More Respect for MA?

JawD

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daft thing is, Uefa keep rejigging it, like they know it's boring as fuck, when all they need to do is make it a straight knock-out competition again.

I don't think we'd have got a point under the circumstances of Sunday last season. Arsenal was a once in a generation freak match and I can only think of the Wigan game where we got a point at the death. The improved style of play and defensive organisation (also, we probably deserved to edge the Spurs game) shows progress for me. The Chelsea point during the relegation season was an anomaly over that whole year as well. We've had consistently good results and performances that are markedly improved on the majority of last year for me.

Lots of reasons for cautious optimism if it can be maintained.

Still very cautious about how good we actually are given the fact i mentioned before that we're yet to beat beat anyone outside of the bottom 7. That said, we have a 100% record against everyone that's currently below where we finished last season, so even if we're not quite as good as our current position, we seem to have improved on last year...while we have a fully fit squad anyway.

For the opening game of last season we had 8 of our squad out injured, 3 of which have started just about every game this season. As average as I think they are, without STaylor, Danny Simpson or Leon Best I'm not sure the squad would be coping as well.

Edited by Happy Face

Daft thing is, Uefa keep rejigging it, like they know it's boring as fuck, when all they need to do is make it a straight knock-out competition again.

It's all about the $ £ .

In theory, aye. But there are so many games, often against poor opposition, that it devalues the TV rights imo.

It's all about the $ £ .

In theory, aye. But there are so many games, often against poor opposition, that it devalues the TV rights imo.

Probably not for UEFA though when they are selling the rights.

3 days since a good result/performance and he eventually turns up, probably be same day when they lose.

You're just the other side of the same coin tbh.

Now that's confusing

I post here when I can (or feel like it) win, lose or draw.

I'm surprised you notice if they win, lose or draw

3 days since a good result/performance and he eventually turns up, probably be same day when they lose.

Now that's confusing

I see all the games (unless travelling) I particularly know when they've done OK because you are scarce

Did you ever work out the £52 Million question BTW ( you know the WHILST in charge one)

Edited by Toonpack

Now that's confusing

I see all the games (unless travelling) I particularly know when they've done OK because you are scarce

Did you ever work out the £52 Million question BTW ( you know the WHILST in charge one)

have you worked out your re-appraisal of Mike Ashley yet, as you said you were going to do for months and months, and where the money for Andy Carroll and Nolan has gone ?

Unlike your good self, I always have and always will attend games however well or badly the football club is doing. This is actually how my judgement of the current setup is correct.

Edited by LeazesMag

Now that's confusing

have you worked out your re-appraisal of Mike Ashley yet, as you said you were going to do for months and months, and where the money for Andy Carroll and Nolan has gone ?

Answered inumerable times, he's still 1000% better custodian than the previous etc etc

And he's yet to take out £52 Million WHILST in charge

He couldn't if he wanted to, only success breeds that kind of profit.

etc.

This thread is done for.

:icon_lol: What profit's did we ever make that allowed the "take" ?????

Quite easy for MA really, charge about 6% on his subsidies, it'd take only about 5-6 years.

Sad truth for the "lining his pockets" persister's, is that the only real lining of pockets that has ever occured, at the expense of the club, was only done by past regime's (so far).

Its fell into place with as much luck as planning imo, lets not count or chickens and lets not forget this:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

I was under the impression half the time they spent at the club there were profits before the dividends were taken.

Never quite the £25m profit in a single season Ashley managed last year.

First point = Nope, if it had been like that, fair do's (which is my main gripe btw)

£2.7 Mill profit in 98, about £1 Mill in 99 and I think about £4 Mill in 2003/04 and fuck all else. That doesn't add up to £52 Million (sale profit NOT included as that is in the "fair enough" category).

Second point = What "profit" did Ashley "make" last year.

Its fell into place with as much luck as planning imo, lets not count or chickens and lets not forget this:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

Which isn't from the tribunal btw, lets not forget that either.

This thread is done for.

You want to know how it ends? In a hostel at a coastal location with a bunch of dead-beat drunks speaking german and fighting over their social worker.

Isn't that how it always ends? ;)

I don't think we'd have got a point under the circumstances of Sunday last season. Arsenal was a once in a generation freak match and I can only think of the Wigan game where we got a point at the death. The improved style of play and defensive organisation (also, we probably deserved to edge the Spurs game) shows progress for me. The Chelsea point during the relegation season was an anomaly over that whole year as well. We've had consistently good results and performances that are markedly improved on the majority of last year for me.

Lots of reasons for cautious optimism if it can be maintained.

Still very cautious about how good we actually are given the fact i mentioned before that we're yet to beat beat anyone outside of the bottom 7. That said, we have a 100% record against everyone that's currently below where we finished last season, so even if we're not quite as good as our current position, we seem to have improved on last year...while we have a fully fit squad anyway.

For the opening game of last season we had 8 of our squad out injured, 3 of which have started just about every game this season. As average as I think they are, without STaylor, Danny Simpson or Leon Best I'm not sure the squad would be coping as well.

We're enjoying a Hollywood summer but....The winter is coming and with it the darkness and there are those that set their plans against us and ferment our downfall. A riderless black horse will be seen running through The Bigg market and it will begin... :death: