Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

This is the child who, since he got here has:

- Repeatedly referred to the fact that he works for Sports Direct, asked for a Sports Direct badge next to his name etc "Why does nobody hear me? I said 'I WORK FOR SPORTS DIRECT!'"

- Makes snidey comments about the city and its people

- Has had Meryl Streep as Thatcher as his avatar

- Now claims that this Sports Direct business at the ground is a good idea

All of it designed to wind people up on this board. It's been driving him round the twist that nobody's noticed him since he got here, despite his increasingly desperate attempts to get some attention. He's just a naughtly little southern wanker trying to get a rise out of what he sees as the inferior folk up north. I've watched him casting out even more obvious bait month after month, having a little laugh to meself at the fact that everyone just basically ignores him. Don't spoil that by rising to his bait now. This is his most obvious attempt at attention-seeking to date. If you ignore him, his attempts will get even more laughable.

"Poipe dahn, Gemmiww! Down't fackin give the gayme awayyy owld sahn!"

Cunt.

Didn't he once make homophobic comments as well? Utter tosser.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a club without it's heritage? How many people would turn up to watch the current squad play for the Mike Ashley All Stars at a 60k seater arena in Killingworth?

Aye where do you draw the line? Name change? "Ah weww avva claabs are doin it and you want noo plyyuss eh?" You know what I used to watch Blue Star a lot when I was a youngun, I loved Blue Star they could've been a really decent club with investment. When me fatha started taking me they often got 2 and 3000 at the Wheatsheaf against Whitley Bay and Blyth, and in the FA Trophy. The support they had 88-92 they could've kicked on AT LEAST to the Conference, but I never felt the same again about the club when they changed the name to RTM Newcastle. 80 years history gone for a clarty 50k, things got worse and they moved to Kingston Park and the club had totally lost its' little bit of identity. It's now dead. I know it's probably a shit example, but when a clubs heritage is eroded it becomes less important, certainly does in my eyes, and we have a club here with as much identity as Manchester United, and one fat billionaire bastard thinks he has the right to alter things about the club which are 120 year old. Fucking shocking. I won't harp on about OOTs but for people who have lived in Newcastle they've grew up going to the town passing "St James'", and regardless about the argument that we'll always call it SJP, so fuck, officially that is not what it's called. What right has that classless cunt got to bastardise or past and our heritage?

Legally every right I suppose. Of all the things Ashley has done, this is by far the worst imo. I notice the sign came down the day after I had to agree to paying for next year's ST as well.

Stevie encouraging non-Geordie hate crime here iyam. OOT's likely to experience a huge spate of hair ruffling as a result of this rhetoric.

Well it's true. Honest to god in my social circle and people who care, peripheral people, randoms you chat to, fucking everyone, I know one person who respects Ashley, believe he's a good bloke and has the best interests of the club foremost in his mind. He happens to be one of me best mates, we've had many heated discussions about it. You come on here, you'd think it was a 50/50 split, and it's never geordies supporting him on here neither, Ireland, Stoke, fucking Brighton, London, rarely Newcastle other than silly old cunts like toonpack. Geordies like transparency and straight talking people, Ashley is the complete opposite of both, that's my theory, of course I'm not on about ALL OOT's but just read the likes of here and N-O. Keegan is absolutely idolised on Tyneside, idolised, go anywhere else in the country and he's laughed at, and that's the way it was for some on N-O and here when he left in 2008, I think that sums it up.

Stevie, with all due respect, I really don't think it's as simple as 'you either support him or you don't'. It's more complex than that.

We're all aware of Ashley's failings. Some remain vehemently opposed to him and everything he does. Some appreciate that it's not all bad. A number of us stay out of it for the most part, but that doesn't mean we support him, have forgotten about the relegation etc or don't care about SJP and the club's heritage. Whilst the team (stadium name aside) seem fairly settled and are doing well, we're focused on them.

No one man is bigger than the club and at the end of the day it's really about what 11 players wearing our kit do on a Saturday afternoon. That is not to say heritage etc are not significant, they really are.

