Mevlüt Erdinç

Christmas Tree

Even if we do sign this lad, it's a pretty underhelming replacement for Carroll. He's totally unproven in the premier league, just like the rest of our summer signings to date.

We should just rely on Best then, as he has proven he can score in the premier league? It may be an underwhelming signing but he has a good reputation amongst the PSG fans I know.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if we do sign this lad, it's a pretty underhelming replacement for Carroll. He's totally unproven in the premier league, just like the rest of our summer signings to date.

We should just rely on Best then, as he has proven he can score in the premier league? It may be an underwhelming signing but he has a good reputation amongst the PSG fans I know.

Really?....I thought he'd had a poor season, and that was why theyre getting rid.

Wonder how much Pardew has seen of him?....couple of youtube clips? :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Really?....I thought he'd had a poor season, and that was why theyre getting rid.

Lille and Galatasaray are also in for him. Lille have money, CL to play in next year and are Champions.

He got 8 from 22 in the league last season which is consistent with his career strike rate, not sure what the problem was last season but he certainly is popular. I would consider him a good signing, not fantastic and in the context of having £35m to spend, yes, maybe a bit underwhelming. We dont really have £35m to spend though but thats another story.

Lille and Galatasaray are also in for him. Lille have money, CL to play in next year and are Champions.

He got 8 from 22 in the league last season which is consistent with his career strike rate, not sure what the problem was last season but he certainly is popular. I would consider him a good signing, not fantastic and in the context of having £35m to spend, yes, maybe a bit underwhelming. We dont really have £35m to spend though but thats another story.

He may be a decent player but do we need another good player who, according to reports, does not want to play for us or live here?

I don't have to break my leg twice to know that it hurts.

Would be a decent signing at 6.5mil....average of 8 in 20ish person is about 6mil quality isnt it? But he mite hit the ground running and thrive in the premier league, he's relatively young and has shown some promise, if he comes, give him a chance. Not the strong phyically presence up front i was hoping for like.

Sturridge on loan as well would end the window well however.

If we were to get sturridge on loan I have no doubt in my mind that tiote will be going the other way, sturridge would be the sweetener to take the bitter taste away.

Dont think that will happen like.

A loan for a season is most likely iyam.

Can't say this idea excites me. This is an example of us clearly "settling" for a second-rate player instead of having the drive to go out and get a better one. Should we be taking PSG's castoffs now after they get the player we actually wanted?

Most likely we'll get him and that'll be the end of our transfer activity, which would be simply insufficient to improve on last season's league position even before we start talking about the 35 million and how it was (or wasn't) spent.

How do we know he's second rate though? Have you seen him play regularly?

This.

He had one disappointing season by all accounts and PSG brought in Gameiro because they're owned by Qatar's sovereign wealth fund. That doesn't make Erding a castoff, perhaps he just won't fit into their system now. A different type of player as far as I'm aware.

Would the club put this much supposed effort into a player they were "settling for"?

Would have preferred Strurridge on loan and Barton to sign a new deal than this tbh... though neither were ever likely under our wankerish ownership.

I'd be amazed if Srurridge goes anywhere on loan. Never heard of this fella but I have a bit of optimism given our recent scouting of Tiote. The days of signing 'big names' never delivered success so why not go down this route?

yea but you gotta understand that sure 6.5 million is cheap but what about his wages at 60k thats alot per week which mounts up on a year buy year basis

yea but you gotta understand that sure 6.5 million is cheap but what about his wages at 60k thats alot per week which mounts up on a year buy year basis

Isn't Smith on more than that?