Ryan Shawcross

Deano

Its an extremely sad thing to say but why would Shawcross want to leave Stoke for here? Stoke = Europe. Its a no brainer.

You've easily turned into the most cynical on here like.

I wouldnt disagree that either tbh but I now see Stoke as a bigger club in terms of current football standing (and you could never gauge how hard that is for me to say!). FA Cup final, Europa league next season, hes captain there and much liked by the fans. Stoke made it clear he wasnt for sale so to then sell them to a club who is a rival for league places wouldnt seem sensible.

Would you have said Portsmouth were when they were in a similar position?

I can't say the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Marveaux would have chosen to sign for Stoke over us.

I'd wait and see what they're like before running your mouth. We might wish they'd signed for Stoke.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an extremely sad thing to say but why would Shawcross want to leave Stoke for here? Stoke = Europe. Its a no brainer.

You've easily turned into the most cynical on here like.

I wouldnt disagree that either tbh but I now see Stoke as a bigger club in terms of current football standing (and you could never gauge how hard that is for me to say!). FA Cup final, Europa league next season, hes captain there and much liked by the fans. Stoke made it clear he wasnt for sale so to then sell them to a club who is a rival for league places wouldnt seem sensible.

Would you have said Portsmouth were when they were in a similar position?

I can't say the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Marveaux would have chosen to sign for Stoke over us.

I'd wait and see what they're like before running your mouth. We might wish they'd signed for Stoke.

+ 1.

but for me newcastle are a much bigger club then stoke and probably bigger then they will ever be

• 5 years later...

Love to have him for a few years as the experienced hand on the tiller. Fits our model of snaffling up people when their market value is lowered because of contract shenanigans. 

Its the age thing innit if Ashleys messing about again i can't see us signing a 30 year old

Diame is 29, Gamez 31, Murphy 33.

He's a quality no nonsense CB, would be excellent for us but I'm not sure Stoke would let him go without a fight plus I'm sure if he was available there'd be a fair few sides in for him.

He's a quality no nonsense CB, would be excellent for us but I'm not sure Stoke would let him go without a fight plus I'm sure if he was available there'd be a fair few sides in for him.

Out of contract and apparently there's been no approach from Stoke as of yet.

Out of contract and apparently there's been no approach from Stoke as of yet.

I thought the Ronny Gill article said he's entering his last year in the summer? Either way I'd be pleasantly surprised if we managed to get him, Rafa has the pull and Shawcross would be a massive boost to our defence.