that someone might take it upon themselves to beat you into a coma some night when there's nothing good on telly?

Off to bed with you.

The twatty twist!

If we'd signed a striker, most including me would have put it down as a fairly decent window. You and a few others wouldnt, because for you it was all about 35 mill or nowt.

Some of us have moved on and live in the real world. Some of us would be delighted if they had spent it all as they said at the time, but I think we've all known for quite some time that wasnt going to be the case.

You can cry in your pillow all night about a striker we havent signed. I'm disappointed but tomorrow we will still have 7 points, Cabaye, Marveaux, Santon, Ba, Obertan, Albeid etc.

Honestly your acting like a sad act. Nobodys saying they are great, nobody's happy we haven't signed a striker.

Since you've said there that signing ANY other strikers would have made it fairly decent (at best) you'll agree its been a totally wasted opportunity given that we haven't done that.

CT, I don't mean this aggressively (don't even live in the north east) but from what little I know of you, you work in newcastle as a taxi driver, have posted your pic on here, and carry on constantly with this patter with other geordies. has it never occured to you that someone might take it upon themselves to beat you into a coma some night when there's nothing good on telly?

Put someone into a coma because there's different views amongst fans over a football club both parties support. A bit sad really.

Off to bed with you.

The twatty twist!

Since you've said there that signing ANY other strikers would have made it fairly decent (at best) you'll agree its been a totally wasted opportunity given that we haven't done that.

No disagreement from me there. Its a major disappointment. But that doesnt mean I think we are suddenly doomed or feel the need to start relegation threads!

ffs I've only just got a season ticket back again.

Put someone into a coma because there's different views amongst fans over a football club both parties support. A bit sad really.

aye, fuck all to do with answering the question though

You may be better off not drinking kool aid and battery acid before going to pubs on Saturdays.

Off to bed with you.

The twatty twist!

t

No disagreement from me there. Its a major disappointment. But that doesnt mean I think we are suddenly doomed or feel the need to start relegation threads!

ffs I've only just got a season ticket back again.

I've not started any relegation threads. All I've done is throw your own posts back at you. You're the daft bastard disagreeing with the 3 months younger CT.

aye, fuck all to do with answering the question though

If I thought this place contained the sort of wankers that were serious about trying to put someone in a coma over different views on football, I wouldnt be on here.