More Respect for MA?

JawD

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We took a fella to the game yesterday who hadn't been since '72. He only went then for a ruck as he's an old skinhead. He enjoyed it loads...more the drink before and after, but i think he was spoiled by one of the better games (or second halves) we've seen for a while. Think he'll be after a half season ticket ;)

46k against Spurs when we're in 4th suggests that not as many people are as forgiving as us on Toontastic. Same against Blackburn and Arsenal, so it looks like we're struggling to attract more than the hardcore. 42k for Fulham mostly down to few travelling. .

Not to mention the lack of cash floating around in may pockets

Was on the news this morning that Pardew is asking for more respect to be given to MA for what he is doing with the club. the reporter stated that this came from Pardew and not MA. At the game MA was only stating that they are all working hard to make the club "healthier".

As we have some heavy critics of all that MA does here (myself included), Im wondering if anyone is softening in their option of the way the club is being ran?

Many have and still do state that you cannot run a football club in a healthy way and that debts must be racked up if we are to compete on any level or even survive in this league. I have noticed critics start to warm to the clubs approach and start to think that just maybe it is possible if done right.

Many of us have said that while it is ok and "lucky" to find one Tiote we would need to invest heavy to keep finding that caliber of player. However now we have Cabaye and Ba who both were "cheap" in comparison to todays market as well as Ben Arfa. The downside is that many state we are only doing this to sell them on. Yet, AC aside, we havent sold a single one of these recent purchases for a large profit. Many said Tiote would go in the last window but stayed. Many said Jonas would be and colo but both are still here.

Then we have the problem of when a player does sign a new contract we state it is only so the club can command a higher transfer fee. It seems like no matter what the club do we go out of our way to find the negative slant.

As for my opinion, I'm still on a knife edge. I always feel that for every good move the club do there is a disaster pending. At the moment my concern is squad depth. I think we need that elusive forward to play with Ba / Ben Arfa and we need a center half to support Colo and Taylor.

I can almost ignore the billy sticker view of the ground when what matters is what happens on the pitch and currently everything is rosy.

The mission statement while offering nothing new showed that from next year the club hopes to be breaking even.

I dunno, I dislike MA but I feel I have a hatred to DL. MA I can see is trying to run the club like Sports Direct which has worked for him. But DL I just see as a sleazy untrustworthy henchman. It is harder to give them stick at this moment in time while things are going well and at least they are not getting ahead of themselves. We all know that we will slowly drop down the table but Id be pleased still being top half come next year.

At what point do we get behind MA and what he is doing or do we remain permanently sceptical until the day he sells?

Totally spoilt himself with that comment, Redwank was sticking up for him too.

Another thing is this "no more trophy players".

While I understand the basis of this comment, I dont think there are that many "trophy" players. There are good players and there a going rate for them. I think £10M-£20M seems more normal these days but a "trophy" signing would be well over £30M. By trophy signing I think of players like Shearer and Owen that we had. Shearer being well worth it and Owen naturally not. Looking around the league signings like Veron etc are huge gambles but if you want to compete top 4 long term you need those signings. I think us spending >£10M will be few and far between.

We took a fella to the game yesterday who hadn't been since '72. He only went then for a ruck as he's an old skinhead. He enjoyed it loads...more the drink before and after, but i think he was spoiled by one of the better games (or second halves) we've seen for a while. Think he'll be after a half season ticket ;)

46k against Spurs when we're in 4th suggests that not as many people are as forgiving as us on Toontastic. Same against Blackburn and Arsenal, so it looks like we're struggling to attract more than the hardcore. 42k for Fulham mostly down to few travelling. .

Bollocks that like. Tottenham aren't really a big club, and we're in the toughest economic times since the 80's in the poorest region in England, yet the cheapest ticket was £36! If it was 26 or 30 it'd sell out no bother.

Bollocks that like. Tottenham aren't really a big club, and we're in the toughest economic times since the 80's in the poorest region in England, yet the cheapest ticket was £36! If it was 26 or 30 it'd sell out no bother.

