Stoke City Vs. Newcastle United

loonyTOON

I was listening to Talkshite last night after and they numpteys on there were saying our Peno was stone wall and theirs not. I would of said both were soft but its about time there was some consistent refereeing. If it was the other way round I wouldnt of grumbled tbh (which would be a lie, Im a right miserable cunt)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of reports saying Sky had to turn the volume down with Stoke's anti-Ba chant.

Maybe they did say 'monkey'?

Hmmmm.. That's what I heard. But my soud quality wasn't perfect so who knows. I know it won't be the last we hear about it if that is the case. Dirty thugs.

From what I heard, they didn't say Monkey. All I heard was "Demba Ba, is a wanker". Unless Sky did turn down other chants I didn't hear.

At the very start, as he was the only 'coloured' person on the pitch, the home end chanted 'OOO OOO OOO' as in monkey talk.

They also did the 'is a wanker' stuff, but unlike last year it did get to the team.

Good game apart from the idiot behind us getting thrown out mid way thru the first half. Tosser.

Stoke had their tails up and the home crowd were in full voice, but just as they started to sense an equaliser referee Mike Dean awarded a penalty at the other end for what looked like a tame push on Best by Huth.

From the BBC report. Was I pissed or was our pen not twice as clear cut as there's? Ba stepped in with his shoulder, huth did a full on shove.

thought they were about equal myself

If their pen was deserved then ours was. Consistent reffing. Just found it odd the Beeb highlighted ours as being weak and not theirs.

FWIW, the Guardian minute-by-minute described theirs as "so soft" and ours as "as clear as they come". Not sure I agree really, I'd put them about equal too.

http://www.guardian....m?newsfeed=true

Leazes will be unsurprised I've fallen in line with the Guardian.

Wimbledon have been stigmatised for years for doing what Stoke are all about. Why does Pulis get praised by the pundits for it?

I was saying as much last night and just did a search for what others say about it... found this recent article by Hansen, which I think is bollocks...

It is too easy to dismiss Stoke City as a modern-day version of Wimbledon because it overlooks the intelligence of Tony Pulis and a group of players whose togetherness enables them to take on the very best and get results.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/8787849/Stoke-City-are-so-much-more-than-a-new-Wimbledon.html

They had fuck all about them other than a towel and big fuckers.

I was listening to Talkshite last night after and they numpteys on there were saying our Peno was stone wall and theirs not. I would of said both were soft but its about time there was some consistent refereeing. If it was the other way round I wouldnt of grumbled tbh (which would be a lie, Im a right miserable cunt)

You can call it consistent but it's essentially bad refereeing. If Huth hadn't been stupid enough to give Best a slight push then we'd all be saying what a poor decision it was for their pen.

Last night was like some weird parallel universe where Cabaye was poor, Guthrie great, Krul occasionally sloppy without paying the price & Guti a defensive hero. The towel thing was hilarious.

If Ba to Stoke actually broke down due to money hopefully the knee knack claims are rubbish - he sure had no problem twisting & turning on the defensive line yesterday.

Overall a proper team performance - even by Obertan.

Getting excited about Saturday already.

Wimbledon have been stigmatised for years for doing what Stoke are all about. Why does Pulis get praised by the pundits for it?

I was saying as much last night and just did a search for what others say about it... found this recent article by Hansen, which I think is bollocks...

It is too easy to dismiss Stoke City as a modern-day version of Wimbledon because it overlooks the intelligence of Tony Pulis and a group of players whose togetherness enables them to take on the very best and get results.

http://www.telegraph...-Wimbledon.html

I'd probably go the other way, to be honest - I think dismissing Wimbledon that readily is an insult in itself. Christ, in their glory days they even managed to make Vinny Jones seem moderately charming in an underdog/anti-hero kind of way... whereas what have Stoke got now that they've established themselves as big spenders with actual ambition?

http://www.telegraph...-Wimbledon.html

I'd probably go the other way, to be honest - I think dismissing Wimbledon that readily is an insult in itself. Christ, in their glory days they even managed to make Vinny Jones seem moderately charming in an underdog/anti-hero kind of way... whereas what have Stoke got now that they've established themselves as big spenders with actual ambition?

(Deservedly) won the FA Cup and I think they came about 7th that year too. In the context of other teams in the league they could play a bit back then too.

I think given how hard literally everyone finds it playing there, this is probably our best result in the Premiership since we beat Arsenal at the Emirates. They are everything that is wrong with English football in my view. Technically they play within the rules of the game, but their style is so horrific I think law changes should be implemented, like seriously. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to see football like Stoke City play.

Pulis is an ungracious cunt too. His midfield of Delap, Whelan, Pennant and Etherington is the least gifted in the Premier League, they're not tall, but the strikers and centre halfs are animals. If you did away with throw ins and corners, they'd probably score about 15 goals a season. My law change would be you're not allowed to throw the ball more than 20 yards, if only to stop fucking Stoke. When we grew up, everyone hated Wimbledon, everyone, their game wasn't football and 20 years later you would've thought incessant long ball, thuggish, set piece based football would be long consigned to the history book but these bastards show it hasn't been. They're a disgrace to English football, everything about them. They are one of the smallest clubs ever to play in the Premier League, proper small time mentality supporters, who think nothing of starting on families of away fans, and it was summed up by them booing Ba and singing Demba Ba is a wanker, is a wanker, when Ba wanted to fucking sign for them! It was them who fucking knocked him back because it was too much a risk.