- Repeatedly referred to the fact that he works for Sports Direct, asked for a Sports Direct badge next to his name etc "Why does nobody hear me? I said 'I WORK FOR SPORTS DIRECT!'"

All of it designed to wind people up on this board. It's been driving him round the twist that nobody's noticed him since he got here, despite his increasingly desperate attempts to get some attention. He's just a naughtly little southern wanker trying to get a rise out of what he sees as the inferior folk up north. I've watched him casting out even more obvious bait month after month, having a little laugh to meself at the fact that everyone just basically ignores him. Don't spoil that by rising to his bait now. This is his most obvious attempt at attention-seeking to date. If you ignore him, his attempts will get even more laughable.

Cunt.

This is BRILLIANT!

and yes Renton, I did. Reason for it was: The right is right! Most of you on here only have half-baited political ideology!!!! Morons

Edited by SouthernMag

Cunt.

This is BRILLIANT!

and yes Renton, I did. Reason for it was: The right is right! Most of you on here only have half-baited political ideology!!!! Morons

Being right wing doesn't make you homophobic in the same way being left wing doesn't make you pray daily in the direction of Highgate Cemetery

I couldn't give a rat's arse (unlike Deaders). All the money for Premiership football is abroad in places like India and as soon as a telly is turned on over there "SportsDirect.com UK's number 1". We get MORE money at our disposal

It'll always be St James' to the fans as a few of you lads have made clear. I'd rather be a better side with a shit name, than a shit side with a good name

How much money do we get from SportsDirect's "sponsorship" again?

I believe it's a nice round figure. 0

It would be extreme folly for a club who haven't won a major trophy for over 40 years and whose biggest asset is it's history, tradition and the support it generates through this, to change part of its very fabric for a few quid. You'd surely be devaluing your own 'brand'. When you realise we're getting fuck all for the privilage then you have to wonder what's in it for NUFC?

End of the day, he's bought our club as a vehicle to drive Sports Direct and the sooner people get this 'sponsorship' money shit out of their heads the better. We're not getting any money and Sports Direct is here to stay whilst here's here. We're virtually Sports Direct's football club.

He's eroding our biggest strength and our pride and any benefits of this will be felt by Sports Direct and not NUFC.

I support Newcastle United, not Sports Direct. They're not a mere sponsor in the background, they are creeping, no, actually barging into our identity. I hate it and despair at any positive noises about this move. In fact I despair just as much of the shrug of shoulders some give. This matters.

Who is making positive noises about it? Unless you think people saying "it'll always be SJP to me" or "the team is more important" is a positive noise?

I didn't take a straw poll on it. Was more generalising. The sentiment remains you argumentative and boring little cunt. :D

The sentiment remains you argumentative and boring little cunt. :D

Was wondering if there were specific examples in this thread, but I'll try to avoid getting into conversation with you again so as to avoid your wrath, you angry 'little' man.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Who is making positive noises about it? Unless you think people saying "it'll always be SJP to me" or "the team is more important" is a positive noise?

I didn't take a straw poll on it. Was more generalising. The sentiment remains you argumentative and boring little cunt. :D

:lol:

I like Howmanheyman. Proper geordie, and there's nowt wrong with that.

The sentiment remains you argumentative and boring little cunt. :D

Was wondering if there were specific examples in this thread, but I'll try to avoid getting into conversation with you again so as to avoid your wrath, you angry 'little' man.

No, not angry, but when someone twice tries to be a funny fucka over the most trivial thing then it gets your back up. My main point is sports direct is intruding on our identity. CT for one gave a shoulder shrug for me. I won't slag him as he's a canny enough bloke. You on the other hand seem to want to pull me up on nothing. Hence I called you a cunt. I'm away out with the wife for some scran. I'll end our chat now. Have a nice day.

Yours,

The angry man.

:)

It would be extreme folly for a club who haven't won a major trophy for over 40 years and whose biggest asset is it's history, tradition and the support it generates through this, to change part of its very fabric for a few quid. You'd surely be devaluing your own 'brand'. When you realise we're getting fuck all for the privilage then you have to wonder what's in it for NUFC?

