Modibo Maiga

DragonFilet

I for one would be delighted and excited if we sign this lad, despite knowing nothing about him and never having seen him play. Or indeed looked at his statistics.

He's young, he's French and he plays for Sochaux. That's good enough for me!

OK, Monsieur Le Sapin de Noel?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see it happening.

7 million reasons to be dubious......

It's been going on too long. Plus it's been confirmed on Wiki so must be BS. :D

Looks a good player but I can't see it going through, hope I'm wrong.

Not bothered about this at all :/

Stroppy player who has went on strike to engineer his move to "the big time", literally not showing up for league games to try force it through.

If he turns out to be any use we'll be on the end of that ourselves

True but if the offer is good then he'll be out the door before he can go on strike.

The football fraternity must be wising up to NUFC’s tactics in the transfer market by now, with the trio of complaints lodged against the club in the last two weeks possibly being an indication that selling clubs aren’t going to be intimidated by NUFC’s ‘balls of steel’ approach to negation.

I think it’s getting to the point where NUFC will have to pay the market rate or not get anyone in, regardless of whether or not the player goes on strike. We’re making too many enemies. Screwing NUFC will be seen as fair game.

The 'selling' club has sweet fuck all power in the matter in reality, if a player wants to leave they leave. The player calls the shots, which is exactly why we lost Barton, Enrique, Nolan etc ourselves. They went for relative peanuts because they could get more money elsewhere, the transfer fee became a secondary issue.

I reckon we'll keep doing it until we get a hefty sanction (and I think that would have to be pretty high given the savings on offer for tapping up) because Ashley and his specky croupier will have absolutely no moral qualms about it whatsoever.

Not bothered about this at all :/

Stroppy player who has went on strike to engineer his move to "the big time", literally not showing up for league games to try force it through.

If he turns out to be any use we'll be on the end of that ourselves

Perfect signing for Ashley & Co.

'We fought desperately to keep the player but he was determined to leave and in the end we had to accept West Brom's offer'.

Not really fussed if he has a strop a couple of years down the line, we need a forward and have until tomorrow night to get one in. No time to worry about what could happen if he plays well.

What Gejon said.

Clearly he's desperate to join us and you can only assume that he'll also be desperate to prove himself on the pitch if he does join. Yeah he might be off in a couple of years but being a 'step up' has its advantages.

I do have a big problem with him coming here though - the African Cup of Nations. We'll be back to relying on Shola and Besty (and that's if Shola doesn't get called up by Nigeria!) for a good month.

What Gejon said.

Clearly he's desperate to join us and you can only assume that he'll also be desperate to prove himself on the pitch if he does join. Yeah he might be off in a couple of years but being a 'step up' has its advantages.

I do have a big problem with him coming here though - the African Cup of Nations. We'll be back to relying on Shola and Besty (and that's if Shola doesn't get called up by Nigeria!) for a good month.

We have done ok so far with what we've got.

What Gejon said.

Hopefully Ben Arfa will be up and running by then. Ben Arfa off Best would be more than satisfactory.

this guy and/or roux please, if we're loaning a youngster to bring on we may as well try to bring on one of our own

Edited by Semimental

Why not just try and buy kiko? United would let him go for cheap i reckon seeing as he's 5th in the pecking order behind shrek, Little pea, Berbs and welbeck

because hes gash, out on loan last season and did precisely nothing