Mevlüt Erdinç

Christmas Tree

Leazes, basically that's just a coded way of saying you're hacked off that people don't continue to participate in futile 'debates' with you.

You're totally correct to say there's nowt wrong with expressing a different view to someone, but your frustration is that people won't then argue the point with you when you take them to task over it. There's a reason for that though, and it's not because they can't construct an argument, as they're happy to do so in plenty of threads with other posters. You know that though really.

it is futile in respect of the fact that what I have been saying for 4 years - and had flak for from people including yourself - is now looking more and more obviously correct.

I will continue to say what I say because I am 100% sure it is correct, as I have always done. Are you ever going to admit it ;)

As you know I think it's futile for a different reason altogether. More importantly though I think it's a complete waste of energy due to my honestly held opinion that we'd be a total busted flush now under the old regime anyway. That's opinion, not fact of course, but then so is anything you put forward to the contrary.

So it's all a bit pointless. There's a worthwhile discussion to be had about the future of the club under Ashley/alternative ownership, but not one which needs to be sidetracked by meaningless debates about how we were 5th best club in Britain for a period of time in the late 90's/early 00's. Notts Forest were champions of all Europe for two years when I was little.

didn't think you would :D

Point is, Ashley is doing what a lot of people wanted ie incorporating a "plan", "running the club as a business", "not being held to ransom over signings etc" and look where it is getting us.........

This is what was said at the time, and you know it.

NUFC is NOT an outfit that needs to be run like a low cost operation, it is one of the biggest clubs in europe [but only if the potential and fanbase is tapped correctly]

Well personally I think that's a re-invention of what was said in the past but then that would be just one further reason to not bother debating it.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

may as well chip with my thoughts on leazes.....

Dear leazesmag

i dont think anyone would argue that you love the club passionately, are very knowledgeable about the clubs past and are also often frustrated at the current regime. we all know that.

but leazes, you dont have to argue those issues so often to the point of self destruction. i know its difficult not to respond when some wum posts or when some 12 year old praises ashley but, for the sake of your own sanity maybe you should consider not responding as often.

the leazes i would like to see post more is the one that posts this sort of stuff

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...&pid=925167

not the one that can take a thread off topic with a few words about shepherd, sir john or keegan.

point taken.

;)

But do you accept mine re people commenting at me for no reason then whining when they don't like the reply ?

absolutely

dont confuse it hahahah i know its confusing to have two alan smiths lol

we used to have 2 Craigs in the 70's, good job one of them had ginger hair ;)