Words/phrases you don't like

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''Goodness''

I'm not sure If I'm too northern or perhaps inherently bitter but I can't stand it. I knew a lass who said it about everything.

''Mmm coffee goodness'' etc etc.

Got right on my nerves.

i don't like or use any racist, sexist, homophobic or islamophobic phrases

Ah shaddup man, Gene, you black, muslim, lesbian whore, you!

you know i'm indebted to joey Barton for reintroducing "helmet" to my vocab.

what a great insult!

2nd only to "mincer"

I hate the word 'guys'. Pisses me right off.

Aye.

Me too.

One thing although this is sexist, I hate it when women call people "mate" or "pal", it makes them look such mugs, I find it so annoying. As Sima commented on twitter, it's almost exclusively common slappers who are guilty of this, I loosely agree with that but it always winds me up.

A word I don't like is "anecdote", I like anecdotes if they're funny but I don't like the word.

Outwith pisses me off which Scottish people use, primarily because it's not even a fucking word.

There's at least 20 scouse words that do my head in "blert" being top of that list.

'Meh'. Where did this come from?

And the even worse, 'My bad'. My bad? My bad? What the fuck is this, like? Where in sweet Jesus did this phrase come from and who would utter it without having any kind of embarrasment?

I agree with all yours, I also haaaaaaaaate the following. It's the yank usage of period, which people are starting to use here, and am not on about Liverpool at home periods. "Newcastle won't win trophies any time soon. Period"

Edited by McFaul

Banter fucks me off. As does good times/bad times. And pahahaha/bahahaha

What? the words 'banter', Good times', and 'bad times' piss you off? :D Can't really see the problem, they're normal everyday words, aren't they?

Until your post I'd never seen or heard 'pahahaha/bahahaha' but I'll keep an eye out for it just in case. :D

I think it's the context banter is often said in.

"Going to have some banter with the lads. A bit of pre-lash before we hit the town for a couple of cheeky Amarettos".

Or acting like a twat, insulting or having a real go at someone and then excusing it by saying "it's just banter".

One word that fucks me off is Nando's! Nandos Nandos Nandos fucking Nandos. Most footballers on twitter have a vocabulary of about 75 words, Nandos is one of them, not even that nice imo.