Press Predictions 2011/12

Monroe Transfer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/201...1112_predi.html

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Joey Barton's Twitter feed has provided the colourful backdrop to Newcastle's close season with talk of his exit following on from the loss of Andy Carroll to Liverpool in January and captain Kevin Nolan to West Ham.

Manager Alan Pardew has been working the markets and will hope the explosive but unpredictable Demba Ba will provide a regular source of goals while Cheik Tiote is the mainstay of a midfield that contains promise if Hatem Ben-Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux can steer clear from injury. Barton may even be rehabilitated at some point and for all the criticism aimed at him, he has never been accused of being a bad footballer.

Gabriel Obertan often looked out of his depth at Manchester United. Sir Alex Ferguson's decision to cut his losses has landed the winger on Tyneside in an attempt to prove his worth in a signing that is a gamble, at best, by Pardew.

Newcastle often seem only a step away from self-inflicted injuries and their height of expectation this season should be survival. Something I expect them to achieve in relative comfort - although this is Newcastle we are talking about.

Prediction: 15th

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/7...son-Predictions

Who will go down?

PG: QPR, Norwich and Newcastle.

NM: Newcastle, Blackburn and Swansea.

JN: Swansea and Wigan play decent football but are just not defensively good enough to survive and Newcastle United will go down because the club is run like an asylum, has sold its best players, has an average manager and I actually think Mike Ashley likes it that way. It entertains him. Swansea City, Newcastle United, Wigan Athletic.

Which 'big' team will struggle?

PG: Newcastle are a big club but the failure to respect the promise to spend the Andy Carroll money is as low as it gets.

NM: If you still class Newcastle as a big team, then them. I also reckon years of under-investment at Everton might catch up with them, too.

Who will be the best new boy?

SW: For my predictable answer, I'm saying Sergio Aguero. But I have a little fancy for Yohann Cabaye to make an impact at Newcastle.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11979_7093751,00.html

Alex Dunn - @SkySportsAlDunn

Relegated: Blackburn, Norwich, QPR, although Newcastle could be drawn into a mix that will include all the regulars.

Jon Holmes - @jonboy79

Relegated: Newcastle, Blackburn, Wigan. Toon repeat of 2008/9, Kean will be found out at Rovers, Latics squad looks significantly weaker.

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,...7093069,00.html

Paul Merson

First manager to go: Alan Pardew, but I honestly hope nobody goes

Phil Thompson

Bottom three: QPR, Swansea, Wigan (but Newcastle will be in the mix)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ill-finish.html

Terry Venables

IT has not been the ideal summer at St James' Park.

Inspirational skipper Kevin Nolan and left-back Jose Enrique have followed £35million hitman Andy Carroll out of the door - and it looks as though controversial midfielder Joey Barton could be next to go.

That makes the chances of emulating last season's 12th placed finish look extremely remote.

Manager Alan Pardew has brought in striker Demba Ba from West Ham and Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan, but the squad is undoubtedly weaker than it was this time last year. SIXTEENTH

PAUL JIGGINS

Premier League: Man Utd. Runners-up: Chelsea. Third: Man City. Relegated: Wigan, Bolton, Newcastle.

Are Wigan really that much worse than the three promoted clubs? Did he watch Bolton last season? Nothing to suggest they'll go down ahead of other sides.

Adifferentleague.co.uk have us in 15th and FourFourTwo have us in 13th.

So some of those pundits think we'll be worse than Norwich? And why the fuck think that Bolton will be relegated? I think we're bottom half of the table but I'd have thought there'd be 3 worse teams. As do Fat Mike and Dekka, hence our tightfisted transfer policy.

no different from last year tbh. People always expect us to do badly perhaps want us to... don't get me wrong this year will be a struggle with the loss of key players, but theres still some quality in there, if we can keep collocini and get this pieters kid in that will help. and if barton stays we have a strong looking midfield

garbage the lot of it, we wont go down, just looking at the comments you can see that not one of them has actually paid attention to whats been going on with us beyond the recycled crap in the papers. Venables seemed like having the most insight but also seems like he has missed out most of our signings.

most seem to be missing out that norwich havent got a hope in hell of staying up. league one to premiership survivors in three seasons, cant be done

People tipped us to go down in the season we won the Championhsip. Because we're seen as bigger profile and our woes have been well-published, no-one has paid any attention to the fact that QPR and Norwich have barely made a decent signing between them.

FourFourTwo has us coming 12th/13th I think, will have to look back through it, I ended up agreeing with most of what they predicted.

FourFourTwo have us in 13th.

Worth noting that the current issue of that is a few weeks out of date now, so (as with all of them) it's worth taking with a pinch of salt. Indeed with another couple of weeks, it's perhaps a bit premature to make some of these predictions as things could still change significantly for some clubs (including us if Pardew isn't lying about "100% getting in a new LB and striker").

garbage the lot of it, we wont go down, just looking at the comments you can see that not one of them has actually paid attention to whats been going on with us beyond the recycled crap in the papers. Venables seemed like having the most insight but also seems like he has missed out most of our signings.

most seem to be missing out that norwich havent got a hope in hell of staying up. league one to premiership survivors in three seasons, cant be done

maybe its because he basically thinks they are shite and aren't as good as those we have sold ?

Bolton to go down? Fuck off. There's about 10 teams in this league worse then them, including us.

Well to be fair they have lost Elmander and Sturridge, Cahill is leaving, their only established striker is Kevin Davies and Lee Chung Yong and Mears have broken their legs so I expect them to struggle myself.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Dont see us going down as I also think there are 3 worse teams (just like I did last time....). But, I dont think we have improved, despite the monies made on player sales, these simply haven't been reinvested in the squad and so the squad is now weaker than it was this time last season.

Ferking hell they do not like us! They are saying that all of the promoted teams have a better shot than us because JB is a fan of Twitter? Norwich, Swansea and QPR are possibly the weakest teams that I've seen come up to the Prem ever. Although we have lost a lot of heart from our team, Enrique, Nolan and the possibility of Joey going, we still have a stronger team than the teams I've mentioned Wigan, Blackburn and Wolves and at a similar level to Fulham, Villa, mackems imo. I realise you never know what banter will occur at Toon but I say similar to better finish to last season for me. 9th sticking my neck out.

Wigan, QPR, and Blackburn.

My tips for the bottom 3, with us down there but not that far down.

Aye theyre my bets to go down aswell, with us, Swansea, Norwich and Wolves battling down there aswell

Hopefully we can do most of our talking on-the-pitch this season with minimal off the field incidents :lol:

Aye theyre my bets to go down aswell, with us, Swansea, Norwich and Wolves battling down there aswell

Hopefully we can do most of our talking on-the-pitch this season with minimal off the field incidents :icon_lol:

No fucking chance :lol:

Hopefully we can do most of our talking on-the-pitch this season with minimal off the field incidents :icon_lol:

No fucking chance :lol:

We always find fucking up something good, so easy and simple, and we'll do it again this season :lol: