Pet Hates!

catmag

Not heard about chuggers door knocking, that really stinks.

Some poor lass knocked just before Xmas and started singing Good King Wenceless at me, very badly, she was about 13 - just so I don't paint myself as too much of a bastard.

I was full of flu, about to have my dinner and watching Scrooge, I just said 'eating dinner' and slammed the door before she got to her third note.

Wor lass did that for a bit. They get commission for each direct debit. Needless to say it's a pretty scummy way to collect donations for a charity.

Used to get a fair few jehovah's witnesses when I lived in Nottingham, all of which were Caribbean. Nowt like hearing 'have you herd about dee werd?" sung to you when you're still stoned. Hit one with the door once as he was stood to close and it opened outwards. He didn't look very impressed.

Saw that job advertised last night funnily enough (charity fundraiser was how it was put) and almost considered applying until I realised that I hate when I get them knocking on my door and it's a scummy way of getting people to donate really. They reckoned it was 7 quid an hour to just potter about knocking on doors but I'd just gan to the pub and go back saying nobody donated.

Wor lass did that for a bit. They get commission for each direct debit. Needless to say it's a pretty scummy way to collect donations for a charity.

Used to get a fair few jehovah's witnesses when I lived in Nottingham, all of which were Caribbean. Nowt like hearing 'have you herd about dee werd?" sung to you when you're still stoned. Hit one with the door once as he was stood to close and it opened outwards. He didn't look very impressed.

Aye, that was fairly obvious from the way he was going on so I sussed that out.

:lol:

Just had the Jehovah's at the door and chased them. Urggh <_<

Had them a couple of times. First time, I got Watchtower thrust in my face and had no idea what it was. Said no thanks, merry christmas and shut the door. Was enlightened later that Watchtower is their mag, so next time had one knock on the door, I told them that I'd had life saving blood transfusions and asked whether that meant I wasn't allowed to know the truth? She didn't really take to that.

People on facebook who post pictures of themselves semi-inebriated as a way of showing how mental they are. Followed by a "Oh God just getting a hangover haha, I can't remember it, i'm never drinking again... I say that but just wait till next weekend ey :P". The amount of times i've had to resist the urge to type "I hope you get roofied next week and wake up in an alley missing a hand next to a tramp with HIV."

:lol:

I had one at more door the other day, he still tried to get money out of me, despite the fact I already donate to three charities and run another, I am not made of money and the puddy cats come first!

Come to think of it, I'm not sure the door-to-door charity scroungers are actually allowed to accept anything other than direct debit donations. Seem to remember asking my lass about it and the charity didn't want them taking cash; I'm assuming because you can be dishonest.

I hate the bastards who try and engage you in town centers though. Especially when they have a smart mouth after you tell them you're not interested. Some lass shot "Oh you just don't care," at me when I told her I was in a hurry so I said to her that I wasn't the one taking money from a charity!

I had one at more door the other day, he still tried to get money out of me, despite the fact I already donate to three charities and run another, I am not made of money and the puddy cats come first!

Pet hate - animal charities.

That one works on a number of levels :)

BTW, Stevie's post in the middle of this thread is amazing :lol: Best is him ending one with "word I just made up" and then following it with "people who make up words"

He wont read this, he's too busy liaising with News International over the Carroll story.

the only reason a well done steak is frowned upon is because most people who try to do well-done end up with a lump of leather on a plate. If you know what you're doing, it's the best way to have a steak. Tender, juicy, cooked and taste free!

FYP

I want a steak that a decent Vet could have up and running. Blood is Good.