To me the people of Stoke are about 100 years behind the rest of the country, their outlook and mentality is cringeworthy and more like the personality of people from somewhere like Chechnya, the government should bulldoze it. It's amazing how different people are just 150 miles away.

Anyway my Skybet balance today reads....

v412qs.jpg

happy days. I thought Gutierrez was out of this world, I thought Obertan was a lot better, and Guthrie looked like a Premiership midfielder for once. If I could shut my eyes and have to football dreams come true this season it would be us coming 4th, and Stoke going down.

A lot of reports saying Sky had to turn the volume down with Stoke's anti-Ba chant.

Maybe they did say 'monkey'?

Hmmmm.. That's what I heard. But my soud quality wasn't perfect so who knows. I know it won't be the last we hear about it if that is the case. Dirty thugs.

From what I heard, they didn't say Monkey. All I heard was "Demba Ba, is a wanker". Unless Sky did turn down other chants I didn't hear.

At the very start, as he was the only 'coloured' person on the pitch, the home end chanted 'OOO OOO OOO' as in monkey talk.

They also did the 'is a wanker' stuff, but unlike last year it did get to the team.

Good game apart from the idiot behind us getting thrown out mid way thru the first half. Tosser.

thought they were just booing him tbh

A very satisfying victory, this has to be Jonas best season at the club, working hard, actually going past players etc

The towel thing was absolutely fantastic, lets hope other visiting teams can take the lead there and adopt the same tactic

If ever a club screamed championship it's Stoke City

Every single one of the lads last night GRAFTED like fuck. You have to do that at teams like Stoke. But its not just Stoke we have done it. Were doing it at all the games now. We loose the ball and we have 2 or 3 players around the ball trying to win it. Its how Barca play, so why not us ;)

Sad like but there's no chance of Stoke going down this season imo. It's funny how buying the likes of Crouch has probably made them worse though. £12m? I'm not sure how Spurs manage it as they paid less than that for him on the basis they didn't think he'd have much resale value.

Last night was like some weird parallel universe where Cabaye was poor, Guthrie great, Krul occasionally sloppy without paying the price & Guti a defensive hero. The towel thing was hilarious.

If Ba to Stoke actually broke down due to money hopefully the knee knack claims are rubbish - he sure had no problem twisting & turning on the defensive line yesterday.

given how bitter stoke seem about Ba not signing for them I have a feeling the knee was an excuse on their part if he came and wasnt impressed enough to sign

harsh on Krul there tbh, he had no real saves to make and against stoke he had to command his area a lot against some big strong bullies and he did so admirably, as well as any other keeper could've tbh, he dropped one ball which he shouldnt have but thats it really, always did enough otherwise

given how bitter stoke seem about Ba not signing for them I have a feeling the knee was an excuse on their part if he came and wasnt impressed enough to sign

harsh on Krul there tbh, he had no real saves to make and against stoke he had to command his area a lot against some big strong bullies and he did so admirably, as well as any other keeper could've tbh, he dropped one ball which he shouldnt have but thats it really, always did enough otherwise

I think you're giving the Stoke fans more powers of reasoning than they deserve there. The booing was stupid but that's football tbh. He nearly signed for them and didn't, therefore he was the villain of the piece for the night. Of course he shut the fuckers up in the best way possible.

I think you're giving the Stoke fans more powers of reasoning than they deserve there. The booing was stupid but that's football tbh. He nearly signed for them and didn't, therefore he was the villain of the piece for the night. Of course he shut the fuckers up in the best way possible.

for some reason at the moment I read all your posts as 2Js, I think its the avatar

I think given how hard literally everyone finds it playing there, this is probably our best result in the Premiership since we beat Arsenal at the Emirates. They are everything that is wrong with English football in my view. Technically they play within the rules of the game, but their style is so horrific I think law changes should be implemented, like seriously. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to see football like Stoke City play.

Pulis is an ungracious cunt too. His midfield of Delap, Whelan, Pennant and Etherington is the least gifted in the Premier League, they're not tall, but the strikers and centre halfs are animals. If you did away with throw ins and corners, they'd probably score about 15 goals a season. My law change would be you're not allowed to throw the ball more than 20 yards, if only to stop fucking Stoke. When we grew up, everyone hated Wimbledon, everyone, their game wasn't football and 20 years later you would've thought incessant long ball, thuggish, set piece based football would be long consigned to the history book but these bastards show it hasn't been. They're a disgrace to English football, everything about them. They are one of the smallest clubs ever to play in the Premier League, proper small time mentality supporters, who think nothing of starting on families of away fans, and it was summed up by them booing Ba and singing Demba Ba is a wanker, is a wanker, when Ba wanted to fucking sign for them! It was them who fucking knocked him back because it was too much a risk.

To me the people of Stoke are about 100 years behind the rest of the country, their outlook and mentality is cringeworthy and more like the personality of people from somewhere like Chechnya, the government should bulldoze it. It's amazing how different people are just 150 miles away.

Anyway my Skybet balance today reads....

v412qs.jpg

happy days. I thought Gutierrez was out of this world, I thought Obertan was a lot better, and Guthrie looked like a Premiership midfielder for once. If I could shut my eyes and have to football dreams come true this season it would be us coming 4th, and Stoke going down.

They did us a huge favour trying to get at Ba. :)