More Respect for MA?

JawD

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 days since a good result/performance and he eventually turns up, probably be same day when they lose.

were you at the game, inputting your cash into supporting your man and these exciting times that you believe in so much ?

Did those geniuses on skunkers give you that particular line :icon_lol:

3 days since a good result/performance and he eventually turns up, probably be same day when they lose.

You're just the other side of the same coin tbh.

You mean he doesnt post after a defeat?

Edited by ChezGiven

I've been away, but tbh, I think celebrating a draw at home to Spurs only emphasises the fall in expectations, but I'm fairly sure that Toonpack, a few others and the entire skunkers message board won't get it.

It was a draw mate.

I've been away, but tbh, I think celebrating a draw at home to Spurs only emphasises the fall in expectations, but I'm fairly sure that Toonpack, a few others and the entire skunkers message board won't get it.

I'm disappointed about the fact we only drew, they're not even that good especially away from home, I genuinely believe we should always expect to win home games against Tottenham and Liverpool and I do. I'll always take a draw off Man Utd and Chelsea, but the rest the difference isn't that massive truly it's not. If Suarez faces a long ban, which he might, who is going to do it for Liverpool? Gerrard can't do it all himself, and other than Enrique the rest are either quite good (Kowt, Downing etc..) average (Carroll, Adam) or shite (Henderson, Spearing, Lucas) hand on heart I'd start three of our midfield four in their first 11, strites as well, not being biased.

Back to your point though, I agree our expectations have been lowered every time Pardew gets interviewed it's like he's saying we're only Newcastle. For 15 years we had a similar turnover to Liverpool, and a much higher one than Spurs under FFS, now it's been reversed, it's because of a few factors the key one being Mike Ashley. If we win the Champions League, I'll still hate him, and want him gone.

It was a draw mate.

I meant if Toonpack was the other side of the coin, he would not post after a defeat. Anyway, you were being unfair on Leazes, he's been away.

As for the fall in expectations, i think thats a good thing as its working for us at the moment, there is a complex social psychology at work with a football club and for now this seems to be working in our favour. I wouldnt worry about it though, we stay top 4 for much longer and those expectations will soon change. Its easy to see when our relegation and fucked up finances are disregarded with respect to where people think we should be right now. Blame for that relegation and fucked up finances is not an excuse for ignoring them either.

Totally disagree about Pardew lowering expectations Stevie, he keeps saying we expect to win every match at home and challenge the top sides. Thats bullish given where we have come from recently. The team and the crowd believed we could win that game at the end on sunday so i dont see where the problem is.

I think people were happy with getting a good performance against Spurs, who are a top 5 side.

Even before Mike Ashley, it's been a while since we've been putting in such good performance against good quality opposition. We were in no way outplayed by a team containing Modric/Bale/Van der Vaart/Adebayor.

It's worth keeping in mind we haven't beaten anyone outside of the bottom 7 this season.

While team positive are all very excited about the potential and we're all over the moon with results so far, let's not start getting all Mackem about our European chances just yet.

Edited by Happy Face

Who is in TP now anyway? We are over the moon HF, as i said the other day, selling CT to NO looked like another AC situation but AP (i.e. me) kept it together.

Am saying 8th for now, lets see if the Maiga story in L'equipe is true.

Someone like him (haven't seen him play but by that I mean a decent striker) plus someone like Pieters and a push for Europe should be our aim if we can stay top half between now and January. Lots of ifs and buts, obviously.

Who is in TP now anyway? We are over the moon HF, as i said the other day, selling CT to NO looked like another AC situation but AP (i.e. me) kept it together.

:)

VG

Edited by Monkeys Fist

The Europa league would be a nightmare. No fucker wants to be in it, it seems.

:lol: Aye, that's the daft part like. Battle to get in it then treat it with disdain once you make it. I'd settle for winning it next year though ;)

NUFC WF ITTT. TCIID.

Now that's confusing

I post here when I can (or feel like it) win, lose or draw.

When Mike opened his first sports shop he knew fuck all about running a massive billion pound company. Similarly, he knew fuck all about running a football club when he bought that.

Not suggesting the two are directly comparable, but look at what he's achieved from nowt in one arena. Maybe he can learn, adapt and figure out how to do it his way in another highly competitive market.

The fact he's a twat is neither here nor there if he brings success to the club.

Just sayin'

I would think celebrating a point (or rather performance) like that is because it signifies some real progress compared to previous seasons.

Forgot to quote there. Ah whey

Think the point against Arsenal at home last season was better, or even arguably getting a point off Chelsea the year we were relegated. Either way raising expectations off the back of single performances is as dangerous now as it would have been then.

Edited by Happy Face

I don't think we'd have got a point under the circumstances of Sunday last season. Arsenal was a once in a generation freak match and I can only think of the Wigan game where we got a point at the death. The improved style of play and defensive organisation (also, we probably deserved to edge the Spurs game) shows progress for me. The Chelsea point during the relegation season was an anomaly over that whole year as well. We've had consistently good results and performances that are markedly improved on the majority of last year for me.

The Europa league would be a nightmare. No fucker wants to be in it, it seems.

I want to be in it. I think we'd treat it with a lot more respect this time around because it would mean more to us. Even back in 2006 when we had the Waffa Cup run and went out to AZ, it seemed like neither Roeder nor the players really cared too much. The heights of the SBR years were still lingering in fans' and players' memories and there was no urgency for a 'second-rate' cup.

Now if we qualified for Europe it would be a momentous success, especially considering how poorly we've been run since we went out in Alkmaar. We'd not send youth teams like Villa and Spurs have done in the past - or at least I hope we wouldn't.

I don't think we've got much hope of qualifying for the CL ever again, so the Europa League and the domestic cups are our best chances of glory, and I would want us to give those all we've got.