Tell us a personal NUFC related fact

Christmas Tree

I once caught the ball during a derby.

I really do have a shit memory but I was somewhere in the Milburn paddock many moons ago and I think it was an evening game. It was pissing down and there was puddles all over the pitch.

Anyway, one of our defenders cam out a made a crunching tackle and the ball flew up towards me and I caught it. Of course my memory has me leaping like a salmon to catch it but I think it was probably just a bog standard catch.

Dont think Ive ever come close to catching one since.

I've punched a ball back onto the pitch, against Arsenal in the LC. It went out for our corner and I punched it towards the corner. I could have easily caught it but I opted for the punch instead to speed the game up. Maybe that's why we lost, playing a fast high tempo game against a team like Arsenal doesn't usually pay off.

Back when Blackburn Reserves used to play at Christie Park in Morecambe I went down to see them play vs. our reserves and started chanting 'Harper for England!' behind the goalmouth. He turned to us and goes 'Are you kidding? I can't even get in the bloody first team here'. Oh how things change!

When Hasselbaink scored that own goal in the 2-1 win over Chelsea, I can clearly be seen on MOTD legging it out of my seat, giving it the fingers and ripping the piss out of him. He was literally 6 foot in front of me lying on the deck

When I was a nipper and dragged to town with my mam, I got Wynn Davies autograph in Mark Toneys in the Haymarket, he was sat in and was having a cup of tea with Ollie Burton, who I blanked, didn't twig till later it was Burton as I was in awe of the mighty Wynn.

In a home game against Wrexham, abandoned at half time due to monsoon and hurricane like conditions, I saw a goal kick go out for a corner (that just underlined that the game was doomed). It should never have kicked off really, I have also never been so wet through in my life, three layers on and even me shreddies needed wringing out.

After the game when Owen scored against the mackems during Keegan's second spell, I was making my way out of the seats and found this badly disfigured pie on the floor. After having a few pints earlier I was feeling a bit peckish....... :o

After Tiote scored the belter against arsenal some fella from behind fell on my back and I proceeded to fall over the next row. Thankfully landing on a lass :o

That used to happen every week 93-96 haha them were the days, not always a lass mind.

Against Swindon (a game that indirectly saw Sunderland promoted 2 years later for those who know your history) one of Gazza's best games for the toon, after his best goal, its on Jonny's vids on youtube, you see a little body jumping up beside the steward in the Gallowgate, with a black and yellow toon/Brazil hat, that was me.

The first game they pulled the fences down after Hillsborough was a home game against Luton in our relegation season, pishy 0-0 draw, I was right at the front of the corner and caught the ball, dropped it and got shouted at from the crowd for taking too long to get it (shows how empty it was).

Caught the ball again against Derby was in the Benches and bought the official club video just to see myself, but it wasn't close up.

Was ball boy against Oxford a 4-3 win, and I got the last "North East Co-op" tracksuits you had to wear, and there was a big hole on one of the arse cheeks, and I only had red and white boxer shorts on, got so much abuse from the Gallowgate.

When I won me holiday on the telly, I mentioned Newcastle United three times, one of them mentioning we'd just beaten Man Utd 3-0 which went down well.

Been on telly talking about the toon a few times, and radio fucking loads of times had an epic row with Adrian Durham in which I achieved the impossible, and at the end he said "well perhaps I need to reconsider my view", and in the papers, most recently regarding the Arsenal game last season.

After Tiote scored the belter against arsenal some fella from behind fell on my back and I proceeded to fall over the next row. Thankfully landing on a lass :o

That used to happen every week 93-96 haha them were the days, not always a lass mind.

Against Swindon (a game that indirectly saw Sunderland promoted 2 years later for those who know your history) one of Gazza's best games for the toon, after his best goal, its on Jonny's vids on youtube, you see a little body jumping up beside the steward in the Gallowgate, with a black and yellow toon/Brazil hat, that was me.

The first game they pulled the fences down after Hillsborough was a home game against Luton in our relegation season, pishy 0-0 draw, I was right at the front of the corner and caught the ball, dropped it and got shouted at from the crowd for taking too long to get it (shows how empty it was).

Caught the ball again against Derby was in the Benches and bought the official club video just to see myself, but it wasn't close up.

Was ball boy against Oxford a 4-3 win, and I got the last "North East Co-op" tracksuits you had to wear, and there was a big hole on one of the arse cheeks, and I only had red and white boxer shorts on, got so much abuse from the Gallowgate.

When I won me holiday on the telly, I mentioned Newcastle United three times, one of them mentioning we'd just beaten Man Utd 3-0 which went down well.

Been on telly talking about the toon a few times, and radio fucking loads of times had an epic row with Adrian Durham in which I achieved the impossible, and at the end he said "well perhaps I need to reconsider my view", and in the papers, most recently regarding the Arsenal game last season.

Havent heard those stories before..... Get them told.

I wish to apologise, I used to stand in 'The Corner' and whichever ballboy was allocated the last shiny tracksuit with no arse left in it spent the majority of the match pulling the top down as far as possible to cover the gaping holes in the seat of the pants. Me and my mates contributed to the verbal abuse so for that I am sorry.