End of the day, he's bought our club as a vehicle to drive Sports Direct and the sooner people get this 'sponsorship' money shit out of their heads the better. We're not getting any money and Sports Direct is here to stay whilst here's here. We're virtually Sports Direct's football club.

He's eroding our biggest strength and our pride and any benefits of this will be felt by Sports Direct and not NUFC.

I support Newcastle United, not Sports Direct. They're not a mere sponsor in the background, they are creeping, no, actually barging into our identity. I hate it and despair at any positive noises about this move. In fact I despair just as much of the shrug of shoulders some give. This matters.

Excellent. Well said.

Aye, spot on crack from HMHM and that's why I think I'll always hate Ashley. That doesn't mean I can't accept the club has made some strides forward this season (before anyone suggests otherwise) but in a way that almost winds me up more about the ground name change etc., i.e. Ashley still manages to wind the fans up even when he should have otherwise engendered some good feelings towards him. It's like he can't help himself. I know HF says he does it for publicity and while I agree that theory may have some legs I think Ashley is still getting a laugh out of taking the piss at the same time.

Ashley had the chance to win quite a few people over this season due to him getting fairly lucky on the pitch. Instead he has gone out of his way to ensure that anyone who cares about Newcastle United and the city in general can never have any respect for him. I'm actually with people who think it doesn't seem to mean as much to people who aren't from the area (clearly not universally but I've noticed a definite trend) who sometimes don't seem to realise how much of the city's identity comes from St James'.

No one man is bigger than the club and at the end of the day it's really about what 11 players wearing our kit do on a Saturday afternoon. That is not to say heritage etc are not significant, they really are.

Each of us are different, that's what makes this world fascinating. For me it's the opposite of what you say, following Newcastle isn't about whoever currently plays in that Number 9 shirt or how well we're doing at the time.

That's for your "this year I'm supporting Man City, last year it was Chelsea" type of fans. Following NUFC is heritage, it's a birthright (that's not saying you can't follow if you weren't born here) but if your dad followed us then you will too. Your kids, no matter where they are born would be raised in Black & White.

Selling that history, binning the name of the stadium where the greats from Shearer through to Milburn and beyond all scored. The place that SBR loved and Speed said he'd spent some of the best years of his life. Gone for commercial gain.

That's not for me.

Guest Your Name Here

We've had half a good season under the fickle Mr Pardew. It's hardly conclusive proof the long term direction of the club is sound.

This season the singing section has been axed, our away allocations decimated, the east stand defaced and the ground renamed. These are the real indicators of where the club is heading and nufc today is a sorry shadow of what it was. There is no spirit, fight, humour or pride on the terraces. 20 years ago we would have raised hell about the ground being renamed, today we shrug our collective shoulders and leave the protests to a few kids.

What a great post. Agree 100%. And to all the posts between this one and mine.

I support newcastle united but sometimes theirs a feeling you get, when the bus used to stop just up from the gallowgate you,d walk along then down and feel the stadium and remember , you,d see the sign and know you were home, thats priceless

Completely agree. Anyone that doesn't share this view isn't a real supporter IMO.

I think probably 99% of all supporters agree with it but getting worked up about it is pointless imo.

We've seens Keegan sacked, Joe Kinnear, Relegation, Hughton sacked, Carrol sold, Fans moved, The Newcastle sign down, Sports direct signage up, the name changed to Sports Direct Arena and now this.

Having being on the original Keegan protest march and supported the protest at the monument I have since seen everything else greeted with outbursts on forums and then back to buying pies and moving on.

Thats the reality I'm afraid. A few hundred will chant St James on Saturday and that will be that.

Call it battle weary etc etc but thats just the way things are these days in most of life, not just football.

Remember last year was going to be the summer of discontent due to the strikes..... another damp squib. Society just takes it up the arse and moves on.

I would happily change every one of the above decisions, but forgive me if its not going to get me angry on the internet anymore.

No offence to HMHM as he ia also a canny lad. :wub: