Sammy Ameobi

Tooj

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect Shola and what he's done at Newcastle. Hate hearing other fans slagging him off too. More appearances than anyone else currently at the club. Second top scorer in Europe. Never missed a pen. Whether or not he's the most talented player he's done well for the club with what talent he has.

Sammy looks a much better prospect, even if he's made of pipe-cleaners.

But that's not it, HF. The reason many fans slag him off is because he's never made the most of the talent he plainly has, and that's because he's a lazy sack of shit and has always lacked the passion and hunger to succeed. He spends half the match on his arse and the other half with his hands on his hips. He's shown flashes of magic but they've only just been flashes, because he couldn't be bothered to put in the hard work on the pitch.

Given how much he fades from games after an hour perhaps he isn't "lazy" but clever aout how he expends his energy. Some people can do all the stamina training in the world and still not have the physical ability to run constantly for 90 minutes.

That's something he has to be mindful even more as he reaches the twilight of his career.

anyone slagging him off tonight?

Edited by Happy Face

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/02/24/middlesbrough-make-loan-bid-for-sammy-ameobi-72703-32872009/

MIDDLESBROUGH have bid to take Sammy Ameobi on loan until the end of the season.

The Geordie youngster has struggled to get into Alan Pardew's side this term.

And Alan Pardew is receptive to the bid as it means that the Academy product will be close to home and United staff can keep tabs on his performances.

United do not usually loan players to Boro but on this occasion they see it as a good move for the winger.

However, the Chronicle understands that Boro are just one of a handful of clubs who want to take Ameobi on loan.

Hopefully this comes off and we get Ferguson out on loan too. :up:

His attitude initially was 'just go for it' and he had some bright moments in his first few games. Then when he got a bit more time in the side, he still seemed to think he could 'go for it, nothing to lose' which was not the case. He needs time on the ball to see if he has the temperament to decide if and when to try something tricksy and when to play the percentages. That comes from knowing his own level which he will see better on loan.

His attitude initially was 'just go for it' and he had some bright moments in his first few games. Then when he got a bit more time in the side, he still seemed to think he could 'go for it, nothing to lose' which was not the case. He needs time on the ball to see if he has the temperament to decide if and when to try something tricksy and when to play the percentages. That comes from knowing his own level which he will see better on loan.

Sounds right to me.

Amalfitano could do with a loan move too.

BoroWazza16

2:34 PM on 25/2/2013

SSN "Middlesbrough have signed Newcastle forward Sammy Ameobi on loan until the end of the season".

Could there possibly be a bigger insult thrown in the face of Middlesbrough Football Club supporters?

There are unwritten rules, a code of conduct, that go without saying if you are associated with MFC. One of those is that anything pertaining to the Skunks is lower than a snakes belly. How could you Gibson and Mowbray?

How could you invite the enemy into our home?

Sammy Ameobi is Newcastle, born and bred. He is contracted to NUFC. He IS Newcastle United, and for anyone @MFC to collude with them is a cardinal sin, in my book.

If Ameobi turns out in a Boro shirt, then I won't be there. Of that I am certain. I do not cheer, pay for or back anything NUFC related. He'll have a black & white shirt on underneath, and a smirk of arrogance across his face.

A sad, sad day for Boro and all associated with this deal.

All you may have done, all that you have built. That which gives you 'legendary' status, died today. Messers. Gibson and Mowbray...sleeping with the enemy and I will NOT be party to it.

SHAMeobi...a wolf in Boro clothing.

(...and I WILL NOT support him)

:lol:

:lol: Sometimes I forget how much they hate us in all, couldn't be more irrelevant. Hope he scores on his debut, the bunch of sacks. Tbh I hope the loan does him good, chuffed we made this move and hopefully we'll make a few more like it.