After the game when Owen scored against the mackems during Keegan's second spell, I was making my way out of the seats and found this badly disfigured pie on the floor. After having a few pints earlier I was feeling a bit peckish....... :gettin:

Lets just say it was an exciting game.

Why I threw the pie away

Bit salty was it? :o

Feels like am bragging though and it's nowt to brag about. Me and four of me friends went on a show called "Friends Like These" or CLT as we childishly called it. Was 2000, so we were just bairns really 20 to 23. Was five lads against five lasses, you do a task against a lass, mine was like Simon Says, I pissed it. Anyway we won 3-2, so then we had to answer 5 questions about each other to win the holiday, we only got 4 right so, the one we got the q wrong about had to stay or we had to gamble the holiday to get the other kidda there. Anyway the question was what year did Mark see the Manic Street Preachers at the City Haal, we all knew it was 96 cos it was the neet before we lost to Man Utd, so we got it right and gave it the old Bob Stokoe celebrations round the studio, and we won a 2 week holiday in Thailand, was fuckin excellent.

Been on Sky years ago slagging FFS stood beside Kevin Miles after he said geordie women were dogs, was on Look North years agan after the Sunderland play off, was just a bairn, said a was never going back, and the row with Adrian Durham, the program question was Man City are bigger than Newcastle, discuss.... he said Man City were a bigger club than Newcastle because they had more trophies. So I went on and said he was the most clueless person in sports journalism today, no idea how I didn't get cut off, and told him to do more research because we had 5 more trophies than them mugs, WERE richer, more famous, more successful and had far more fans. Mick Quinn even called him a mug, and that's when he did the backtracking.

I wish to apologise, I used to stand in 'The Corner' and whichever ballboy was allocated the last shiny tracksuit with no arse left in it spent the majority of the match pulling the top down as far as possible to cover the gaping holes in the seat of the pants. Me and my mates contributed to the verbal abuse so for that I am sorry.

It's areet it probs wasn't me cos I was sat in front of the East Stand, was just when I had to walk round before, at HT and after.

After Sholas goal at Leverkusen in the champs lge a few years back the camera pans across the crowd and I can clearly be seen bouncing across the screen from right to left...which was a bit of a result as thanks to the MP's belonging to the British Army of the Rhine who were 'policing' the away turnstiles we had missed Lua's opening goal.

After the game we had one of the best post game piss ups its been my pleasure to attend at Cologne's only gay/lesbian/trans gender club which opens on a Tuesday night, which culminated in around 100 completely arseholed Mags on the dancefloor singing with the house band as they played 'hey jude' :-D

I've punched a ball back onto the pitch, against Arsenal in the LC. It went out for our corner and I punched it towards the corner. I could have easily caught it but I opted for the punch instead to speed the game up. Maybe that's why we lost, playing a fast high tempo game against a team like Arsenal doesn't usually pay off.

I did one of them at Lansdowne Road in a World Cup qualifier. Straight back to Ian Harte, who took a quick throw which we scored from. Nice.

After Tiote scored the belter against arsenal some fella from behind fell on my back and I proceeded to fall over the next row. Thankfully landing on a lass :crylaughin:

Feels like am bragging though and it's nowt to brag about. Me and four of me friends went on a show called "Friends Like These" or CLT as we childishly called it. Was 2000, so we were just bairns really 20 to 23. Was five lads against five lasses, you do a task against a lass, mine was like Simon Says, I pissed it. Anyway we won 3-2, so then we had to answer 5 questions about each other to win the holiday, we only got 4 right so, the one we got the q wrong about had to stay or we had to gamble the holiday to get the other kidda there. Anyway the question was what year did Mark see the Manic Street Preachers at the City Haal, we all knew it was 96 cos it was the neet before we lost to Man Utd, so we got it right and gave it the old Bob Stokoe celebrations round the studio, and we won a 2 week holiday in Thailand, was fuckin excellent.

Been on Sky years ago slagging FFS stood beside Kevin Miles after he said geordie women were dogs, was on Look North years agan after the Sunderland play off, was just a bairn, said a was never going back, and the row with Adrian Durham, the program question was Man City are bigger than Newcastle, discuss.... he said Man City were a bigger club than Newcastle because they had more trophies. So I went on and said he was the most clueless person in sports journalism today, no idea how I didn't get cut off, and told him to do more research because we had 5 more trophies than them mugs, WERE richer, more famous, more successful and had far more fans. Mick Quinn even called him a mug, and that's when he did the backtracking.

Excellent stuff :gettin:

I vaguely remember that show. Surely you have the video somewhere for our amusement. :o

Found this one but havent watched it. Are you on this one? :crylaughin:

After Tiote scored the belter against arsenal some fella from behind fell on my back and I proceeded to fall over the next row. Thankfully landing on a lass :crylaughin:

Excellent stuff :gettin:

I vaguely remember that show. Surely you have the video somewhere for our amusement. :o

Found this one but havent watched it. Are you on this one? :crylaughin:

Nar. The lasses were fit as fuck, three of us literally had them. They were weegies, the fittest one of them was model material but she was up herself.

I haven't got a video of it to be honest. Haven't got a VHS recorder now, me mates got the vid, if I knew how to transfer VHS on to DVD or on here I'd stick it on. It comes on Challenge TV about once a year though. The green room is shit by the way.