• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what have we got here:

Overstretched Met

Deprived areas with gang/criminal culture

Social media enabling said gangs to outmaneuver police

Is it a case of just small pockets of trouble or a more widespread problem throughout Britain?

I'd love to follow the tweets of the people co-ordinating like....if you can link me to it.

I got the impression this is what some politician imagines is driving the violence rather than anything based in fact.

They were saying it all over the news last night. The problem is they have literally no evidence, probably because there's none to be had!

Apparently they have been using Blackberry Messenger but I'm not aware of the service.

Overstretched Met

Is it a case of just small pockets of trouble or a more widespread problem throughout Britain?

I'd love to follow the tweets of the people co-ordinating like....if you can link me to it.

I got the impression this is what some politician imagines is driving the violence rather than anything based in fact.

They're doing it via closed networks ie BB

Guardian have got one set up to receive messages; it is reported to be widespread. FACT.

They were saying it all over the news last night. The problem is they have literally no evidence, probably because there's none to be had!

Apparently they have been using Blackberry Messenger but I'm not aware of the service.

A few weeks ago they were saying all over the news that Al Qaeda had attacked Norway. They'll repeat any old gubbins to fill the hour out.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/08/l...ing?INTCMP=SRCH

BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) appears to be the favoured method of planning the unrest that has swept across north London since Saturday evening. Unlike text messaging or Twitter, BBM is a free, private social network where almost all messages are encrypted when they leave the sender's phone – meaning that many messages are untraceable by the authorities.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/aug/0...rry?INTCMP=SRCH

Edited by trophyshy

Overstretched Met

They're doing it via closed networks ie BB

Guardian have got one set up to receive messages; it is reported to be widespread. FACT.

Have they not seen The Wire?

Lester Freamon would be all over that shit.

A few weeks ago they were saying all over the news that Al Qaeda had attacked Norway. They'll repeat any old gubbins to fill the hour out.

What do you think is guiding all these louts around the police to vunerable locations? 'The power of the people mannnnn'

You need a rubber bullet firing up your arse; hippies are of no use during a crisis.

What do you think is guiding all these louts around the police to vunerable locations? 'The power of the people mannnnn'

You need a rubber bullet firing up your arse; hippies are of no use during a crisis.

What's remotely hippy about wanting to clarify the truth of a claim? :lol:

What's remotely hippy about wanting to clarify the truth of a claim? :lol:

I don't know why you'd doubt that technology allows these people to communicate and concentrate attacks better than if they didn't have it. It seems a pretty axiomatic conclusion.

But no, "Hey mannnn, I aint buyin' your crap mr. polititian mannn, power to the peoplee."

1318: Lib Dem MP Stephen Williams

blogs about the reasons for the violence: "Everyone wants to be rich and famous, without wanting to work hard to reach those otherwise acceptable ambitions. So I think the prime motivators behind the looting are greed and jealousy, rather than sorrow and anger. Basic human failings that have been around forever. Not contemporary political gripes but certainly contemporary social malaise."

Sorry if old.

This is appalling and I found it quite uncomfortable to watch how brazen they are about it. Scum.

It could be that the bleeding kid had just been involved in the looting! The package taken out of his backpack was probably a brand new something-or-other just pilfered from Currys. Lad taking it out of the backpack was probably part of the mob raiding Currys at the time. A 'fight' had ensued during/just after the robbery, and that's when the kid with the blood had been smacked. Bloke then says 'thank you very much, I'll have what you have just nicked from Currys as I wanted it in the first place'.

We don't see how the kid got 'bloody', but my interpretation, above, could well be how it actually is.