Not fussed about the old we're bigger than Spurs argument, fact is we've not broke 47k whether it's expensive tickets against Arsenal or Spurs, or cheap ones against Fulham or Blackburn.

I'm sure Alex isn't the only one to have got sick of lining Ashley's pockets, whatever the financial climate.

Whilst I'm far from forgiving MA of the mistakes he has made and think we need to wait and see how this season goes I do feel as if some people wouldn't give him credit no matter how well we did.

Would be interesting to see how they would react if we won a cup for instance, which in my opinion is very much possible with this squad and a bit of luck.

Not fussed about the old we're bigger than Spurs argument, fact is we've not broke 47k whether it's expensive tickets against Arsenal or Spurs, or cheap ones against Fulham or Blackburn.

I'm sure Alex isn't the only one to have got sick of lining Ashley's pockets, whatever the financial climate.

:icon_lol:

The team playing well at the moment has nothing to do with Mike Ashley.

Precisely. I wiuldnt be surprised if pardew were to get the sack soon. It was at about the same stage last season, after in unexpectedly good start to the season that hughton got the chop.

I'm all for the club being run in a way that isn't going to ruin it, but there's a balance to be made between investing too much and barely spending a penny. The club had no excuse not to invest more in the squad after getting 35m for Carroll. And while the first team looks good, and is playing well, a few injuries will end all that pretty swiftly.

Edited by Dr Gloom

If we suddenly turned into an incerdible trophy winning outfit playing the football of the gods I'd still dislike the fat fucker.....if we got even a modicum of success he'd want us to kiss his arse too. "See what I have done for you peasants?!" Pardews comments give a flavour of what his lackeys would be putting out into the media.

He's never had a coherent plan for the club, and he was just groping around in the dark as usual when he hit upon the Pardew/Carr "dreamteam". I've said it before, Graham Carr is the most important person on the football side at the club atm, including the players. Without his input we'd have struggled to stay up last season....imagine Guthrie getting the same game time as Tiote?...

But as somebody has said recently I love the club a lot more than I hate Ashley so I tolerate him as much as he does us. And this season has been great so far, I've really enjoyed it.The players obviously like and respect Pardew, so fair play to him in particular. But Ashley is incapable od making two decent decisons in a row, so am awaiting a big comedown...possibly around the end of January?.......

:icon_lol:

You know what I mean. I've repeatedly acknowledged he's not making a profit yet.

What I said previously was partly tongue-in-cheek but at the same time I haven't really missed going (for a number of reasons). I can watch every (league) game if I want. That said the £36 min price for non-ST holders for matches like the Spurs one basically makes it a complete no-brainer for me. I quite fancied going on Sunday but fuck that shit. When it's on Sky as well.

respect ma are you fucking kidding me the owner likes splashing his sports direct all over the stadium and he wants respect fuck that cunterhead fat motherfucker prick headed cunterfaggot

It takes a big man to admit they're wrong, so here goes.

When Mike and Dekka admit they've been Grade A Cocks who have acted like some five foot tall London Lad, high as a kite, having just watched Michael Caine cam up Norf and sorted us Monkeys ahht.........Then I'll cut them some slack.

We have done well despite Ashley not because of him. Imagine what we may have been able to achieve had he backed Pardew properly, by that I dont mean blowing £50m on Messi but good sensible purchases of established players to give a good balance with the younger foreign lads and ensuring we have a squad capable of covering injuries, suspensions etc.

Its still early days, 8 games in and we're definitely doing better than last season but theres a long way to go and halfway through it is a transfer window which has the potential to break our season in one quick sale. Sell the likes of Colo and not only does it seriously weaken the defence but does untold damage to morale overall.

I cant ever imagine forgiving Ashley, getting rid of Llambias would be a good start toward me forgetting some of the ills hes brought us.

was sitting in the pub last night, one of the blokes was saying he thinks the club is "now being run better than it has been for years". I diplomatically pointed out to him that in the last few years he has stopped going to games like he did before, so he is missing out on such exciting times....

Not to mention the lack of cash floating around in may pockets

here we go again