Michael Owen

Guest CrimsonFault

Guest CrimsonFault
Peter Crouch impressed me TBH

69187[/snapback]

Aye, much stronger and capable to conjure something up out of nothing. £10m cheaper than Owen, too.

Eh eh eh, come one now. Michael Owen is a class player and I am pleased for you, but don't start about Crouch. Although he may not score as often as Mickey, he offers the team something different. He can hold the ball up, win headers and link midfield with attack.

He won't be grabbing the headlines, but we wouldn't be third (with two games in hand) if it was not for him so SHUSH!

Edited by garstonite

Benitez wanted Crouch and Owen. Wasn't to be. Pleased for the lad he's still doing well and he is top class but don't get all smug about it when one team could call themselves champions of the world tommorow morning and the other is mid table.

England fans who are the biggest two faced twats when it comes to MO are the ones that annoy me. No left foot, no pace, no height my arse

Edited by flagpole corner

Benitez wanted Crouch and Owen. Wasn't to be. Pleased for the lad he's still doing well and he is top class but don't get all smug about it when one team could call themselves champions of the world tommorow morning and the other is mid table.

England fans who are the biggest two faced twats when it comes to MO are the ones that annoy me. No left foot, no pace, no height my arse

69194[/snapback]

Well....the height thing's pretty fair tbh :lol:

69194[/snapback]

Well....the height thing's pretty fair tbh :lol:

69195[/snapback]

He's definitely got a nicer arse than Flagpole, though. :huh:

He's definitely got a nicer arse than Flagpole, though.  :huh:

69197[/snapback]

Thats what I like about you Meenz, you always bring a further dimension into the conversation, not once had I realised the arse thing til you pointed it out but now Im gonna find myself comparing them when they line up for England. :lol:

Owen is a legend. I've heard all the "He only plays for England" jibes but the man is a professional and if he could he'd play week in, week out for us he would. Call me stupid but i'm also quiet confident that he'll stay, atleast for another season. He seems to be carrying our team at the moment and hopefully next year he'll get a striker that will be able to play to his potential.

Edited by Skol

69194[/snapback]

Can I just say, if you do win this thing tomorrow, would you please call yourselves champions of the world. If only for my personal amusement. :huh::lol:

69194[/snapback]

I agree - he can't head the ball for shit, can he... :lol:

69194[/snapback]

Well....the height thing's pretty fair tbh :huh:

69195[/snapback]

Like Les Ferdinand he shows you don't have to be tall to score goals with your head - it's all about timing your jump.

Just look at Shola - a beanpole yet he's only got something like four goals with his head for us.

(awaits "he's only scored about that full stop" comments :lol: )

Like Les Ferdinand he shows you don't have to be tall to score goals with your head - it's all about timing your jump.

69260[/snapback]

Yep, Owen is all about anticipation and timing- being in the right place at the right time.

Five meaningful touches yesterday: three goals; an assist; a header on target saved by the keeper.

Now thats what I call efficiency.

Anyone else notice that it was a perfect hattrick? Left foot, head (well shoulder) and then right foot.

69346[/snapback]

Michael Owen did (mentioned it on MOTD ;))

So how long do you reckon Owen will stay? Seeing as the best we can realistically achieve this season with Souness in charge is qualification for the UEFA Cup, I think it all comes down to whether the Big 4 are interested in the summer.

Arsenal: My first thought was that we can rule Arsenal out because they can't afford him - but that could change when Henry leaves, which I think will happen in the summer. I doubt even Wenger would try to replace a player like Henry on the cheap/using youngsters and he's admitted to being a fan of Owen.

Chelsea: They could of course easily come up with the cash, but Mourinho doesn't seem to be interested and he's not one to change his mind.

Man Utd: No big danger here. They've got some very good strikers and won't be able to spend £15m on a new one.

Liverpool: Still the key...if they keep doing well in the League and in the CL, they will be able to afford him and I don't think Benitez would say no again. If Owen knows of any Liverpool interest, he will be in Souness' and Shepherd's offices and there's not much you can do then. His obvious desire to return to them would drive down the price as well, they wouldn't have to pay as much as we did in the summer. I was more optimistic of our chances of keeping him when Liverpool were doing relatively badly at the start of the season, but they're obviously in great form. If they keep doing this well, it's bad news for us. Basically our only hope is for Morientes, Cissé and The Freak to turn into goalscoring machines...

Anyone else notice that it was a perfect hattrick? Left foot, head (well shoulder) and then right foot.

69346[/snapback]

Michael Owen did (mentioned it on MOTD ;))

69373[/snapback]

You sure N-O didn't break the news of Owen's perfect hattrick on the Friday evening?