Tell us a personal NUFC related fact

Christmas Tree

I walked past Garth Crooks before the 1-1 draw with Arsenal under Allardyce

Exciting, I know.

:o:gettin::crylaughin: pmsl

Ah aye similar to that I had a brief conversation with Ranieri (in Italian) when he was Chelsea manager, before a desperate Newcastle v Fulham game.

Had a surreal chat with Pav a day after he signed, his English was almost non existent and he was more excited than me that a fan had recognised him and was talking to him. Lovely bloke.

I caught one of the balls they were kicking into the crowd the first game of the season against Tottenham a while back, we got beat with Sheringham scoring and him celebrating in front of the paddocks.

Kevin Keegan gave my man and her mate a lift home in his chauffeur driven car after doing a talk in at the Heaton Buffs many moons ago, and she got an England glossy brochure signed off him, not sure if he kifed her though.

Edited by Jusoda Kid

My cousin is married to Steve Watson.

Shearer got Rob Lee slaughtered at the reception, as he'd made his England debut/ scored for England , can't remember which.

Was a stack players at the do, all top chaps.

I got Peter Withe's autograph when he was at the bar my brother law works in. Apparently he was in Florida for his son's wedding.

Not spectacular but not bad for being Boca Raton, Florida!

I'm sure everyone knows this already, but in the 1945/46 season Newcastle set a record at that time in England for the highest ever average crowd fot the season, over 56,000 !!

It wasn't beaten until the 1970's and that was by Man United. And we were in the second division when we set that record!! That same season we has an average of over 13,000 for the reserves, another record !!

When that twat Ashley is busy lowering expectations,. turning us into a blackburn or Stoke, its well worth remembering!

I think thats a great NUFC releted fact

I'm sure everyone knows this already, but in the 1945/46 season Newcastle set a record at that time in England for the highest ever average crowd fot the season, over 56,000 !!

It wasn't beaten until the 1970's and that was by Man United. And we were in the second division when we set that record!! That same season we has an average of over 13,000 for the reserves, another record !!

When that twat Ashley is busy lowering expectations,. turning us into a blackburn or Stoke, its well worth remembering!

Not the most personal though.

I used to be in awe of the green giant in the gallowgate.

Big Heck ?

Could have been, my memorys really really shite. As I sit here now I think of the hulk in ripped clothing towering above the rest of us on one of the cement barriers behind the goal.

Big Heck ?

Could have been, my memorys really really shite. As I sit here now I think of the hulk in ripped clothing towering above the rest of us on one of the cement barriers behind the goal.

I can remember that too . Nah man (for the Sand dancers) Big Heck was that fella that used to collect for charity round all the Bigg Mkt pubs early 90's for years . He was a 'presence' let's say. Think he was a bit 'slow' actually (i dont mean anything nasty by that just for clarity) Was 6ft + and always had a couple of buckets full of shrapnel by closing time. Did walks and such too. Must've raised fortunes in his time. Poor bugger died young too.

Big Heck ?

I can remember that too . Nah man (for the Sand dancers) Big Heck was that fella that used to collect for charity round all the Bigg Mkt pubs early 90's for years . He was a 'presence' let's say. Think he was a bit 'slow' actually (i dont mean anything nasty by that just for clarity) Was 6ft + and always had a couple of buckets full of shrapnel by closing time. Did walks and such too. Must've raised fortunes in his time. Poor bugger died young too.

Aye, Brian something. He was from Boldon. No it wasnt him.

The geezer Im on about was always there on the barrier and he was huge, possible green. :o

Big Heck ?

I remember him, like.

i always thought he was from Byker way ?!

we'd start at Luckies as closest to bus in, he'd turn up there. Down via Steppes, Dobsons, Central blah blah . . thing was, he pretty much took the same route , culminating in Masters for last . Sometimes I'd shelled a quarter of me beer tokens his way by end of the night !

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...=www.google.com

Big Heck ?

I remember him, like.

That's spooky that he came in to my mind the other neet for nee reason. I always thought he was like some type of inbred from up Cramlington, Ashington, Blyth way. Everything got called Big in them days. There was that digger "Big Geordie" it was shit.

we'd start at Luckies as closest to bus in, he'd turn up there. Down via Steppes, Dobsons, Central blah blah . . thing was, he pretty much took the same route , culminating in Masters for last . Sometimes I'd shelled a quarter of me beer tokens his way by end of the night !

Na, Boldon, South Tyneside. :o

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local-n...eturn_1_1250104

Round the world to see United

-- but there are no tickets left.

That was the heading of a big article in the Evening Chronicle on Friday, May 4th. 1994.

It referred to me and a lad from Australia called Keith Davison who couldn't get tickets for the last home game of the season against Arsenal.

It was nearly a full page article and had photos of us both. It was hoped that it may get us tickets but for me it didn't, I don't know about the other lad.

I think it has been the only time I have come home and not had success at getting tickets to home games. Mind you, I think it was the only time I came 'home' at the end of the seaso, I always plan around the first match. Last year I was back for the Villa & Blackpool games and easily got tickets.

Na, Boldon, South Tyneside. :gettin:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local-n...eturn_1_1250104

I was reet then :o:crylaughin:

Used to spot myself on telly quite a bit as I sat in the old family enclosure benches (later seats) under the East Stand in the early 90s.

I used to get a few autographs off players. I remember getting Shearer's when he was still at Blackburn. He signed and I turned over the folded paper on which I'd written 'I will sign for Newcastle'. A bit shit/ predictable like but he laughed.

I remember during the derby at SJP towards the end of the promotion season 92/93. It poured down and the pitch was waterlogged. Players were sliding into lakes that formed on the cinder track. Barry Venison came over to take a throw in and I shouted 'Howay Barry!' He looked at me and said 'Hey I'm fucking freezing!'

Edited by Tom_NUFC

Not the most personal though.

Unlike Besty's claim to fame!

besty.jpg

Never been on telly

Never caught a ball

Never shook a players hand

Never got an autograph

Never spoken to anyone ever employed by the club

Never been on a phone in

Never been on telly to talk about the club

I just enjoy a drink and going to the game.