Official Toontastic Prediction Tracker

Happy Face

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardoo to be out by Christmas 2011

I think the talentless wanker will take us into the Championship. After all he has no pride or self esteem and just wants to get some dosh whilst FCB reams his arsehole.

Inclined to agree, I've never been convinced by him. He was on the scrapheap when he got the job and can't leave at least till he's got some credibility back as a manager. Till then he will repeatedly take it up the catflap and thank them for it, whilst pretending he's the boss to the press and players.

To me, this Barton episode has reiterated how little involvement he has in the real decisions - a few days ago he was talking about Barton as the creative force for Demba Ba to score from, now he's suddenly gone, I suspect to Pardoo's surprise.

I think Pardoo's known from day one that he'll be required to work with what he is provided and get on with it.

He'll just trot out the line that he's like a continental coach, he manages the players the controller of the purse strings gives him and he's happy to do so. Disappointed to lose quality like that...but quality has been brought in too. Stay positive etc.

So far in his career, Pardew has been involved in several controversial issues and events. In 2003, the BBC described him as being a "dangerous and distant animal" in the media, referring to his public relations abilities, which has led him to making several rash comments.[35] When at West Ham, the club employed a media advisor for Pardew to help him win over sceptical fans.[1] The following is a list of controversies Pardew has been involved in:

In September 2003, Pardew resigned from Reading after being refused permission to become manager at West Ham. Reading's chairman John Madejski attempted to create an injunction in the High Court to prevent him from moving to West Ham. Eventually Reading's legal action was dropped, and Pardew joined West Ham after a period of gardening leave.[6]

In December 2005, Pardew stated a public interest in Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson, without informing Palace manager Iain Dowie.[36]

In March 2006, Pardew had a dispute with Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, after he criticised Arsenal for failing to field an English player in their UEFA Champions League win against Real Madrid.[37] Wenger suggested that Pardew was being xenophobic,[38] a claim Pardew denied, citing his marriage to a Swedish wife.[39]

In November 2006, Pardew had another dispute with Wenger after celebrating West Ham's win over Arsenal.[40] Wenger claimed he was "provoked" into pushing Pardew after Pardew's celebrations at West Ham's late win.[41] Wenger was later fined by the Football Association,[42] whilst Pardew was cleared of the charges in January 2007.[43]

In February 2007, shortly before Pardew's new club Charlton faced West Ham, The Sun published a report documenting a video of one of Pardew's media training sessions he took whilst manager at West Ham. In the video, Pardew jokingly made several disparaging comments about West Ham's fans.[44]

In October 2007, Pardew intervened on the pitch in a match against Hull City to try and break up a confrontation between Charlton and Hull players after Lloyd Sam and Ian Ashbee were sent-off. Pardew denied he made the situation worse by intervening.[45]

In March 2009, on Match of the Day 2 Pardew stated that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien "absolutely rapes" Man City player Ched Evans during a midfield tussle for the ball, in the sense that he bested him physically.[46] The BBC said there will be no on-air apology, despite 35 viewer complaints, insisting it had been misheard as "rakes", and expressing no certainty that Pardew would appear, or not appear on the show again.[47]

;) That home top better be cheap because if Barton fucks off and Ben Arfa is out, we're not beating the Mackems.

http://www.pressforgoods.com/english-premi...tle-united.html

£8 here for a decent Thai fake.

:D They deserve to have this one ripped off too like given that the official replica jersey looks like the worst fake going.

The way things are going for Arsenal with Fabregas, Clichy and possibly Nasri on the way out and no signings so far I reckon they could be in for a really bad season (I imagine Wenger will buy one centre back like Cahill and think thatll be enough).

I'll predict this to be Wenger's last season as Arsenal manager.

Poll on Arsenal-Mania site. At 5pm 47% said "time for Wenger to go", 40% said no, 13% unsure.

Not to question fans of a club who know the ins and outs better than me, but it seems mental that only 2 fifths support wenger.

Do they think all their past success was down to Rioch signing Bergkamp?

Latest update....

Christmas Tree

29/05/11 - Spurs are finished. They are on the way down with no CL money. They'll finish below us next season.

30/05/11 - Barton wont play for us again Barton played against Arsenal on the opening day.

04/07/11 - Joey Barton to be Captain Coloccini announced 08/07

04/07/11 - There will be lots of transfer activity this week. Nobody was signed.

Good luck on the remaining one CT.

Amazingly, we were injury free amongst the new signings on Saturday....

Papa Lazaru

22/06/11 - We won't be relegated

22/06/11 - We'll have a better home record than last season (more points/more wins)

22/06/11 - We won't win more games away than last season

22/06/11 - At least one of the new singings will be injured pre-season and miss the big kick off (i know this is a no brainer to be fair!) Only Ben Arfa was unavailable for selection on the opening day.

22/06/11 - Not including Neil Taylor we will sign at least two more players that aren't free

This is all I can find from .com

Steve Harper wasn't included in the matchday 18, while also missing were Alan Smith, Sylvain Marveaux, Shane Ferguson, Nile Ranger, Hatem Ben Arfa & Danny Guthrie.  

This is all I can find from .com

Steve Harper wasn't included in the matchday 18, while also missing were Alan Smith, Sylvain Marveaux, Shane Ferguson, Nile Ranger, Hatem Ben Arfa & Danny Guthrie.  

Aye. I checked there but only Ben Arfa is injured amongst them...and on physioroom.

The way things are going for Arsenal with Fabregas, Clichy and possibly Nasri on the way out and no signings so far I reckon they could be in for a really bad season (I imagine Wenger will buy one centre back like Cahill and think thatll be enough).

I'll predict this to be Wenger's last season as Arsenal manager.

Poll on Arsenal-Mania site. At 5pm 47% said "time for Wenger to go", 40% said no, 13% unsure.

Not to question fans of a club who know the ins and outs better than me, but it seems mental that only 2 fifths support wenger.

Do they think all their past success was down to Rioch signing Bergkamp?

It's ridiculous isn't it? He's obviously a stubborn annoying old git but he's their most successful manager of all time and considering the money Chelsea/City/ManU/Liverpool spend they've done incredibly well. Someone told me that only ourselves and someone like Blackburn have a lower net spend than Arsenal over the last 5 years.

The whole thing reminds me of the latter stages of Bobby's time here. Be careful what you wish for Arsenal fans, great managers don't grow on trees.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Latest update....

Christmas Tree

29/05/11 - Spurs are finished. They are on the way down with no CL money. They'll finish below us next season.

30/05/11 - Barton wont play for us again Barton played against Arsenal on the opening day.

04/07/11 - Joey Barton to be Captain Coloccini announced 08/07

04/07/11 - There will be lots of transfer activity this week. Nobody was signed.

Good luck on the remaining one CT.

Thanks for the support. :lol: